This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 9:24 PM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
Funny you're talking about albums.  Today we had the sale at Barb's and I came across a box full of 78's my mom had.  There inside were a couple of albums I had as a kid and also as a teenager.

How fun to think back like that and want to sing out loud. Probably a good thing you don't have a player. LOL. I could see a transfer from her house to yours. Just out of curiosity did they sell?

I'm so happy to hear the sale was a great success! Good for Barb to have the extra going into her new place.

Hope you two get rested up. I can only imagine the relief both of you must feel to have everything be over....  

Lol, yes, a good thing I don't have a player.  I don't need another hobby.  None of the records sold.  Barb's going to try online.  I woke up with a pretty good back ache.  I guess I over lifted.  Got a crick in my neck, too.  Took it pretty easy today.  I made some polymer clay beads, which was tons of fun.  I still have to sand and polish them...a TV project for sure.  I was going to take a pic, but can't find the charger thing for my camera and didn't feel like taking all the cords apart from behind the desk to see if it's back there.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 9:32 PM

Darlene, sounds like you had all positive things this past week.  Glad the market went so well.  Your free shopping spree sounds like fun, too.  Your idea about the weekly drawing for loyal customers sounds like a good way to get them to come back.  That's not only good for you, it's good for the other vendors, too.  Sorry 'bout your sunburn.  Look how far you've come since you quit your job.  How long ago was that?  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 9:36 PM

Diane, congrats on making it to church.  That can be a big hurdle and it's true, it doesn't matter how long you have been going.  It's sometimes easier to stay home.  

Congrats, too on finishing the top!  Now the borders and then binding, then done.  How nice of the man to be so encouraging so you wouldn't worry about being a perfectionist.  So nice is right!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975
Robin replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 5:20 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Day one of Culinary Camp is about to start.    I made it to Miami safely however, I got lost trying to find the dorm, found Target instead,  which is good since some of the people who I knew before I got here needed to go.   So last night I was buzzing around driving them here and there.   Hooray for me I can still drive!

Diane, Congrats on finishing the quilt and I'm glad you got to go to church yesterday.

Stephanie,  want to come for a visit I have and out house that needs you?  You do beautiful work!

Lillie,  Sorry I forgot to answer your question about ESD. It's Evening Star Design.   Linny posted a link.

Linny, I bet you were wore out yesterday.   

Darlene,   Glad the sell went well.

Jo,  I'll have to try your cheesecloth idea when I get home.    You can usually find cheesecloth in packages at fabric shops and in the fabric or hobby section of stores like Walmart and Hobby Lobby.

Have a great day.

Scripture from my devotion this morning:

The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear?  Ps27:1

I think He's trying to tell me something!

Remember Monday is My Day in French.

Robinq

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Diane:
-"Guido come to me so we cand play" and he came right away.  The do run around my apartment sometimes.

That is great, Diane, that they come when you call them.  When I first moved down here (and didn't have an outside cat), I had a wild rabbit that would come when I called it.  He liked peanuts and cereal.  I would go to the door and say "Come here bunny" and if he was withing hearing distance he/she would come running up on the deck where I had put the treats for him.  I never tried to touch him; I was just happy he came when I called him.  We don't see many rabbits any more since Sammy is outside a lot. I don't think he has killed any because I haven't seen any on my porch.  The rabbits just seem to know to stay away.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 7:23 AM

I started a new diet where you don't eat any processed foods or grains. I don't eat red meat or pork so I'll be eating a lot of chicken and fish. This will be a challenge for me because I LOVE BREAD!!!

Stephanie, the cabinets are beautiful. Can you come to my house and help me re-do the kitchen cabinets? I think I counted once and we have 60 cabinet doors (upper and lower) and 13 drawer fronts. In the upper cabinets the very top shelves have nothing on them. And some of the second highest shelves have nothing on them either. Who can reach that high? Even on a step stool I can't reach it. I always have to stand on the counter top.  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 7:24 AM

Darlene:

Lillie, finally chiming in to say that you did a wonderful job with the napkins.  Love the choice of fabrics and your miters are great.

I think Jo did the napkins and I agree they are wonderful.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 7:27 AM

Linny t:

Lillie:

What is ESD?

I didn't see if there was an answer, so just in case not, it's Evening Star Designs.  She caters to CQ.

Thanks Linny. I was thinking it was the computer software for Bernina's.  I'm glad it's for CQ. I'll go take a look maybe the sale is still on.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 7:28 AM

Robin, have a safe trip. Post when you can. We'll be praying for you.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 7:30 AM

YAY Diane. The quilt is almost finished!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 10:05 AM

Normajo---I think it's amazing that the wild rabbit would come to you.  They are normally so nervous--even in captivity.  What would we do in this world without these wonderful friends?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 10:22 AM

Darlene--it's great that you had a productive day at the market.  It's so fun to do that kind of work, meeting lots of people and making money too. lol

Linny--I thought you were busy yesterday too. It sounds like Barbara is progressing well and still getting rid of stuff.  I need to do some work in that area.  You are making some good memories.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640
Norma Doll replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 10:22 AM

Stephanie:
What's your latest project now that you have the napkins finished.

Well, Stephanie, I have started another "cat quilt".  This one is for us.  I have taken a picture of the center panel for you all to see because you can see it better b/4 it is in the large finished quilt. I just love this scene, it is different from the first two. I have two pieces sewn on the bottom and top, plus I put the red frame around it. I folded the top of it under so that you could see the center better.   I guess I like it because Sammy is a yellow cat.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 10:35 AM

Sharon B's stencils are ready for purchase. Hopefully you received an email about them if you signed up for notification when they became available.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jun 24 2013 10:36 AM

OMGosh Jo that is so cute. I love panels. They are just so versatile. 

northern colorado

Page 66 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev6465666768Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use