My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 4:40 PM

Diane:

Here is a pic of me and my Dad at my wedding in 1982.  He was a great family man.  He taught high school for 20 years before he became a vice principal at Bowie High School.

OMGosh Diane!!!  What a fantastic picture. Look at your beaming face! The hat and dress ruffles, and the glasses with the really large lens. I love it!  Thanks for sharing it with us.  I sometimes wish they would make those large lens frames again. There was so much "seeing" area. Not like the really small frames they have today.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150

Diane:
Here is a pic of me and my Dad

That is a beautiful picture, Diane! I love it.     

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:04 PM

Love your picture of you and your Dad Diane. You look so happy.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,994
Points 64,465
Robin replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 6:59 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that your day is going terrific.

I'm up and dressed but not feeling the perkiest, however the weeds are calling so I will go just as soon as I do this post.

Hopefully today will be productive

weeds until it's to hot to weed

then inside for a lovely game of guess what's coming out of my closet, I've been going to clean it out for a week now maybe today will be the day.

Diane---- Lovely picture of you and your dad, I'm sure that yesterday was hard when you don't have that special man around anymore.

Stephanie and Linny--- I totally understand being busy,  I hope that you both get some quiet time soon.

Lillie--- Glad the wild fires are far away from you.  To you plan to travel anymore this summer?

Have a great day. 

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:10 AM

Hello Ladies,

Beautiful day outside already. Temps in the low 50s...YAY! Expecting mid to hi 80's and NO WIND!! Double YAY.

We are not traveling anywhere else this year. Putting in new carpet. So that's taking the rest of our $$$.  I'm hoping to get started on my Allie Aller CQ today. Cleaned up my sewing room from the last project. The last project is a border class from my LQS. Not really something I was interested in taking, but signed up for a friend so there would be enough people to make the class happen. The borders are pretty traditional and I'm having a hard time envisioning them as whimsical, which is the theme for my center block. I could piddle a bit more with it and them be done. It's all that figuring to make the right size blocks for the borders.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,560
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:10 AM

Diane, love the pic of you & your dad.  Just look at the radiance in your smile.  Such a pretty bride!  I bet your dad was very proud that day.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,560
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:13 AM

Lillie:
The fires are pretty far away from us. We just get occasional smoke depending on which way the wind blows. Actually heard that the weather the past few days have been very good for the firefighters. Had two big rain storms over the fire areas, higher humidity, and very low winds. And containment is on the way, if not there already.
 Well, thank God for this!

Have fun with Allie and your new speakers...

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,121
Points 110,560
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:20 AM

Robin, you're the only person I know who sounds so perky , even when you admit you're not feeling the perkiest.  I like the way you made closet cleaning into a fun game, lol.  Hope you have a great day, too.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,063
Points 41,350
Diane replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 4:11 PM

Thank you all for the kind comments about my pic with my Dad.  I recently pulled it out to put it in a frame.  My Dad helped me so much as a late teen encouraging me when I started nursing school.  He provided so much guidance.  Now that he is in the spirit would, I miss him so much.  He died at age 68 about 20 years ago from prostate cancer.  He accepted his fate so bravely.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 4:58 PM

Diane,

I think it's a wonderful tribute to your Dad to post this. He was quite a handsome fellow as well. There was so much character in his generation. He sounds like a wonderful father.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 5:04 PM

Robin:
then inside for a lovely game of guess what's coming out of my closet, I've been going to clean it out for a week now maybe today will be the day.

I had to chuckle at this. I spent today pulling out refridgerators throwing stuff out and cleaning in and under. The stove drawer came out too and even the dryer got it's biannual duct cleaning. Oh what fun! Feel like I need to scrub myself off now.LOL

Hope your weeding went well. It's getting really hot out there now and I don't envy you. And the closet too.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 5:08 PM

Lillie,

That's great news about your weather. Won't new carpet be wonderful!

Sounds like with cleaning your sewing room that we are all in a bit of a regroup and clean mode. That'll be awesome to start off in a clean space. I love whimsical and hope your muse comes up with the perfect border.

Were you able to get started with Allie's class?  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jun 17 2013 5:41 PM

Stephanie:

Lillie,

That's great news about your weather. Won't new carpet be wonderful!

Sounds like with cleaning your sewing room that we are all in a bit of a regroup and clean mode. That'll be awesome to start off in a clean space. I love whimsical and hope your muse comes up with the perfect border.

Were you able to get started with Allie's class?  

No I wasn't able to start on Allie's class today. I needed to finish the borders class that I signed up for with a friend. I could not put another border on the whimsical project,. So I made a center block out of some multi-color batik, put on the flying geese, and the HSTs as cornerstones. As far as I'm concerned it's done!  lol  As I was cutting up fabric for the other batik block I was thinking to myself what a waste of fabric because I will never use this block for anything. I did have a ton of this batik as I used it for a batik fabric swap on this web site. The geese and HSTs used up fabric I didn't want to use. All of my fabric is either up on the top shelf in my sewing closet or down in the basement in plastic garbage bags as we get ready for the new carpet.

While I was moving my fabric around I did manage to purge some of it and some projects that I know I will never put together. 

It's 83 outside right now and with barely the slightest breeze. I really want to go and sit out on the deck and enjoy nature.

Diane-What a lovely thought for you to post that picture of you and your Dad on your wedding day. Both of my parents have been gone for almost 40 years. I think of them all the time and I miss them very much.

Have a wonderful evening everyone.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 9:16 AM

Lillie:
The geese and HSTs used up fabric I didn't want to use.

I hate when that happens, especially when you end up finding a perfect pattern down the road that it could have been used for. Sounds like you are going to town getting ready for the carpet. Lots of work hauling all the fabric around. Among other things...Kind of nice to have been able to purge stuff and have the space..

Hope you enjoyed your evening with nature....

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,994
Points 64,465
Robin replied on Tue, Jun 18 2013 10:58 AM

Good Afternoon Everyone, 

I'm sitting in a training without a trainer.  She's late.  Waiting for her to show up. Right now there just two of us. Oh well I'm doing what I have to do.

Yesterday was a bust I was just sick I guess. I feel much better today.  So there are still weeds and there was and my closet is still packed. But tomorrow is another day.  

Lillie, It's great to get new carpet. Sorry you have to move so much.  

Hope everyone has a productive day.     Mine does not appear to be that promising.  

Robin

Page 60 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev5859606162Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use