Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 1:23 PM

normajo1030:

I had to "look twice" to make sure I knew what day it was.  lol  

Oops. LOL. Guess I should have double checked myself. LOL

Love your napkins Jo. There's something about the red and white check that remind me of picnic's. Great job on the mitre's!

That's interesting about the pens. My old phone had a stylus that worked pretty well. I have an I phone too and am impressed at how much easier it is to type on. Npt that I do much of that, but it's nice to have the option.  

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,205
Diane replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 5:51 PM

I like the napkin Normajo.  It's so nice to use something you made yourself.

Stephanie--would you post a pic of your wood project?  I would love to see it.

I will soon start the boarder.  It's going to take some figuring.  It's so hard to do work for someone else.  Stephanie I guess you know about that.  I just hope is is happy with it.

I am hoping to get to church tomorrow.  Once I get there I love it.  For some reason it's hard to get there.  I am becoming convinced that Satan is having a hand in keeping me from going.  It's not like I'm too busy but something always happens.  Last week I was sitting in the lobby waiting for my ride and my stomach started killing me.  Other times I over sleep because I couldn't get to sleep the night before.  The list goes on.  Wish me luck!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 6:12 PM

Diane:
would you post a pic of your wood project?

I'd love to Diane. Thanks for asking. It's dark to get a good pic now, but I will tomorrow.

Diane:
For some reason it's hard to get there.  I am becoming convinced that Satan is having a hand in keeping me from going.  It's not like I'm too busy but something always happens.  Last week I was sitting in the lobby waiting for my ride and my stomach started killing me.  Other times I over sleep because I couldn't get to sleep the night before.  The list goes on.  Wish me luck!

I do wish you luck and will say a prayer as well. Do you have anxiety about getting out? I only ask because I do about so many things and sleeplessness and stomach problems seem to invade my total being during these times.

I want to give you some words of encouragement on your boarder and working for someone else. I know that you will be far more critical about this, and  on yourself than he will ever be. You are an amazing quilter, hand artisan, and he will be thrilled at the work you have done. And if he is a friend it will be all the more treasure for him. Don't stress over perfection, just focus on him and the work you're doing. Most of all when you give it to him be happy about being able to add to his dream of seeing this into fruition. You've played a major part. Be proud of yourself and the hours you've put into it.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 7:45 PM

It' s been pretty quiet online today. I found myself looking into the regular posts and came across an old one that Thea had posted about her Bird of Paradise quilt. It was just beautiful and made me realize I've been posting on here a couple years now. It was fun to look back for a moment.

It's been  a pretty productive planning day. I've had these open "boxes" that house old albums, yes albums from way back when we were young. I'd have tossed them all in a heart beat, shelve boxes, albums and all but Mike takes such pleasure in listening them on occasion. When I say boxes they were side parts to an old 70's wide screen. They're wood, 4 ft tall, deep, and have glass shelves. They have always bugged me to death because they're so deep that everything gets thrown into them and looks like a mess right in my face all the time because the tv's right there. Today I was going through some fabric bins and came across some tapestry panels that will make an easy fix to cover that. I'd bought them on sale years ago hoping to use them. They're just neutral colors and I've got them all cut out to sew tomorrow. After that I'll just velcro them on so they can be easily removed for those "sentimental" listening days.

It's funny how our minds work when company is coming. In speaking for myself I look at around at things and want change. Whether it be fresh paint, a few new pillows, bed coverings,  just something.

I have a decorative curtain rod that needs to be painted and hung as well and some really pretty custom drapery to replace the verticals across the living room windows. Verticals aren't convenient with so many dogs. Especially when they're behind the couch that they like to look out and see if "Daddy's coming".  The dogs are so exuberant they knock the slats out. The older I get life becomes more the concept of working smarter, not harder. LOL.

I must seem like I go on about this stuff, and I'm sorry if I do. It helps me to realize the things that are most important to me and to realize that there are solutions to every problem. Part of me wants a neat house that I feel like I can have people over and not be worried about dust, and a bigger part of me wants to have my family and pets never feel like they are an inconvenience because they provide me with so much extra work at a time when my energies are starting to wane. I never want my problems to be taken out on them.

On the lighter side of things I went over to see the neighbors chickens. They have grown like wildfire and there are some new additions. I guess it's taken too long for the little ones to grow up and lay eggs so they bought some adults to come in and get things started. They are all so beautiful and different in their colors.Once again I had to admire that the pen was absolutely spotless. Watching the little ones with them was priceless. They're so proud of their participation and hearing the praise.

