My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 6:46 PM

So sorry to hear about the no air situation Linny.  I hope they get it fixed soon.

Today I went to get my teeth cleaned and he noticed a place on my gum that "looks like a pimple".  Now I'l start penicillin for the next 6 days and see him in 2 weeks.  I thought I was done for a while.

The assistant told me to get the Crest white strips and use the whole box, then wait a few weeks and do it again and then a 3rd time. She also told me to use Crest 3D White.  She has learned this from what other patients have told her. I'll try it soon.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,531
Points 138,978
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 6:50 PM

Diane:
Now I'l start penicillin for the next 6 days and see him in 2 weeks.  I thought I was done for a while.

Sounds like a good thing you went. can you use the white strips while the gum is healing or do you have to wait?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 7:05 PM

I didn't ask about using the white strips now.  I don't think it will interfere.

Did you get some rest Stephanie?  Linny--glad to hear that your back is better.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,531
Points 138,978
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 3:37 AM

Diane:
Did you get some rest Stephanie?

I did rest most of the day. My lower right side is still really sore to the touch with pressure as I move. I may  have to see a doctor on this one. I'll know better at the end of the day after I've been working. Thanks for asking...    

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,016
Points 64,990
Robin replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 5:34 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope today is lovely outside your window.  So far we have had pleasant weather here in Miami.

Yesterday we made beef stock, chicken stock, seafood stock, and vegetable stock.   I've been team with a guy who has been to culinary school and a lady who has been working in the culinary industry for a while so I'm in good company.   I've also met some people I knew from home, FCCLA and a workshop I went to in the spring.  So the company is good.   Last night we went to a restaurant called season 52.   Their menu is based on the seasons of the year and changes with the crops,  they serve entirely healthy food no plate over 500 or maybe it was 400 and something calories.   I had a Cuban flat bread, it was very good.    

Today we are suppose to learn about wait service.   While the other group learns kitchen essentials.  Then we are suppose to serve them lunch.  Then tomorrow we will switch places.   Friday is soups and sauces.   

I brought stitching with me and have complete another block for my purse.  I also broke down yesterday morning and order Sharon B templates.

Linny,  how terrible no air at work.  Hope it's back on today.

Stephanie, Sorry to hear about your stomach problems, hope you feel better this morning. 

Diane,  Good luck with the whitening strips my daughters have tried several whitening products. They seem to work fine but the effects seem temporary.

Lillie,  How your class coming?

Have a great Hump day everyone! 

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:59 AM

Linny t:

No, it's out at work.  I wish they'd let me work from home, but that would be so unlike them.  Hopefully they will have it fixed tomorrow.  It felt great to get home to my AC.  I even cranked it down a degree so I could feel cold for awhile, lol.

Isn't that unsafe working conditions?  You should sue for a bazillion dollars and then you can stay home and do the things you want to do anytime you want to do them.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:06 AM

Robin:

Lillie,  How your class coming?

I've put the class on hold as I get ready for the carpet installation July 1 & 2. I box up a little bit everyday and DH moves it to the basement. My sewing room will definitely be ready in time. Actually that's the only room in the house that was stuffed to the gills. lol

Glad that your classes are going so well and you have great companions with you. Did you have to sit next to the complainer at Season 52? 

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 11:22 AM

Lillie:
Isn't that unsafe working conditions?  You should sue for a bazillion dollars and then you can stay home and do the things you want to do anytime you want to do them.  lol
 If I thought they had a bazillian dollars it'd be worth thinking about, lol.  I am quite sure that they do not.  Thanks for the idea, though.  It sounds good to me.

It's not too bad yet.  They have someone coming but they haven't shown up yet.  It gets bad in the PM when the sun comes around.  I've actually been comfortable so far.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 11:25 AM

Robin:
Yesterday we made beef stock, chicken stock, seafood stock, and vegetable stock.   I've been team with a guy who has been to culinary school and a lady who has been working in the culinary industry for a while so I'm in good company.   I've also met some people I knew from home, FCCLA and a workshop I went to in the spring.  So the company is good.   Last night we went to a restaurant called season 52.   Their menu is based on the seasons of the year and changes with the crops,  they serve entirely healthy food no plate over 500 or maybe it was 400 and something calories.   I had a Cuban flat bread, it was very good.    
 So you get to serve stock and then on Friday you get to eat soup?  You teamed up well.  Nice to have partners who know a lot already.  Also, how nice you met up with folks you know.  That makes eating out extra fun.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,156
Points 111,110
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 11:26 AM

Stephanie:

Diane:
Did you get some rest Stephanie?

I did rest most of the day. My lower right side is still really sore to the touch with pressure as I move. I may  have to see a doctor on this one. I'll know better at the end of the day after I've been working. Thanks for asking...    

That sucks.  Do you still have your appendix?  Gosh, I hope it goes away before the weekend so you'll be able to enjoy your company.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 12:06 PM

Robin--sounds like you are having an interesting and productive time.  I would like to know how to make good stock.  Are there any secrets to it?

They told me that you have to keep up with the  whitening strips sometimes to keep the results up.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 12:48 PM

Diane:

They told me that you have to keep up with the  whitening strips sometimes to keep the results up.

Do they worry about the whitening strips harming the enamel on the teeth? I'm just having a hard time believing they would not harm the enamel in some fashion.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 5:20 PM

Lillie--on teeth whitening--I couldn't find anything on the internet about harm to the enamel.  The problem with over whitening is sensitivity and gum irritation.  It's mostly made out of peroxide and a lower strength that what you would get at the dentist.  So I think it's fine.  The article was in the Huffington Post and others.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 5:25 PM

Diane:

Lillie--on teeth whitening--I couldn't find anything on the internet about harm to the enamel.  The problem with over whitening is sensitivity and gum irritation.  It's mostly made out of peroxide and a lower strength that what you would get at the dentist.  So I think it's fine.  The article was in the Huffington Post and others.

Oh that's good to know Diane. Thanks for sharing the info.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,016
Points 64,990
Robin replied on Wed, Jun 26 2013 5:44 PM

Diane,

The secret is apparently bones and how you handle them if they areameatbased stock and the mirepoix ( onions, carrots, and celery) and and a bouquet garde (herbs ba, parsley and thyme), cooked several hours varies from type to type.  Beef bones have to be browned in the oven for several hours and then smear with tomatoe paste and baked a little longer.  This brings out a protein that will clarify the stock.   Also skimming the stock at the beginning.  Once the stock starts to boil turn it down to a simmer and simmer it for the duration.   Reduce it to about half. Strain and you got stock. 

If you do chicken or poultry of another kind.   You don't bake the bones.  

Hope this helps .

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Page 69 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev6768697071Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use