rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 5:25 AM

Robin,

Sounds like you are making progress in your spring cleaning. WTG. I think keeping track of your hours for comp time is a great idea. Maybe it'll raise an awareness to your superiors and you too how much time you put into your work. And who couldn't use a little extra cash?

Lillie,

Your blocks are beautiful. Love those fabrics, and your doing a wonderful job with the curves. They're not easy.   Nice that the block came too. What did it end up taking as far as time for shipping? That's a bummer about your kit. Surprising it took this long to find out it was sold. I did the download pattern of the little bluebirds a while back and was thinking of scan printing the pattern onto the printable fabric. I'm not sure how this stuff will be to needle through. Did you see TB's email where she did a sample of using sewing thread on the minatures? It was really pretty.

Diane,

Hope you enjoyed your time out on quilting yesterday

All,

Hope you have a lovely day today.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,995
Points 64,470
Robin replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 5:31 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope your day is off to a terrific start.   I'm up early in the pretense of getting back on schedule so next week won't be so hard. Already realizing there are somethings I didn't do yesterday that is going to put a hick up in my day.  Oh Well it would be life without hick ups.

Hooray I conquer the weed patch yesterday and I don't have to that today!  Today is fun day.   Donn and I are going to Trenton, Fl to a quilt shop. I need to find fabrics for my nieces Christmas Quilt.  She graduated this year along with Keeley so she will get a quilt at Christmas.  Her mom said blues, teals and browns.  I also did a little retail therapy at Evening Star Design.  So I'll have a squishy package waiting for me when I get home.

Next week is Culinary training which I have affectionately named Culinary Camp.   I'm not looking forward to the long drive by myself but a person has to do what they have to do.   After Culinary Camp the family and I are going to meet in Fort Myers for a mini vacation.  We're going to tour Edison's home and then drive up to Tampa and do Busch Gardens.   So I won't have a long drive home by myself.   That will be fun.   And I'm sure Culinary Camp will be too, once I get over a big case of nerves. 

Lillie,   Your blocks are beautiful.   I love the way the colors are working together.

Diane,  It's good to give yourself a break from things it allows you to see them in a new light.

Everyone have a wonderful Friday.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 9:27 AM

Stephanie:

Nice that the block came too. What did it end up taking as far as time for shipping? That's a bummer about your kit. Surprising it took this long to find out it was sold. I did the download pattern of the little bluebirds a while back and was thinking of scan printing the pattern onto the printable fabric. I'm not sure how this stuff will be to needle through. Did you see TB's email where she did a sample of using sewing thread on the miniatures? It was really pretty.

I did see TB's thread enhancement on her last email. IDK Y it took so long to find out that the kit had been sold. I ordered a different kit and it was $5 less expensive. It all worked out. If I get notification that it has been sold as well, I won't order anything else from her. Her items come from So Africa, so I expect it will take 2-3 weeks to get here. I think one of her emails said she will be on holiday for a week or so. That will probably put the kit here in a month. Which is fine, as I have some things I'd like to finish before I tackle her kit.

The whispers block came from Australia and took right at 2 weeks to get here. When I sent mine to the Netherlands, it took about 10 days. When my husband saw the block from Australia he thought it was really nice. It's very artistic, not traditional in any sense of the word. He wanted me to make it identical to what I received. How boring!  lol  But now that I think about it, if I use different fabric and colors, I would do the same thing. She wants to make a panel for her foyer with all the blocks.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 11:25 AM

Stephanie:
I did the download pattern of the little bluebirds a while back and was thinking of scan printing the pattern onto the printable fabric. I'm not sure how this stuff will be to needle through.
 Do a test first is my advice, Stephanie.  I did a piece on the printer like this and it smeared all over the place just by handling it.  I'm not sure if it was my chemistry because I've done photos before and it hasn't done that.  I did heat set it.  Luckily for me the pattern was 100% covered with stitches and beads and the thread I used was metallic.  The weave was really tight, but I needed that to support the beads.  It wasn't bad to needle through using a straw needle.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 11:29 AM

