rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:13 AM

Stephanie:
As for me, I was a little out of sorts yesterday. Needed a little timeout and I ventured over to the quilt show website. I see that Sharon Schamber is offering instructional videos for quilting and free motion. I bounced and watched her draft some feather designs. She's pretty amazing and in her own right deserves many thanks for sharing her experiences in helping teach. Funny after seeing Zentangle, I think some of the same concepts could be used for design in quilting.

I've watched that video on her website some time ago and she's pretty amazing in her approach to design.  She has award winning quilts, so the proof's in the pudding.  I think a whole cloth done in Zentangle patterns would be amazing...especially if I could find the time to make it, lol.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:29 AM

Stephanie:
It does take time to change bad eating habits doesn't it? My stomach is starting to change some of them for me. I can't seem to tolerate hot dogs, bologna, or processed meat any more without getting gassy and crampy. At least I'm getting Mike off of wanting beef or pork all the time. He's getting to where he can feel the pressure of those and how he feels too.
 Boy, isn't this the truth.  I can't eat large amounts of meat any more of any kind.  I just get miserable and stay that way for 2 - 3 days.  It gives me clear understanding of what "it doesn't agree with me" means, lol.  My mom used to say about certain foods, "I like it, but it doesn't like me."  I get that now.  

Stephanie:
My favorite aunt smokes three packs a day and coughs and coughs. They found a spot on her lung about 15 years ago and wanted to biopsy it. She told them that they weren't going to cut on her. She believed as did her family that opening and exposing cancer to oxygen would cause it to grow and spread. Not sure if that's a wives tale or not, but it worked for her. She's mid 80's now.  She's been blessed. 
 I've heard that before, too, in fact it was my mom who I heard say it first.  Like you say, it's working for your aunt.  That's amazing that she's 80 and still smokes that much.  Most people from that generation did smoke, though.  My aunt that died at 78 smoked like a fiend.  She found out she had cancer when she had a blackout while driving.  It had spread from her lung to her spine and was affecting her spinal chord.  She was one who, after loosing her husband had always said she was ready to go, meaning she was ready to die.  So, when she was told it was too late to stop it, she wasn't upset about being at the end of her life.  It really pissed her off that she couldn't drive anymore, though.  She was really something...extremely independent.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:34 AM

Robin:
I was but decided not to do it on my birthday. 
 Happy, happy, happy Birthday, Robin!!!  You're doing yard work on your birthday?  I hope you get to sew a little too.  Doing anything fun to celebrate? 

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 11:45 AM

Darlene, hope your mom is okay.  Did you have to go over there?

Too bad about the flooding giving you additional laundry.  I saw on the weather where there's a front pushing east that has a lot of severe potential...I hope you don't get that. 

When I was little we lived in Illinois in the country.  We had a basement that dad never could finish the floor on because he hit an artesian well.  It would spring up bubbling and a stream would develop that eventually went from one end to the other.  My dad actually made a ditch for it to run in to try to control it better.  It would be like that all summer, but that basement would flood something terrible in the spring and we'd have the sound of the sump pump going for weeks on end.  Sometimes mom would get caught off guard and laundry would get wet.  Then she'd have to stop life and wash it or it'd be ruined.  We didn't have a clothes dryer.  She hung everything out on a line.  Can you imagine having 6 kids and no dryer?  

Your market bags sound so very pretty.  I hope your camera cooperates, because I'd really like to see one.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,087
Points 41,695
Diane replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 12:31 PM

Happy Birthday Robin!  I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 2:44 PM

Happy Birthday Robin. I hope you have a wonderful day and get to do only the things that make you smile.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 2:46 PM

Take a look at this. It's by Tula Pink and it was at Spring Market (where ever that was). I tried looking for this pattern, but could not find it anywhere. Stunning.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 4:35 PM

Here are some pics of my new fabric. The Paris Flea Market is for the Allie Aller Craftsy class.  wahoo! And the last one is my friends going away shoes given to her by another small quilt group she has been with for over 30 years. The same 4 women for over 30 years. Isn't that amazing!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:03 PM

Robin,

Happy Birthday!!!!  Happy news about your neice arriving home safely. Hope she recovers quickly from her illness.

Will you and your friend be able to travel together to Miami. It'd be so nice for you to have company for the trip even if she is in a different group.

Robin:
What fun project are you working on these days?   I love to hear you talk about painting techniques.

You're so sweet. I haven't been doing anything special lately. I did go and put the final glaze on my son's "woodgrained" garage door that I started long ago. We've got exterior jobs going on right now. Hot, hot outside. I woke up this morning with my face all puffy. The heat makes me swell. Thank goodness I was only out a half day or I might not have recognized myself. LOL. 

Hope your weeding went well, don't overdo. And I hope you do something fun for your birthday!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:07 PM

Wow Lillie! That's some beautiful fabric! The qult from Tula Pink lovely too. You should post in the forums to see if anyone recognizes the pattern. It's the first I've seen it.

Really special of the quilt group to gift the sneakers. It really is amazing that the 4 of them have been together 30 years.

I hadn't seen the news about Libby Lehman. Thanks for sharing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:11 PM

Darlene,

That's a bummer about the pic files. Electronics are great when they work right. LOLHopefully you'll be able to get some help in resolving it so we can see pic's.

Frustrating about the water in the basement. I had a day of laundry myself, but only because I did a little retail therapy shopping and had some new things to wash. Makes it much more pleasant.

Did you ever reach your mom? Is she ok?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:16 PM

Linny t:
 It really pissed her off that she couldn't drive anymore, though.  She was really something...extremely independent.  

She sounds like a character! LOL. I think it'll be really tough to lose driving priviledges. Although easier with being able to shop online.

Sorry you have reached the stage of it doesn't agree with me too. Good thing we like all sorts of foods and can work our way around some of that misery.

I couldn't imagine having six kids. LOL. And doing laundry and hanging it out on the line for all of them and her and hubby had to keep her a slave to it. Bet she was elated when you were all old enough to start helping. Really makes me appreciate my washer and dryer and the conviences all the more.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:23 PM

Linny t:
she's pretty amazing in her approach to design.

I think that's what I was impressed by the most. You see these awesome designs and think they'd be so intimidating to create. By watching her break it down into quadrants it made it seem doable.

Linny t:
 I think a whole cloth done in Zentangle patterns would be amazing...especially if I could find the time to make it, lol.

It would be awesome. And so would having the time. Even small projects like table runners or pillows would be cool.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,532
Points 138,998
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 5:24 PM

Lillie:

Here are some pics of my new fabric. The Paris Flea Market is for the Allie Aller Craftsy class.  wahoo! And the last one is my friends going away shoes given to her by another small quilt group she has been with for over 30 years. The same 4 women for over 30 years. Isn't that amazing!

Bumping this back so everyone can see.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 13 2013 7:46 PM

Lillie, you make me want to get a nice big squishy package coming to my house.  I love that Moda bundle.  You are going to have so much fun with this.  

Those shoes are so darn cute.

I love that butterfly quilt, too.  If you ever find the pattern be sure to share it.  It looks like a sampler and the layout is what makes it special...along with those colors.  So pretty.

Linny T

Page 57 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev5556575859Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use