My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 3:20 PM

Wow Lillie----you are going to have such fun with that marvelous new sewing table!  I love it!

Robin--have fun!  Wish I was traveling!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Sun, Jul 7 2013 9:14 PM

Linny t:
Was everyone able to see the pic of Jo's grand daughter in the dress she made?  I can see it, but didn't see any comments about it.  This site can be finicky so I don't like to just believe it posted.

I need to know if anyone saw Jo's posts.  Could anyone see the pic of her grand daughter in the dress she made?

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 9,320

Hi Everyone.....I am not sure if you can see this; but I am determined to get this working right.  I like starting my day with my friends.  

Haley has made a lot of friends at church, everyone likes her and she doesn't meet a stranger.  We are taking her home on Thursday.  Her mom misses her.

We have some more sewing to do today.  She said she wanted to make a skirt.    That's it for now.   Jo

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 7:29 AM

Linny t:

Linny t:
Was everyone able to see the pic of Jo's grand daughter in the dress she made?  I can see it, but didn't see any comments about it.  This site can be finicky so I don't like to just believe it posted.

I need to know if anyone saw Jo's posts.  Could anyone see the pic of her grand daughter in the dress she made?

I saw your post Linny with Jo's granddaughter. I did see Jo's post, but it was only text, no picture. Such a beautiful little girl and a sweet dress as well.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 7:30 AM

normajo1030:

Hi Everyone.....I am not sure if you can see this; but I am determined to get this working right.  I like starting my day with my friends.  

Haley has made a lot of friends at church, everyone likes her and she doesn't meet a stranger.  We are taking her home on Thursday.  Her mom misses her.

We have some more sewing to do today.  She said she wanted to make a skirt.    That's it for now.   Jo

Jo, what fun for you and Haley. These will be precious memories for both you and Haley. How far away does she live from you? Hopefully it's not too far and you and she can do this again soon.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 9,320

Hi Lillie,   Haley lives in Ohio, about 2 1/2  hours from us.  George and I are such home/bodies we don't go up much and of course her family is busy with work, etc. so they don't get down much.   The neighbor lady behind us had her come up and play with her nieces this morning and it seem so quiet, I am sure I will miss her.

This may come through as " normajo1030again"  as I was havin trouble getting on with the new windows8 that I started a new name.  We will see.  I will probably stay with my old name.  

I envy your new sewing table and cutting table.   I am sure it will be a pleasure to work with them.  Have fun!!!  Jo

I see it has come through on normajoagain.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,018
Points 65,045
Robin replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 9:26 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Early start here in Tenessee two teams competing at 9:00.  So far one team in and out felt good about their presentation. 

Waiting on the second team right now.

Hope you all have a good day.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:21 AM

normajo1030:

Jo, this post worked, I'm happy to say.  Also, looks like people saw the post of Haley's dress.  How cool that Haley wants to make a skirt, too.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:24 AM

Diane:
My Nelly is with eggs again.  I have ordered an incubator and watched a video of instruction so I know how to do this.  I sure hope they do well.  This will be her 4th pregnancy. I messed up with 2 clutches making it too hot then too wet.  She had one clutch under the paper in the tank and by the time I got to them they were dead.  Maybe baby dragons this time!
 I hope they hatch with the new incubator.  I suppose that will take all the guesswork out of it.

Diane:
Linny---the chicken in the crock pot is the same as the ribs.  Sliced onions at the bottom of the pot then add chicken and barbecue sauce. It was great last year.  The ribs I had were OK but not meaty enough I though.  It was a great time though.
 Well, that's easy enough.  I'll have to give it a try.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:27 AM

Lillie:

DH and I are making a cutting/storage table for my sewing studio. So far we have cut two shelves. lol  It was too stinkin' hot yesterday. Here is a link to the cutting table we are going to make. I will paint mine white and will not have a place for a sewing machine or the pull out shelf. Mine will only be 5.5 x 4 ft. 

While I was surfing for stuff yesterday, I ran across this info on Patsy Thompson's blog. It's exactly what I've been looking for for the top of my table.

You'll have to post pics once you get your sewing room fully furnished.  I bet it'll be the envy of all your sewing friends, for sure.  Thanks for the links.  I didn't know you could get custom sized cutting mats.  The cabinet looks perfect. for a cutting/storage table.  Will you be using it like an island so you can get on all sides?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:30 AM

Darlene:
I had become frustrated with my choice of fabrics and was unhappy with the way the blocks were coming together but refused to start over.  After getting the top together today I am happy with the look of the quilt and glad I didn't ditch my first choice.  I am struggling with the fact that the pattern I chose was for a twin and they have a king size bed.  I decided to add extra borders to gain the width and length.  This has proven to be challenging for me today.

Darlene, if anyone can make this work, you can.  How did it turn out?  Too bad you lost your post with the pic in it.  I'd have like to see it.  It sounds really pretty.  How are you quilting it?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:31 AM

Robin:

Good Morning Everyone,

Early start here in Tenessee two teams competing at 9:00.  So far one team in and out felt good about their presentation. 

Waiting on the second team right now.

Hope you all have a good day.  

How's the weather there, Robin?  Any cooler than FL?  What is the competition? 

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:34 PM

Jo,

It actually says Jo Doll not normajo1030. So it looks like it's working on your new name.

Yes, I can completely understand not getting out as much as before. Ted and I are pretty much home bodies as well.

I am looking forward to all my new sewing furniture. I'll post pics once everything is in place and cleaned up.  lol  That won't be until the end of Aug, as the Koala takes 6-8 weeks for delivery.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:43 PM

Linny t:

You'll have to post pics once you get your sewing room fully furnished.  I bet it'll be the envy of all your sewing friends, for sure.  Thanks for the links.  I didn't know you could get custom sized cutting mats.  The cabinet looks perfect. for a cutting/storage table.  Will you be using it like an island so you can get on all sides?

Yes, I plan to use it as an island. I'll be able to get rid of my ironing board WAHOO!!!  I told DH that he needed to make sure there was enough room at the bottom of the table for me to stand on any side of the table and fit my feet underneath WITHOUT jamming my toes into the sides.  lol  He said "I'm glad you told me BEFORE I cut all the pieces and parts."  lol  I'm figuring that's about 4-6 inches off the floor.  Golly, I'm excited. I've had this table pattern for over two years and I'm finally getting it done!!!

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,173
Points 111,345
Linny t replied on Mon, Jul 8 2013 7:57 PM

Lillie:
Golly, I'm excited. I've had this table pattern for over two years and I'm finally getting it done!!!
 Sounds like a dream come true!

Linny T

Page 76 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev7475767778Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use