Lillie:
The whispers block came from Australia and took right at 2 weeks to get here. When I sent mine to the Netherlands, it took about 10 days. When my husband saw the block from Australia he thought it was really nice. It's very artistic, not traditional in any sense of the word. He wanted me to make it identical to what I received. How boring!  lol  But now that I think about it, if I use different fabric and colors, I would do the same thing. She wants to make a panel for her foyer with all the blocks.
 I understand why you haven't posted a pic yet, but every time you talk about it I wish I could see it.  Sounds pretty.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,575
Linny t replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 11:35 AM

Robin:
So I'll have a squishy package waiting for me when I get home.
 That's nice to have to look forward to, isn't it?

Robin:
Next week is Culinary training which I have affectionately named Culinary Camp.   I'm not looking forward to the long drive by myself but a person has to do what they have to do.   After Culinary Camp the family and I are going to meet in Fort Myers for a mini vacation.  We're going to tour Edison's home and then drive up to Tampa and do Busch Gardens.   So I won't have a long drive home by myself.   That will be fun.   And I'm sure Culinary Camp will be too, once I get over a big case of nerves. 
 How fun to do the little family vaca, ending at Busch Gardens.  The first thing I think of when I hear Busch Gardens is the flume ride and getting cooled off.  Hope you have a lot of fun.  I've never been to the Edison museum.  I bet that'll be cool, too.  He was an amazing person.  Don't worry about Culinary.  You'll do fine, I'm sure.  What a great adventure you have ahead of you!

I almost ordered from ESD and today I see a newsletter that they are having a stock reduction sale, so I'll check on that next.  I haven't had a squishy package in a long time....I think I need one....yup, I do!

Hope you have a wonderful Friday, too.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 5:47 PM

Robin,

Sounds like fun. Did you find fabrics? Congrat's on your squishy. Love ESD.

I'd be on pins and needles driving too. Of course that's because I'm directionally challenged. I'd have to leave a day early for a trip like that. LOL. It's nice that you can focus on the after Camp trip. Maybe that'll help the anxiety. Hope you have a safe trip and a great time. 

Congrat's on getting the weeding done. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 5:49 PM

Lillie:
But now that I think about it, if I use different fabric and colors, I would do the same thing. She wants to make a panel for her foyer with all the blocks.

Maybe you can show us yours when you make it?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 5:51 PM

Linny t:
I did a piece on the printer like this and it smeared all over the place just by handling it.  I'm not sure if it was my chemistry because I've done photos before and it hasn't done that.  I did heat set it.  Luckily for me the pattern was 100% covered with stitches and beads and the thread I used was metallic.  The weave was really tight, but I needed that to support the beads.  It wasn't bad to needle through using a straw needle.

Thanks for the info! I think I will give it a try. In her kits she says she uses 200 thread count cotton. I know the printer fabric isn't that high a count by like you said it is a tight weave. I may give it a shot.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 5:53 PM

Linny t:

I almost ordered from ESD and today I see a newsletter that they are having a stock reduction sale, so I'll check on that next.  I haven't had a squishy package in a long time....I think I need one....yup, I do!

You go girlfriend. I'm going over there now myself. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Fri, Jun 21 2013 6:05 PM

I've had a productive day myself. I decided to frame out all my first cabinet project drawers with decorative trim. I got six out of seven finished before I ran out of trim. I've decided after I'm going to paint the whole shebang an off white instead of the two colors. I had some of them loaded with my button stash. It was like Christmas seeing them again. I was going to paint this afternoon but it's been raining so I can't spray outside. Hot as it's been it's probably better to do that real early anyway.  

We're getting ready for company next weekend. That'll be fun. Hard to believe I haven't seen them for a year already, and yet it seems the year is going by so fast I can hardly believe it.

