My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:27 PM

I don't think you're crazy at all.  Tito to you is like my dogs to me.  I love them and sometimes they need attitude adjustments, but once that's happened we go on.  You have to maintain that "Alpha" status with them...I'm the boss...not them, lol.  Tito is like your little baby and he didn't like it when things changed, so he got out of hand.  You'll get him back on track.  I think it's really interesting when you tell about your little 10th floor wild kingdom.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Diane:
I guess some of you think I'm crazy!!!

I do not think you are crazy at all. Diane.  I think we are all animal lovers. I have never known anyone who has had iguanas, so I am very interested in them.  I am glad I have "met" you.  I had a thing come on my facebook the other day about a man that found a crocodile where he lived in the jungle that had been shot in one eye and left for dead....he took him home and nursed him back to health, even slept with him.  He got healthy and big and he decided to take him to a lake and put him in. He did and when the man started walking away the crocodile followed him back home.  It had pictures with him kissing, laying on his back, etc.  I think it just goes to show that any kind of animal appreciates kindness.  It didn't say how big it was when he found it, but I imagine he was pretty young.  

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 6:32 PM

Diane:

So sorry to hear about the devastating fires in Colorado Lillie.  It's scary.  We had a tornado here yesterday.  It missed us but was about 10 miles away.  Scary.

ACK Diane! A tornado. YIKES. I used to live in Shreveport, LA many. many years ago. Whenever we'd have a tornado watch/warning I'd go into the closest and hide under a bunch of blankets. My son would come in there with me and we'd hide together. My, then, husband would come in and open the door and laugh at us and try to make us feel bad. We'd stay there until we heard the all clear. I am terrified of horses and tornadoes.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Fri, Jun 14 2013 9:11 PM

Thank you for understanding my love for all animals.  I told Tito that I wanted him to go into his habitat when it got dark tonight.  When I went to get him, he was hiding!!!  I think he understands what I say---no joke.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 9:53 AM

Diane, I'm pretty sure your Tito understands you, lol.

Good morning, everyone.  Just popped in to wish you all a great Saturday.  I'm off to help my Barbie with her old house again.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 2:45 PM

Back at ya Linny!

Enjoyed catching up on the posts.

Robin, That potting shed idea sounds so cute. Wish I had one too.

Lillie,

Sorry to hear that the fires are starting up again. Bad time of year for you.

Jo,

Fun story about the man with the gator.

Diane,

If you're crazy, so are the rest of us. Crazy for our pets. I don't doubt one bit that Tito understands you. I do wish he'd come around and be closer to what Bubba was for you.....

I too hope you are all having a great Saturday.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 6:36 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you are up and facing a bright and cheerful Sunday Morning.

I'm sorry about being mia the last few days nothing happening just trying to get outside to the weeds before the sun gets up to high.   I know you guys think I either have the largest yard in America or the most weeds.   Well, the most weeds in a small area might be the most accurate.   But I've got about one more morning work and I'll have the worst of it done.   Then I'll just need to walk it regularly to keep up with any offspring. 

I've also been helping a friend who lost her mom this week.   Mainly just sitting at the house yesterday during the viewing.  Then today will have the funeral so I'll take some time out to go to that.  The lady was a much loved Madison citizen so I'm sure the church will be packed.   Then there is church the morning so today will be working on some hand work and these two events. 

Diane,  I don't think your any crazier than anyone who loves their animal.   And remember I live with a dog who is pretty sure she is a human being.  She has to be carried up right like a baby.

Linny,  I hope that your day with Barb was productive.

Stephanie,  Sorry you are not getting to let your artistic skills fly.  But I'm sure you are glad to get to focus them on something else.   How's your Purse coming?

Lillie,  Hope your home is safe from the wild fires.   Be safe.

I hope that you all have a sweet and precious day.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 7:16 AM

Robin,

I know, especially down here with the rains how quickly weeds can get out of control. I walked by an old english rose I have and it was just loaded with them from the week we had the heavy rains. This time of year I find it really hard to be out unless it's the early morning or late evening. The temp changes from heat a humidity to cold a/c give me the worst headaches. Like when you eat ice cream too fast, but they linger for hours.

So sorry to hear the passing of your friends mom. You are a devoted friend to spend the time with her and help. God Bless you for that.

Robin:
Sorry you are not getting to let your artistic skills fly.  But I'm sure you are glad to get to focus them on something else.   How's your Purse coming?

My purse isn't coming at all right now. I put everything away so I could take my fold up table to finish the woodgrain on Paul's garage and haven't set it back up. I don't think I mentioned we're dogsitting again. 8 weeks. Outside of work it has taken a lot of my time and energy to keep up with the constant vacuuming, and picking up after five of  them. They're fun, but a labor of love no doubt. I have company coming soon too so not sure if trying to keep control of things will allow me time for projects or not until after they're gone. I'm trying not to let it frustrate me. Better to just let it go and be in a mindset of what will be, will be. Better to stay on top of the housework rather than saving it till the last minute and exhausting myself for company. I did that last year and ended up sick all the time they were here. 

Robin:

Back at ya!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 7:48 AM

Lillie:
I used to live in Shreveport, LA many. many years ago. Whenever we'd have a tornado watch/warning I'd go into the closest and hide under a bunch of blankets. My son would come in there with me and we'd hide together. My, then, husband would come in and open the door and laugh at us and try to make us feel bad. We'd stay there until we heard the all clear. I am terrified of horses and tornadoes.
 I am afraid when tornadoes are near, too.  I used to live in Illinois and in the spring they were plentiful and likely.  Scary stuff.

