My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEPHANIE!!!!!   AND MANY MORE!!!  I think it's just wonderful you got your stencils on your birthday!

Thank you. It's been kind of fun having a birthday on the cusp of the July 4th holiday through the years. Lot's of years. LOL

I got a notebook out and started playing with the stencils. So neat to have some with some swirls and circles and hearts. I want to get used to using them before I try to line up a seam. They're quite a bit thicker than the others I have so there's a bit of a learning curve to using them. Maybe not too. I was using a fat pen and that might have made a difference.

Another get together and cookout today, so I wanted to take the time early to wish all of you a Happy Independence Day.      

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 7:33 AM

Stephanie:

Lillie:
But I did get my Trish Burr Little Bee Eater kit.

That little bee eater is adorable. Now, correct me if I'm wrong. You have to purchase the flosses right? How does the 200 thread count muslin feel? Look forward to seeing it. 

Yes she gives you the DMC floss sheet so you know which ones to purchase. The fabric is wonderful. Really thick but soft and flexible. Wish I could find something like that here in town.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 7:34 AM

Happy Birthday Stephanie!

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 7:48 AM

Stephanie:
Thank you. It's been kind of fun having a birthday on the cusp of the July 4th holiday through the years. Lot's of years. LOL
 Well, I've always treated my family's birthdays as birthday weeks.  Seems like one day is just not enough.  I hope your whole week is a celebration!

Stephanie:
got a notebook out and started playing with the stencils. So neat to have some with some swirls and circles and hearts. I want to get used to using them before I try to line up a seam. They're quite a bit thicker than the others I have so there's a bit of a learning curve to using them. Maybe not too. I was using a fat pen and that might have made a difference.

I just can't wait to get these.  Have you decided what project you're taking with on your trip?  

I also want to take a moment at wish you all a happy Independence Day!  Hope all your fun it bigger than you imagined it would be!

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Thu, Jul 4 2013 9:39 AM

Happy Independence Day Everyone,

Today is going to be a simple day for us.  I'm going to cook some,  we're going to start packing some, I'm going to sew some and we're going to eat some.   I'm hoping that although its a simple day it will be one we remember as a good day for a long time. 

Stephanie,  Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,  Happy Birthday Dear Stephanie,  Happy Birthday to you!   Now you have been virtually sung to and with me doing the singing that's the best way.

Linny,   Hooray for you taking off Friday.  I hope you have a happy, happy day.

Diane,  I hope your balcony is overflowing with the warm of friendship and love .

Lillie,  Great goodness what a wonderful week for you.   Enjoy !

Jo,  Congrats on the new computer hope the issues get solved soon!

Darlene,  I hope that you had a great day.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Robin:

Darlene,  I hope that you had a great day.

Happy 4th.  I had a soggy beginning to the day but all in all it was a very good day.

The weather forecast for today was shattered showers with thunderstorms possible.  Set up began at 8 AM and by 8:15 the sky opened up and everything was soaked in a matter of minutes. 

Fortunately the rain did not last and I was able to finish setting up before the people started coming to the park.  This was delayed because of the weather and I was skeptical of how the day would go  because of the delay in the crowds.

My sales were great and worth walking around soggy for hours.  People came prepared to shop today and I was fortunate to have what they were looking for.  I really appreciate the sales because vendors on each side were grumbling that they didn't have a good day.  Maybe their criteria of a "good" day is different from mine but my sales were double last year.

Stephanie, belated Happy Birthday.  Hope that you enjoyed your time with family.

Diane, hope that your party went well.

Linny, hope that your time off is restful and fun.

Robin,  good luck getting ready for your trip.

Lillie, glad to hear that your carpet is coming along nicely.  Bet you can't wait to get your sewing studio put back together.

Well, time for me to call it a night.  Sleep tight all.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Thank you for the Birthday wishes everyone.

Happy to hear reports of fun days yesterday and congrat's Darlene on double sales from last year!

We had a great time too. Great food, family, friends and fireworks. What more could a person ask for.....

Lilly, thanks for the detail about the muslin. I knew it had to be special with a 200 thread count.

Diane, Hope your party went off without a hitch and that you had a great time...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
I've always treated my family's birthdays as birthday weeks.  Seems like one day is just not enough.  I hope your whole week is a celebration!

What a neat concept, and thank you. It's starting to feel like a weeks celebration. My mind is agog from all the activity.Haven't had this much fun in ages.

Linny t:
Have you decided what project you're taking with on your trip?  

With my fuzz brain this morning I'll be lucky to remember my toothbrush. LOL. I'm getting there after my second cup of coffee.LOL.  I'm still planning on the sketchbook for purse planning. Not sure what else yet. My main focus is a really good visit with MIL. It's been too long since I've seen her. We chat on the phone once a week, but nothing quite compares sitting together with a cup of coffee and a sit down visit.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:47 AM

Darlene, how great that you had double the sales from last year.  With the rain I bet it was especially surprising.

Robin, hope your 4th was everything you planned it to be.

Diane, how did your dinner party go?

Lillie, did your plans go off well?

