rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,461
Points 137,928
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 6:34 PM

Lillie,

Your evening with nature, chatting with sis, sewing and the hummingbird sound divine. And your carpet sounds really pretty. Did you start the class? 

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,461
Points 137,928
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 6:36 PM

Diane:

This man who owns the quilt has been sooo patient!  I'm working on it today---the broad cloth in this quilt is killing my fingers! :o(

It is nice that he's been patient. This fabric sounds just awful to hand quilt thru. I don't envy you one bit there....Are you going to follow the swirls for stitching in the border?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,051
Points 41,080
Diane replied on Wed, Jun 19 2013 8:15 PM

The swirls are pretty small.  I have quilted triangles and X's all the way through.  I probably will quilt X's on the boarder.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,461
Points 137,928
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 3:46 AM

Don't know why I had in my mind big swirls. X's and triangles sound cool, and a nice way to balance out the "craziness" of it. Looking forward to seeing it again after you finish it. I can only imagine what a great difference it's going to make with your hand quilting.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,973
Points 63,960
Robin replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 6:17 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I am up an at it so I can get some stuff done today. 

I finally attacked my closet and my room is much better for it.   My next stop is the base boards and such.  We have hard wood floors and area rugs so in the summer time I try to give each room a good cleaning and gather all of the dust bunnies and their babies up.   And I still have a small patch of weeds to pull out of the grass patch I'm working on.  Then there are two conference calls my supervisor ask me to do so he wouldn't have too, which is understandable since he's been at a training all week and he is unfamiliar with the details of what I teach.   I've decided for fun I would turn in all of my hours from the things I do this summer for comp time.  Just to show my principal.

The trainer did show up about an half hour to an hour later.  Unfortunately this was like college were you can leave after 15 minutes.  It was a training I had to have and there was no other day to do it.   But it was bad we just had to look through the new stuff and tell her what we thought.   We were done it about two hours.  They all were sitting there talking but when I found out we were done, I left.   I stopped by a Dollar Tree on the way home and scored the last of the glasses I needed for culinary.

Lillie,  Carpet sounds nice.  We had some when we moved into our house but as we remodeled and found out we had hard wood floors underneath and the carpet was in such bad shape we just went with it.   The floors really need refinishing but getting it done and living in the house at the same time seems very impractical.   But when I win the lottery it's at the top of the list.

Stephanie,  moving one's stash is a lot of work but think of the fun of reorganizing it.  

Diane,  Bless your poor fingers.  I can't imagine the trouble your having.  I've only ever hand quilted two quilts and it took me forever.   I hope the border goes smoother.

By the way everyone I woke up to an email from Evening Star Designs.  They have 20% off on their silk ribbon thought I would share the info.

Have a terrific day everyone.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 6:27 AM

Yes, I did start my class. Cut and sewed the first block (no embellishments yet). Cut the fabric for the second block. This one is all curved seams, no straight lines. The third block is done with the freezer paper method. That should be interesting. I'll post pics once I get the curved block sewn up.

I FINALLY received the whisper rr block from Australia. It's very interesting and quite artistic. It's a modern spin on CQ. I'm not sure if any of the participants are on this web site, so I can't post a picture until she has received all of her blocks. I don't want to spoil it for anyone. I already know what I'm going to do for my block. My LQS is having a 20% off sale this Sat. I'll bring the block with me and find some FQs that match the colors in the original. My fabric is all put away and will be difficult to search for just the right colors.

Have a wonderful Thurs everyone.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 6:35 AM

Robin:

We have hard wood floors and area rugs so in the summer time I try to give each room a good cleaning and gather all of the dust bunnies and their babies up.   

We have hardwood floors in the kitchen, foyer, hallway, and 1/2 bath on the main level. I usually wash the floors once a month and while I'm on my hands and knees doing that chore, I wash the baseboards as well.  Originally I wanted to rip out all the carpet on the main level and my sewing studio and replace it with hardwood floors. That was until I saw the price. Even going through Direct Buy, it was VERY expensive. When I win the lottery, it will be first on my list.  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,051
Points 41,080
Diane replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 10:46 AM

The work quilt is looking good. He wanted something more masculine so I decided to follow the shapes which are triangles and squares.  My own quilt has flowers on it and I am using 2 stencils of the same flower and different sizes.  It looks pretty.

I have put my name in to order Sharon B's stencils when they come in.  Anyone else getting them?

Robin--you sound so busy getting all of your house projects done.  I think the comp time idea is great!

Lillie--I would love to see pics of your class quilt if it's not too much trouble.  So cool that you are taking the class!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 12:45 PM

Here are two of the blocks I've made from Allie Aller's class on Craftsy. I have not started the freezer paper block yet. The one on the left is the straight line piecing. The right one is the curved piecing. I only had a problem with two of the curved pieces. Not bad for never having done curves before!  I love this fabric from Moda. It reminds me a bit of French General. I decided I would embellish these first two blocks then move on to the freezer paper block. Maybe I'll start the embellishments tonight. But, then again, maybe not. I have 5 more Christmas blocks to make for our Christmas block exchange. And those have a lot of hand work in them.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,150
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 5:18 PM

Lillie, your blocks are so pretty.  I love the curves and the fabrics.  I can't wait to see all you do with these new skills.  Allie is such a talented lady.  How cool that she's doing tutorials.  I posted in Media, too.    

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,150
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 5:22 PM

Diane, I am on the list for Sharon B's stencils, too, and thanks for reminding me.  I need to go look if she sent me an email yet.  She said about 2 or 3 weeks.  Seems like it's been that already.  

Sounds like the more masculine triangles and squares will be good for that busy quilt.  I hope you post a pic of your quilt.  I did one once with flower shapes.  It's a bit of work, but it looks so good.  How are your hands holding up?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,150
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 5:35 PM

Lillie:
I already know what I'm going to do for my block. My LQS is having a 20% off sale this Sat. I'll bring the block with me and find some FQs that match the colors in the original. My fabric is all put away and will be difficult to search for just the right colors.
 This sounds like great fun, Lillie!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,051
Points 41,080
Diane replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:05 PM

I took a break on the quilting today.  I will resume tomorrow.  Then I'll start the boarder!  Finally!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:46 PM

Linny t:

Diane, I am on the list for Sharon B's stencils, too, and thanks for reminding me.  I need to go look if she sent me an email yet.  She said about 2 or 3 weeks.  Seems like it's been that already.  

Sounds like the more masculine triangles and squares will be good for that busy quilt.  I hope you post a pic of your quilt.  I did one once with flower shapes.  It's a bit of work, but it looks so good.  How are your hands holding up?

I'm on the list for her stencils as well. Thanks for posting a reminder. I had completely forgotten about them.

Oh the kit I ordered from Trish Burr was cancelled. boo hoo. Guess she only had one in her stash and that was gone by the time I ordered mine. I order a different one. Said there were 8 in stock. Hope I get this one.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jun 20 2013 8:46 PM

Diane:

I took a break on the quilting today.  I will resume tomorrow.  Then I'll start the boarder!  Finally!

YAY Diane. Everyone needs a break now and then. And it's good for your hands not to do so much at one time.

northern colorado

Page 62 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev6061626364Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use