Guess that's about it for my day. Mike's going to pick up the last trim strip I need for the drawer and has picked me up some primer for tomorrow for the ones I have finished. Everybody's winding down and some doggie snores are happening. Time to shut the lights down and turn the computer off.

Have a good night......  

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,235
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 8:10 PM

Jo, the napkin's cute and like Stephanie, the check reminds me of a picnic...good for the appetite.  Very well done, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,235
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 8:29 PM

Stephanie:
I must seem like I go on about this stuff, and I'm sorry if I do. It helps me to realize the things that are most important to me and to realize that there are solutions to every problem. Part of me wants a neat house that I feel like I can have people over and not be worried about dust, and a bigger part of me wants to have my family and pets never feel like they are an inconvenience because they provide me with so much extra work at a time when my energies are starting to wane. I never want my problems to be taken out on them.
 You don't go on about things any more than anyone else does, Stephanie.  We enjoy reading it.  It's insight into your life that makes it easy to know you.  There is a balance to be struck between a perfect home and a home full of life.  I think we learn this over the course of our lives.  I'm with you about my loved ones not feeling uncomfortable living here because of an obsession to total neatness
Stephanie:
I've had these open "boxes" that house old albums, yes albums from way back when we were young. I'd have tossed them all in a heart beat, shelve boxes, albums and all but Mike takes such pleasure in listening them on occasion. When I say boxes they were side parts to an old 70's wide screen. They're wood, 4 ft tall, deep, and have glass shelves. They have always bugged me to death because they're so deep that everything gets thrown into them and looks like a mess right in my face all the time because the tv's right there. Today I was going through some fabric bins and came across some tapestry panels that will make an easy fix to cover that. I'd bought them on sale years ago hoping to use them. They're just neutral colors and I've got them all cut out to sew tomorrow. After that I'll just velcro them on so they can be easily removed for those "sentimental" listening days.

You'll have to show us a pic of this when you're done.  It sounds like a perfect solution.  Funny you're talking about albums.  Today we had the sale at Barb's and I came across a box full of 78's my mom had.  There inside were a couple of albums I had as a kid and also as a teenager.  I had no idea she saved them.  Brought back a lot of memories.  I'd have taken them if I had anything to play them on.  Talk about sentimental listening.  The one I remembered the most was West Side Story.  Oh, how I remember as a kid singing along with that when everyone else was out of the house, pretending I was in the play.  Golly, I must have been 10 or 11..made me want to sing out right there at Barb's, lol.    

I've been going all day.  The sale was a great success and there's not much left to take to Goodwill.  Barb's really relieved it's over and so am I.  We were both completely wiped out.  After we went out for some supper and then she came back to my house to wait out a storm that was blowing through before driving home.  We both struggled to stay awake, lol.  After she left, I did take a nap.    

Sounds like everyone had a good Saturday.  I had to look when I read about the Sunday thing, too, lol.  For just a second I wondered if I had slept longer than I though.

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 349
Points 9,480

Thanks for the compliments on the napkins.  I think red and brown look good together.  I bought some blue and white check also, so when I have nothing else to do, I will make that into napkins too.

Stephanie, your talking about dusting the house......I hate to dust because it seems to come right back.  I happened to remember the other day, that my mother always covered the heat registers with cheese cloth (we had a coal furnace); so I covered our registers with cheese cloth and you wouldn't believe how it has cut down on the dust on things.  I also used my sweeper attachment to clean down in the heat/air pipes as far as I could reach.  I just wrapped the cheese cloth around the covers and scotch taped it underneath.  Now I have to remember to get some more cheese cloth and where I bought it.

Sammy wanted out at 3:30 this morning; so I just stayed up to catch up on emails, facebook and get showered and my hair done for church. I had a nap yesterday, so I was wide awake. It seems like it is always hard to get up when I "have to" and when I don't have to be somewhere, I can hop out of bed with no problem.

I hope you all have a sunny Sunday!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,052
Points 65,830
Robin replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 4:43 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Sunday to everyone.  

Sounds like everyone had a busy and productive Saturday.   I'm always amazed at the things we get accomplished in this group.

I'm up and packed.  Planning on pulling out around 6:00 to try and get ahead of traffic on the road.   I'm not as anxious as I was about the whole thing.  Me and the man up stairs had a little talk and I've been reminded He is in total control.   I'm sure that satan will challenge my thinking but I'm going to try my best to focus on the positives.  I going to learn as much as I can so I can be a better teacher.    That's what truly important.

Decided to take my Ipad (school's) so I can keep up with all you.   Don't want to miss nothing.