Jo, I know you're out there.  You posted in my PM and I'd like to share it with everyone here so they'll know what you've been up to.  Hope to see you posting here in the forums soon.

Jo Wrote:

"OMG!!! I can't believe I am here. lol  I am using Google.  I don't know where to start, I thought I had a lot to say, but will probably forget half of it.

My great-granddaughter (Haley)  came to stay with us for a while. She is 8. She wanted to come down from Ohio to learn to sew.  I first showed her how to embroider her name with the stem stitch.  I could not believe how well she did; she had never had a needle in her hand. Then I made designs and lines on paper and let her practice with the sewing machine.  She did pretty good with that. Then we went to fabric.  I had some 4th of July fabric (fireworks  and stars), so I cut  out a dress and she sewed the shoulder and side and hem. I did the neckline and armholes. She wore it to church last night.  I would post a picture but I can't figure out how. I have the picture in my picture library, but can't seem to attach it to anything. I tried to send it to her mom..didn't work.

I had three boys......wow is she different.. talks all the time!  She is very well behaved. She tells her parents she is staying forever.  George said "Don't I have a vote?" Haley said, "no".  lol  We will take her home sometime next week.   She calls everyone in Ohio and talks like a teenager.  LOOK OUT WHEN SHE IS ONE. lol   She seems smart; you tell her once and she remembers.   

I am getting on to Windows 8, will just take a while.  

I haven't had breakfast, so this is it for now.   Jo"

What a delight to teach sewing to your great granddaughter.  These are days that Haley will remember all her life and skills she will show off proudly later in life.  She will be the one who says, "I learned how to sew from my Great Grandmother".  How cool that you actually got a dress sewn.  She'll cherish that forever.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:54 AM

We went to friends house for dinner and to watch the fireworks. They did not start until 9:30 and at 10:45 they did the big finale. We did not stay to watch them at our friends, but did go out on the back deck and watched them for a few mins. I'm really not into the fireworks any longer. I did make the appropriate "ooh and aah" lol

My DH commented on the time of the big finale and was wondering how many families with young kids were still out there watching the fireworks. He thought it was much too late for little ones to be out and about.

As a kid I think I remember being out really late when we watched the fireworks. But that could have been 9:30 for all I know.  lol  After a while, my parents started doing fireworks in the backyard and then in the street with neighbors.

Our city imposed stiff fines for anyone caught setting off personal fireworks. The only ones that were sanctioned were those put on by the city.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:57 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
I've always treated my family's birthdays as birthday weeks.  Seems like one day is just not enough.  I hope your whole week is a celebration!

What a neat concept, and thank you. It's starting to feel like a weeks celebration. My mind is agog from all the activity.Haven't had this much fun in ages.

Linny t:
Have you decided what project you're taking with on your trip?  

With my fuzz brain this morning I'll be lucky to remember my toothbrush. LOL. I'm getting there after my second cup of coffee.LOL.  I'm still planning on the sketchbook for purse planning. Not sure what else yet. My main focus is a really good visit with MIL. It's been too long since I've seen her. We chat on the phone once a week, but nothing quite compares sitting together with a cup of coffee and a sit down visit.

Stephanie, it's so good to hear that you've been having such fun with your company.  I'm sure you'll have more on your trip, too.  Won't it be nice to visit face to face with your MIL?  She sounds like such a sweetheart.  It's funny that there's all this business of getting ready for a trip and just as soon as you're out of town everything that was so important fades away and your mind realizes it's okay to relax.  You deserve this, you know.  You and Mike have been far too busy for months.  Hope you have a fabulous time!  Hope you're able to post about it.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:59 AM

YAY Darlene! Great news on the sales from your booth. 

Carpet looks wonderful throughout the house. Yesterday we cut up some of the left over carpet and made little pads to fit under the chairs, tables, bed frames, and  bookshelves to help protect the carpet from those deep impressions left on the carpet.

The off-gassing is almost gone or we have become used to the smell. We've had the windows open for almost 48 hours. Now it's time for the AC!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 8:03 AM

Linny thank you so much for sharing Jo's comments with us.

Jo I'm so happy to hear about your great granddaughter. What a special time you're having with her. I can't wait to see the pics of you and Haley.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,340
Points 113,575
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:20 AM

Jo finally got the pic to go in regular email and she wanted me to share it with all of you...  She's a cutie, Jo.  Such pretty hair!  Love the dress, too.  I bet she's really proud to wear it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,117
Points 67,345
Robin replied on Fri, Jul 5 2013 3:27 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone,

No I didn't sleep this late just am really slow at getting to this place today.

We had a great dinner last night and spent most of the day just being with each other.   Today has involved some cleaning, some napping and thoughts of packing.   I hope that you all have had a marvelous day.

Jo,  Your granddaughter is so lovely and the dress is to cute.

Lillie,  I'm like you not really all that into fireworks.  I like them for a little bit then it's over.

Stephanie,  Have a great trip.

Linny, did you do anything special today?

Darlene,  congrats on your great sell.

Can't really seem to get my brain in gear today.  I think the high pressure is getting the better of me.   I'm very thankful for the rain but I'm really tired of the pressure.

Robin

Page 74 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev7273747576Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use