My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 8:00 PM

Stephanie:

I wish you all the best with this. How much do you want to lose?

Lillie:
Can you come to my house and help me re-do the kitchen cabinets? I think I counted once and we have 60 cabinet doors (upper and lower) and 13 drawer fronts. In the upper cabinets the very top shelves have nothing on them. And some of the second highest shelves have nothing on them either. Who can reach that high? Even on a step stool I can't reach it. I always have to stand on the counter top.  lol

Thank you for the compliment and WOW! That's a kitchen!!!! My goodness, I can't imagine having all that space.

Thanks for the heads up about the stencils. I've got mine ordered too.I haven't had time to check the pdf files. And like Linny, I'm certain that these have been well thought out. I took her class for Encrusted Crazy Quilting and you would not believe the detail she went into and the photos and photos of seam treatments. I printed them all to be able to carry with me and filled a notebook. I remember thinking it was kind of pricey in the beginning, but I learned so much and gained so much inspiration that in the end it was money well spent.    

I'd like to lose about 25-30 lbs. I'm hoping by summer next year I will have lost that much. If I take it off slowly it's more likely to remain off.

Where did you take her Encrusted CQ? Does she have an online class?

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 5:01 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

Day 2 of Culinary Camp.

Today we learn to make Stocks and have a presentation from Johnson And Wales.    The instructor we had yesterday was a funny little guy, older with lots of experience in the industry.   He did a good job.    Last night we had a Mixer to share with others Best Practices.  Unfortunately i sat across from a lady who wanted to do nothing but complain about her kids.  But I have had a chance to learn a few things from other teachers while in classes and such.

Lillie,  the class for Encrusted is list on her website.  

Linny, I hope you are feeling better this morning.  I am sore from standing all day.

Stephanie,  wahoo! a vacation for you.

Diane,  Guido sounds so cute.

Jo,  The kitties are such cuties. 

Have a good day everyone .

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 7:16 AM

Lillie:

I'd like to lose about 25-30 lbs. I'm hoping by summer next year I will have lost that much. If I take it off slowly it's more likely to remain off.

Where did you take her Encrusted CQ? Does she have an online class?

Yes, a slow loss is better. Healthier too. Keep us posted as you progress.

For encrusted CQ, it looks like people are writing in to be notified for the next class. Here's a direct link to it: http://pintangle.com/classes-online/encrusted-crazy-quilting/    She had one in February, and I would imagine she's crazy busy with packaging stencils right now. I'm really happy for her that these things have taken off after all the years she's given heart and soul to helping people learn and inspire. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 7:19 AM

Robin, I'm so excited that you took your laptop with you so you can share your culinary experiences with us. Too bad you were stuck sitting across from a complainer. Perhaps tonight you can pick a different table to sit at.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 7:39 AM

Robin:

Today we learn to make Stocks and have a presentation from Johnson And Wales.    The instructor we had yesterday was a funny little guy, older with lots of experience in the industry.   He did a good job.    Last night we had a Mixer to share with others Best Practices.  Unfortunately i sat across from a lady who wanted to do nothing but complain about her kids.  But I have had a chance to learn a few things from other teachers while in classes and such.

Sounds like an eventful first day for you.

Isn't it annoying to have a complainer in a situation like that? We were at a wedding recently and I sat next to a very  inibreated lady that all she could go on about was how her son had been through rehab and was doing so well. On and on and on. It was so uncomfortable. I was patient and kind all the while but we ended up leaving early. Hard to avoid when you're at a table situation.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 7:59 AM

Had a rough night last night. I think just trapped gas, very painful. So much so that I couldn't sleep. I finally got up and took a swig of some cough medicine hoping the liquid would help alleviate the pain and help me get to sleep. And it did. It's still there this morning but at a tolerable level. I'm hoping to get on my sewing machine and get those panels sewn and play with my once block.

I printed out the instruction pdf files from the stencils that came with the message that they'd been shipped. Lots of ideas on how to use them for seam treatments. Can't wait to see them and practice.  