I won't get my squishy package when I come home because it came yesterday.   It was so exciting.  I need to stay home and play some.   Don't worry I've got projects packed.

Jo,  love the napkins!

Stephanie,   I think smarter not harder is a great idea.  

Linny,  Congratulations on the sale being done and having done well.

Diane,  I have a hard time going to church on Sunday too.   My problem is I have to go alone.  The girls don't like going to the service I go to.  It's at 8:30 and Donn doesn't go so I'm always alone.  But the reality is I'm really not alone and I need to focus on the blessing I receive over all the excuses I can come up with.   Hope this helps you some.  I hope you make it !  But if you don't remember God will meet you were you are.  

Have a terrific day everyone.  

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 6:57 AM

What is ESD?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 7:09 AM

My DH has almost all of his albums from his younger days. We keep them under the stairs in the basement. They are dry and cool and not warped. We upgraded his turntable and cartridge last year. What a difference in the sound. We have a home theater in the basement. Though, we don't use it as much as we used to. I think that is partly because I do so much hand work in the evenings while we're watching TV. Well, I'm listening to TV cuz my head is always bent down looking an what I sewing. lol  So, to watch a movie we have to turn off all the lights and then I can't see to sew anything. And then there is the fact that we haven't watched a really good movie in a while. We've had Cloud Atlas for over two weeks and it's still in the Netflix wrapper.  lol

Have a beautiful Sunday ya'll

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 9:54 AM

Linny t:
Funny you're talking about albums.  Today we had the sale at Barb's and I came across a box full of 78's my mom had.  There inside were a couple of albums I had as a kid and also as a teenager.

How fun to think back like that and want to sing out loud. Probably a good thing you don't have a player. LOL. I could see a transfer from her house to yours. Just out of curiosity did they sell?

I'm so happy to hear the sale was a great success! Good for Barb to have the extra going into her new place.

Hope you two get rested up. I can only imagine the relief both of you must feel to have everything be over....  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 9:58 AM

normajo1030:
so I covered our registers with cheese cloth and you wouldn't believe how it has cut down on the dust on things.  I also used my sweeper attachment to clean down in the heat/air pipes as far as I could reach.  I just wrapped the cheese cloth around the covers and scotch taped it underneath.  Now I have to remember to get some more cheese cloth and where I bought it.

What a great idea Jo. I'm going to have to try that.

normajo1030:

Sammy wanted out at 3:30 this morning; so I just stayed up to catch up on emails, facebook and get showered and my hair done for church. I had a nap yesterday, so I was wide awake. It seems like it is always hard to get up when I "have to" and when I don't have to be somewhere, I can hop out of bed with no problem.

I'm the same way. LOL. We're on the cusp of a full moon and that always seems to make my sleep schedule crazy too. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 9:59 AM

Robin:
Planning on pulling out around 6:00 to try and get ahead of traffic on the road.   I'm not as anxious as I was about the whole thing.  Me and the man up stairs had a little talk and I've been reminded He is in total control.   I'm sure that satan will challenge my thinking but I'm going to try my best to focus on the positives.  I going to learn as much as I can so I can be a better teacher.    That's what truly important.

Atta girl Robin. Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip.

ESD got that package to you fast! What did you order?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 10:01 AM

Lillie:

My DH has almost all of his albums from his younger days. We keep them under the stairs in the basement. They are dry and cool and not warped. We upgraded his turntable and cartridge last year. What a difference in the sound. We have a home theater in the basement. Though, we don't use it as much as we used to. I think that is partly because I do so much hand work in the evenings while we're watching TV. Well, I'm listening to TV cuz my head is always bent down looking an what I sewing. lol  So, to watch a movie we have to turn off all the lights and then I can't see to sew anything. And then there is the fact that we haven't watched a really good movie in a while. We've had Cloud Atlas for over two weeks and it's still in the Netflix wrapper.  lol

Have a beautiful Sunday ya'll

Your basement sounds like a great place to be! And what a perfect sewing space.....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 11:36 AM

Diane:
Stephanie--would you post a pic of your wood project?

Had some patching and priming to do to give you a better idea of what the finish will look like. I realized too that I never posted a finish pic of the dining room cabinets. I wanted to stage them out so they looked like they were complete. Anyway, the first shot is the drawer changes. The brown one on the left was part of the oroginal plan. But see the gap at the top? Just wasn't happy with that. The drawer on the right I've added the trim to and closed that gap. I think they'll look more finished now. I also plugged the holes for the knobs. I think handles look better. Do, redo. LOL

And the dining room:

Page 64 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev6263646566Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use