rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,090
Robin replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:15 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Seems like you all have some wonderful plans for the 4th.  As for me and my bunch I think we are all staying in and packing for the school trip to Nashville.  We pull out at 4 am Sunday morning.   It will be good to have a little time to get things straight before we go.    I will of course cook and there is the town fourth of July fireworks which is only a block and a half from my house over a small lake.   I'm just wondering if everyone else around here hopes the insurance carrier is as good as you think it is on a night like that. 

Anyway,  I cut out my Alaska Quilt yesterday and started sewing.   Going slowly right now but I think it will pick up as soon as I get the hang of the square.

Lillie,  Congrats on your big pig win.  And good luck with the carpet.

Diane,  Have fun getting ready for your party.  Don't over do it.

Have a great day!

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:20 AM

Darlene:
 His exact words were "that corn won't be knee high by the Fourth of July".  That is his favorite gauge for the growth of local corn.
 I'm originally from Illinois and we had that expression for the corn, too.

Good luck on your Picnic in the Park.  Just the sound of that makes me think happy thoughts.  Hope you sell all your Christmas skirts.

We've had a ton of rain, too, for days.  Today I have seen sun lots this morning and it's almost hurting my eyes, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:22 AM

Lillie:

Oh this was fun. The other day I was in the grocery store and over the PA system they announced they were giving away a fully cooked side of BBQ ribs. You could win the ribs if you knew the voice of Porky Pig. I figured I'd be too late, but moseyed over to the meat counter anyway. I asked if there had been a winner and they said No. I gave them the answer. Voila. I won the ribs for my DH. He's been snacking on them for a couple of days. It's always a little treat when something like that happens. Usually I'm not the winner.

Congrats on the ribs, Lillie.  When I read Porky Pig I heard that thing he always does in my mind...that's all folks, right?  I never win anything either.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:33 AM

Stephanie:
Jo is having trouble. She said when she hits the key to reply it takes her back to the sign in page and when she signs in can't get back to reply. Any advice?

Stephanie, do you know if Jo has tried clicking the "Report Issue" button in the upper right hand side of the home page?  She should do that first.  Also, I have found that Nana is most helpful in getting issues resolved around here.  If Jo could send her a personal message explaining I'm sure Nana will do all she can.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:44 AM

Diane:

Hi Everyone

It's so nice to hear from you since all weekend the site was down.  I missed you.  My dinner party is shaping up.  I am making the ribs and potato salad and friends are bringing baked beans, greens and corn bread.  Also 2 people are bringing Marie Calander's custard silk pies.  It's to die for!!!!  It will be 7 people now---maybe 8.  We will be watching the concert at the mall on TV and of course the fireworks supplied from my apartment and balcony.  The 4th of July and Christmas are my favorite holidays.  

I am just trying to make the dinner as easy as possible.  I do get tired easily.  It should be fun.

Diane your dinner party is making me hungry, lol.  It sounds like it's going to be a blast.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 11:47 AM

Robin, how great that you don't have to go far at all to see the fireworks.  I plan on it being a "work" day...either inside or outside, they  both need attention.  Nashville is pretty.  How long are you going to be there?  I think you said but I forgot.

Hope you post pics of your Alaska Quilt progress when you get that far.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,918
Points 38,520
Diane replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 1:03 PM

Check out this shop on Etsy     patwintergatherings  .  Crazy quilt purses for sale.  Nice eye candy.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 3:17 PM

Diane:

Congrats on the win Lillie!  It always feels great to win something.  I would have never guessed that!

I only knew Mel Blanc. I had to google the original voice. DH said I cheated. But, that didn't stop him from eating the ribs.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 4:59 PM

So far the carpet looks fantastic. I absolutely love it. It's still a mushroom color, but with just a hint of yellow instead of gray. Really warms up all the rooms. Even DH, who doesn't really like berber, says it looks beautiful.  lol

Diane, you July 4th dinner sounds great.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:30 PM

• Diane:

Check out this shop on Etsy     patwintergatherings  .  Crazy quilt purses for sale.  Nice eye candy.

Thanks for the link, Diane.  I always forget about Pat Winters.  I get her quarterly magazine called Crazy Quilt Gatherings sometimes.  I buy them individually if I have the extra $.  She is such a master at CQ.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,831
Points 106,175
Linny t replied on Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:33 PM

Lillie:
So far the carpet looks fantastic. I absolutely love it. It's still a mushroom color, but with just a hint of yellow instead of gray. Really warms up all the rooms. Even DH, who doesn't really like berber, says it looks beautiful.  lol

Lillie, I'm happy for you getting your new berber.  How nice it is to have new carpeting and a plus that DH likes it, too.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 7:34 AM

Pat Winters items are really beautiful. Thanks for the info Diane.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 7:39 AM

Linny t:

Lillie:

Lillie, I'm happy for you getting your new berber.  How nice it is to have new carpeting and a plus that DH likes it, too.  

DH is driving me crazy this morning. lol  Moving stuff from the other rooms upstairs and everything gets piled in the master because that carpet was installed yesterday. I didn't want him to move anything else from my sewing studio, but he did. So I had to give him instructions about my cutting mats.  lol  Oh well it all works out in the end.

Had a horrible time sleeping last night because of the off gassing of the carpet. I've opened all the windows to help move the gas to the outside instead of into my lungs.  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,854
Points 61,090
Robin replied on Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:57 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are all off to a bright a happy Wednesday what I am assuming is the last day of the work week for most of you.

Today is time to get organized day for me.  We will celebrate the four of July tomorrow and then it will be all about the business of gathering and packing for the trip to Nashville for the FCCLA National Conventions.   I've got three teams competing and hoping that they have been practicing some over the break.   Once I get home I will have about three weeks of actual break and then another conference in Pontre Vede at the Sawgrass Resort, this one is all adults.   I hope they have some good stuff planned.   Then about a week and school will start back up.

Lillie,  Isn't funny when men get their get up and go on.   They just turn into crazy people.  I hope you get your sewing studio back together soon.  Ever since I lost mine I'm like a woman without a home.  

Diane,  Cool site.   I found her blog too.   Thanks for another place to go for inspiration.   Hope you have the best party ever.

Linny,  Do you get Thursday and Friday off?

Stephanie,  Hope your not working to hard.

Darlene,  Good luck with your event tomorrow.

Have a great Wednesday.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,023

Lillie,

Congrat's on the new carpet. Bummer about the fumes. I'm allergic to those formaldehyde scents and would probably be on allergy med's if we get new. Hopefully that part will pass soon. Your DH sounds like a man on a mission trying to get stuff put back. At least you won't have to carry your stuff back up the stairs.

Diane,

Thanks for the link. I too am a big fan of hers and buy her mag's. They're nicely done and lots of inspiration.

Robin,

Your summer is blowing by quickly. Hope you get everything done you need to do and enjoy your fireworks.

We'll be heading to the beach for ours. Hopefully the rains won't cancel them. It's my younger brother's time to do dinner for company so I get to skate on that one.

Page 72 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev7071727374Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use