I'm having girls night in tonight. Mike's babysitting and I can watch chick flicks all night long. LOL. The only downside is I got up real early and feel like I need a nap. LOL. If I have one I'll most likely be  back up at 2. I guess that'd be ok. It is the weekend.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening....Happy Friday

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,995
Points 64,470
Robin replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 9:05 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I've been up for a while trying to wrap my head around all the things that I have to get done today.  We didn't get to Trenton yesterday and We thought we would go today but I don't think that's going to happen.  I need to just postpone that until I get back from Miami.  I don't want to rush picking out those fabrics.  I'm picky about my nieces and nephews quilts.   So today is primarily going to be a little bit of yard work, laundry, and packing.    I did get my bed scrubbed from top to bottom yesterday. 

Stephanie,   A girls night sounds like fun and I love the idea of trimming out your cabinets you have such amazing skills.  I wish I knew how to run all of those power tools and such.  

Linny,  Glad to see I'm inspiring some of the rest of you to spend your cash on a squishy package it will be fun to compare.

Diane,  Wow Congrats on getting to the border.  You'll be done before you know it. 

Lillie,  Sounds like you have a lot going on in your house.   I hope you get a chance to post pictures soon.

I need to warn you all I maybe posting from my iphone for the next week so if my messages seem screwy it's probably a case of fingers bigger than keys. 

Have a great day!

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:05 AM

Robin,

So sweet to read that you don't want to rush picking out fabrics for your nieces quilt. I think that's really special to have such consideration in wanting everything to be special that way. Having a little trouble wrapping my head into what to do first today as well. 

Thank you for the compliments. I really enjoyed doing that yesterday and it made such a difference. I'm back to excited about painting them now to see how they look and be able to fill them up. They just looked like they were missing something with that little gap at the top of the drawers.   Hopefully they'll have that trim piece in stock when I go. 

Robin:
Glad to see I'm inspiring some of the rest of you to spend your cash on a squishy package it will be fun to compare.

Oh my goodness. I had too much fun on this sale. LOL. Fabric packs and threads. It will be fun to compare.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:26 AM

Good morning from here too.

I thought for sure I'd be dozing off at around seven last night. After reading the posts and doing a little stash shopping at ESD, I went in and got my "Once block" and ended up putting four hours into sewing some beads on. I'm so uncoordinated doing these teeny beads (and didn't have the best light), but I enjoyed every minute of it. I can't believe how heavy these blocks can get with embellishments added. Makes me wonder how much a beaded evening gown weighs.  

Had a repairman come and fix our fridge yesterday. He was about Pauls age and such a nice guy. I gave him a plush towel to kneel on and he made a comment about how thoughtful it was and how hard doing this has been on his knees. I told him I understand and that I paint for a living. We had a nice chat while he reapired the fridge. I had put all the dogs away but Stetson and boy was he showing off. LOL.  The guy sweet talked him and he did a happy two legged spin jump dance for him. What a character!  

Hope you are all well and enjoying your Sunday....

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150
Norma Doll replied on Sat, Jun 22 2013 12:53 PM

Stephanie:
Hope you are all well and enjoying your Sunday.

I had to "look twice" to make sure I knew what day it was.  lol  

I just finished cutting George's hair.  I am surprised that George doesn't complain about the fabric I buy, etc.; then I think of the money I save him by cutting his hair; plus he pays for golf and I don't complain about that. 

Robin.....You mentioned typing on your phone and trouble with the small keys....I just got two pens in the mail that I ordered from Pulse TV (on line) to use for typing on phones and other things.  I think they will really help ( once I get used to using them) lol

I finally have the picture of the cloth napkins that I made.    George and I have been using them every day.  I had his cousin and his wife here for dinner last night and they said they didn't feel right using them.  They didn't want to get them dirty.  They wash up real nice. I try to "go green" when I can.   Here is the best looking one.

• Post Points: 50
Page 63 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev6162636465Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use