Lillie, I was hearing on the news about the fires in your state.  Are they near to you?  I hope not.  The news said they were 50% contained.  I don't know what that means, but if you're close, I hope you are on the contained side and the winds blow away from your neighborhood.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:14 AM

Robin, you are such a good friend to help during your friend's very sad time.  It's one of the hardest things when we loose our mothers.  God bless her.  No other grieving is quite the same.  When Ricky died I was afraid to leave the house empty and I found out if you call the police dept. they will patrol the area.  Nothing intense, they just drive up and down the street more often.  My neighbors told me they saw them, so they really do it.  Just seeing them driving around will discourage would be thieves.  Maybe an idea for her during the funeral.  I don't know if that's why you stayed at her house, but just thought I'd mention it.  

Hope you get your weeds under control.  It's a constant effort this time of year, isn't it?  They grew so much after the rains with Andrea it may take me all summer to get on top of mine again.  Not only the weeds, but everything.  My hedges grew 6" seemingly over night.  Time to bring out the hedge cutters and weed wacker...

Robin:
Linny,  I hope that your day with Barb was productive.

Barb now has everything ready to set up for the sale...thank God!  All there is left is putting it out and marking prices on everything.  She is going to ask my SIL to help her do that during the week, since they are both retired.  Next weekend will be the sale.  She is so tired of it all that whatever doesn't sell is going to go to Goodwill.  I will be thankful when it's over, except I will miss spending so much time with her.  She is planning a major craft day at her new place once this is all over, kind of like a housewarming craft party.  That should be fun.  She still has a large amount of putting things away left to do at her new place, but she's made a lot of progress.  Monday she goes for her 3 mo. check up for the cancer.  I think she'll be fine still, judging from how she looks and feels.  I'm saying my prayers anyway.  She's nervous about it.  Who wouldn't be, right?

Once this house thing is all over I will have free time again.  Yeah!  I have put my purse in the back of my mind until then because I don't want to start it and get frustrated by not being able to focus on it.  If that happens I might never finish it.  CQ is so messy at the beginning that you need a block of time and a large clear space to deal with it.  I haven't had that for several weeks and I'm really looking forward to it.

Robin:
 I wish the very same thing for you, dear!

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:28 AM

Linny t:
Barb now has everything ready to set up for the sale...thank God!  All there is left is putting it out and marking prices on everything.  She is going to ask my SIL to help her do that during the week, since they are both retired.

I know both of you have to be elated ot have reached this point. So much to do when you live in a house for so long. It's great that she's in a mindset to give the balance to Goodwill. And how fun it will be to have a housewarming craft party. Prayers out to her for the 3 month check up!

Linny t:

Once this house thing is all over I will have free time again.  Yeah!  I have put my purse in the back of my mind until then because I don't want to start it and get frustrated by not being able to focus on it.  If that happens I might never finish it.  CQ is so messy at the beginning that you need a block of time and a large clear space to deal with it.  I haven't had that for several weeks and I'm really looking forward to it.

So true about it being messy in the beginning, and the block of time to focus on it. It's hard to do with so many life events and things running through our minds. At least for me. I think too much. LOL. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:38 AM

The fires are pretty far away from us. We just get occasional smoke depending on which way the wind blows. Actually heard that the weather the past few days have been very good for the firefighters. Had two big rain storms over the fire areas, higher humidity, and very low winds. And containment is on the way, if not there already.

I bought new speakers for my computer so I'm ready to rock-n-roll with my Allie Aller class on Craftsy. WaHoo!

Happy Fathers Day Sunday to everyone.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:43 AM

Today is going to be a fun day. Fathers Day. Mike's working for part of the day, but we'll be going out to dinner with DS and girlfriend. Heading back to the restaurant Cheddars. We enjoyed it when my neice was here, and decided it would be a good place to go again. The "kids" have never been there and since we'll be picking girlfriend up at the airport, the restaurant is close.

I've got  a ton of stuff to do before that. Yesterday I took on a project of hanging heavy vinyl over the windows to take the place of heavy insulated room darkening curtains. The a/c works so hard with all the windows we have and I'm so tired of having to keep the insulated drapes closed and not being able to enjoy the sunshine. Then I decided to back up my computer. Big mistake. Hadn't done it in 4 years and spent 8 hours changing cd's while it was backing up and they'd run out of space. I stayed up till midnight and couldn't stay awake any longer. It wasn't finished and when I got up this morning it said the whole thing was cancelled. Unreal!!! Huge waste of time. That'll teach me to do this on a regular basis.

I'd much rather be sewing right now. I came across a quilt yesterday that's so close to being finish quilted it was everything I could do to restrain myself. Not in the cards right now. 

Lillie,

I too hope the fires are staying at bay from where you live.   

Diane,

I forgot to acknowledge a way to go on still progressing on the work quilt. You're getting to where you can see the light at the end of the tunnel with that one, aren't you? Did he leave fabric for the binding?

Guess I'd better get off here and get busy. Have a great day everyone.... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:46 AM

Lillie:

The fires are pretty far away from us. We just get occasional smoke depending on which way the wind blows. Actually heard that the weather the past few days have been very good for the firefighters. Had two big rain storms over the fire areas, higher humidity, and very low winds. And containment is on the way, if not there already.

That's great news. Sorry, I was typing as you posted so I missed this until after. Hope they get it all contained.

Lillie:

I bought new speakers for my computer so I'm ready to rock-n-roll with my Allie Aller class on Craftsy. WaHoo!

I can sense the excitement. Hope you love it!  Those fabrics are going to make a gorgeous cq!

Happy Fathers Day Sunday to you too!  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sun, Jun 16 2013 2:12 PM

Here is a pic of me and my Dad at my wedding in 1982.  He was a great family man.  He taught high school for 20 years before he became a vice principal at Bowie High School.

• Post Points: 50
Page 59 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev5758596061Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use