Hope everyone has a great day...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 10:47 AM

Hi Everyone.  Sorry to hear you are having back pain Linny.  I know what that's like.  Hope you feel better soon.  Stephanie--great idea about the cough syrup.  I wonder why it worked?  The other night I was up for hours with "restless legs".  I finally rubbed some Voltarin cream on them and it worked.  Voltarin is a prescription for   inflamed muscles.

Today I'm going to the dentist for a cleaning.  I don't want to be bothered.  I just like to stay home.  I was thinking of all kinds of excuses not to go but I just got a text from them reminding me. Oh well..

Lillie---good luck with your diet.  I lost some weight from being sick this past winter and trying to keep it off.  Not the best way to lose weight. 

Yesterday I was in and out of bed all day dozing.  I guess I needed a day off.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 12:20 PM

Diane:
great idea about the cough syrup.  I wonder why it worked?

I could feel it all the way down. LOL. I was just hoping because it has liquid tylenol it would work faster than taking a pill. I've noticed I feel some inflammation on my right side and painful to poke around. Hope it's not something like a gallstone or organ problem. That's all I'd need right now. My family would tease me about doing anything to get out of having company. LOL

Good to know Voltarin helps restless legs. Those are miserable. Hope you made it to the dentist. Chuckled at the thought of you mulling over not going. Peas in a pod there. LOL

Sounds like a nice day of rest for you yesterday. I think I'm going to pick up on that cue and go have a nap myself. This mornings been much busier with calls. etc than I'd like to deal with. Not sure why it always seems to be that way when you don't feel well....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 1:46 PM

Stephanie:
Mike's sis and brother in law are renting a 10 bedroom house right on a beach in SC. They have five adult kid, some with spouses and grandkids, themselves and they're are bringing his Mom down. They invited us and Paul and Melissa to come up and join them. I haven't seen Mike's mom in a long time. It'll be so nice to spend some time with her.
 Sounds like a ton of fun.  What a great idea!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 3:47 PM

Robin:

I'm glad you're enjoying your class, Robin.  Learning in spite of that lady complaining is a challenge I bet.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 3:53 PM

Diane:
Sorry to hear you are having back pain Linny.  I know what that's like.
 It is a bit better today, thanks.  That's interesting to know about the cream for restless leg syndrome.  Hope your cleaning went without incident and you were soon back home.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 3:55 PM

Stephanie:

Had a rough night last night. I think just trapped gas, very painful. So much so that I couldn't sleep. I finally got up and took a swig of some cough medicine hoping the liquid would help alleviate the pain and help me get to sleep. And it did. It's still there this morning but at a tolerable level. I'm hoping to get on my sewing machine and get those panels sewn and play with my once block.

I printed out the instruction pdf files from the stencils that came with the message that they'd been shipped. Lots of ideas on how to use them for seam treatments. Can't wait to see them and practice.  

Hope everyone has a great day...

This happens to me sometimes and I will try the cough syrup next time.  Makes sense, really.  

I'll look at the pdfs when I get home.  Today was hopelessly busy and the AC went out, so we're all sweating to death here.

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 5:17 PM

Linny t:

the AC went out, so we're all sweating to death here.

ACK!!!! Florida in the summer w/o AC!!!! Are you going to stay in a motel until the AC is fixed? OMGosh you poor thing.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 5:25 PM

Linny t:
Today was hopelessly busy and the AC went out, so we're all sweating to death here.

You poor dear. Looking at the time I assume it was a/c at work? How miserable for you....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,610
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 25 2013 6:26 PM

Lillie:

Linny t:

the AC went out, so we're all sweating to death here.

ACK!!!! Florida in the summer w/o AC!!!! Are you going to stay in a motel until the AC is fixed? OMGosh you poor thing.

No, it's out at work.  I wish they'd let me work from home, but that would be so unlike them.  Hopefully they will have it fixed tomorrow.  It felt great to get home to my AC.  I even cranked it down a degree so I could feel cold for awhile, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Page 68 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev6667686970Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use