My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:27 PM

Thanks, Robin.  I found that really interesting.  I didn't know about the beef bones and tomato paste clarifying the stock.  We learn something new every day, don't we?

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,080
Diane replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:28 PM
Thanks for the info Robin.  What a lengthy process.  I can see why people just buy stock.  I even have to add bullion to chicken I have simmered for a while for soup.  It's interesting about the tomato paste on the beef bones to clarify the broth.  
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 8:25 PM

Wow Robin, I had no idea you had to do so much to create stock. I bet it tastes divine.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 12:19 PM

Robin,

That was really interesting. I always wondered why if I boiled the bones for soup they had a kind of gamey taste. This process sure explains it. Good to hear that you've had some time to work on the blocks for your purse. Can't wait to see them.

All,

Got my squishy yesterday. Pretty stuff. I'd ordered two fabric packs, light and jewel. Both just lovely. I ordered a few different kinds of variegated perles. I hadn't ordered threadworx before and they are really pretty in person. I also hadn't ordered rayon perle. It has a gorgeous shine to it . Not sure if it will be difficult to use. I have read to cut shorter strands. I'll keep you posted on that. Don't know if anyone else who ordered was surprised to see only a few of Stef Francis silks available. She used to have a big variety.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day today, and Linny I especially hope for you that the a/c is fixed this morning. It's grueling outside and the thought of inside being hotter still and no air movement just makes me shudder to think....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:20 PM

There's that phrase again...squishy package...I see one in my near future, lol.  I'll be interested to hear how the rayon is to work with.  I've never tried it.  

The ac was not fixed today.  They need another part.  He blamed it on the first guy.  We didn't care who's fault it was.  The promise is that the part will be in by 11 tomorrow and we'll have ac shortly after that.  We'll see.  It was grueling today.  It was a scorcher outside and on top of it all the elevator broke.  This made the stairwell doors open and close continuously letting in more of the hot because they are not air conditioned.  At least tomorrow is Friday.  I'll have the weekend to overcome exhaustion, lol.

Hope everyone is well.  Quiet day around here.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,080
Diane replied on Thu, Jun 27 2013 9:35 PM

Linny--no air again?  I would call them and tell them that you will be in after lunch---if the air is on!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,040
Points 65,605
Robin replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 5:29 AM

Good Morning everyone,

This is the last day of culinary camp.  I'm packed and ready to meet my dear ones in Orlando.  I've had good time and made some new acquistences and grown some friendships this week but I'm thankful for Friday to be here.   Our class cooked lunch yesterday for all the ones.  We offered 4 entries. My group did the duck. It looked good.  Fortunately not means by other partner our third partner is a Johnson and wales grad so he cooked the duck and like the commercial says. "We helped" .  But it was fun.   Today is sauces and soups. We have a new chef to work with.

Here's a picture of my team and the chef we've worked with all week. 

I hope you all have a great day. And especially for Linny a cool one.  

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,080
Diane replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:12 PM

Hi Everyone!

Robin--so happy that you had a productive week.  So nice to go home though.  What's you schedule for next week?  Do you ever slow down? lol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:28 PM

Linny t:
The ac was not fixed today.  They need another part.  He blamed it on the first guy.  We didn't care who's fault it was.  The promise is that the part will be in by 11 tomorrow and we'll have ac shortly after that.

Just ridiculous. I suppose they'll charge for 5 service calls by the time they're finished? TGIF!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:31 PM

Robin,

You look so cute in your chef attire. Happy to hear you had a good time and made some new friends. Hope you have safe travel and a great time in Orlando. I bet they'll be crowded this weekend up there....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 3:36 PM

Diane:

Linny--no air again?  I would call them and tell them that you will be in after lunch---if the air is on!

How I wish that was an option.

So, he shows up at about 1:30 with the part.  Puts it in and it still doesn't work.  He leaves without telling anyone when he'll be back.  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???  He's lucky I'm not the one he has to deal with.  Right now it's around 80 degrees in here.  All I can say is TGIF!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 3:39 PM

Robin, you look like you were born to wear that outfit.  Are you going to try out all your new skills on your family's meals?  They are the lucky ones.  Wishing you a safe trip to Orlando.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 5:20 PM

Robin, that is just so cool. I'm glad you had a great time. Have fun with your family!!!

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 7:21 PM

Linny t:
Puts it in and it still doesn't work.  He leaves without telling anyone when he'll be back.  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???  He's lucky I'm not the one he has to deal with.

Amen to that!!! Somebody's head would be rolling after running a business for a week with that nonsense. Can't wait to see what they think of charging!!!

On the other side, I have to commend you and all of your cowrorkers for hanging in there. I can't imagine how miserable it had to have been all week to work in these conditions. God Bless you and yes TGIF!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,107
Points 42,080
Diane replied on Fri, Jun 28 2013 11:01 PM

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  I'm sure that you will be enjoying yours Linny---being cool!

Page 70 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev6869707172Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use