My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 3:57 PM

God bless all of your families and friends everyone.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,535
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 6:11 PM

I am, Diane.  It's scary to me.  My youngest brother died at 58 and that's the age I'll be at my next birthday.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 3:53 AM

Linny,

Do you get physicals regularly? Prayers are with you that you never have to go through cancer.

Robin,

I'll include your neice in my prayers as well. Have you heard any news?

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 7:22 AM

Oh this is so interesting. We were just talking about Allie Aller the other day and I just received notification that she is teaching a CU class on Craftsy. So strange how things work in the world.

http://www.craftsy.com/class/crazy-quilting/312?ext=20130612_Specials_Quilting_text3&utm_source=Craftsy-Quilting&utm_medium=Weekly_Picks&utm_campaign=Craftsy%20Emails%20and%20Promos&initialPage=true

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 9:20 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that your day is off and running.  Thank you for all the prayers for my niece.   We've had some word out of Guatemala yesterday.  She had a rough night the night before last with the IV coming out of her vein and we're still waiting news about the flight home.  The insurance company is insisting that a nurse fly to Miami to fly back with her to Tallahassee.  But as of yesterday evening, my brother had talked to her and she was feeling some better and the flight was arranged for today.   So provided everything stays on track she should be back in her parents arms tonight.   I can't imagine the torture this has been for them.   But God is totally in control and He will see them through.

Well, I'm back on my purse project and I may or may not be on a path.  I cut the large piece I was working with up into smaller sections and this seems to have helped.  We'll have to see if this continues to work. 

Well, I'll check in later off to run some errands.

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260
Darlene replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:16 AM

Nana, thank you for your prayers for Mom.  I told her you said hello and she asked I tell you the same.

She is doing much better this week.  She finally crossed the threshold and dropped below 9 for her hemoglobin count.  This allowed her to get a transfusion last week and what a difference that has made.

For weeks she has barely been able to navigate daily routines but the day after her transfusion she walked to the bank next door to her apartment, walked two blocks to go to a carnival and get something to eat.

This is something we know we will battle for the remainder of her life.  It is so challenging at times but for the most part she continues to push thru.  It is the days when she says she can't which are so hard to watch.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260
Darlene replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:18 AM

Robin, glad to hear that your niece is on her way home.  She remains in my prayers.  You are correct that God is in control but I am sure that does not make the waiting any easier for her family.

Glad to hear your purse project is moving forward.  I have hit a wall with mine as well and put it aside for this week.

Hope you are successful with your errands.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260
Darlene replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:26 AM

Linny, glad to hear that Barb continues to get stronger and that her journey to sell her home is coming to an end.  I hope the sale goes well.

The cancer factor in today's world is so scary.  Your family has had its share and you are wise to stay in touch with  your doctor and keep proactive with testing.  When a family member has a health issue at a specific age and you are approaching that age it can be frightful.

In my family it is heart.  My older brother had his first heart attack at age 52..  When I was approaching 52 and being told my cholesterol could cause me to follow in the foot steps of my brother, it scared me.  My weight was also a factor.  My younger brothers both had heart attacks before 50.  

This year I will be 56 and so far my heart is okay.  I have lost about 20 pounds and am able to be more active which helps.  I still have a way to go to get past having to be constantly concerned but the strides I have made are keeping my doctor happy and so I continue on this path and do what I can.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260
Darlene replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:29 AM

Oh Lillie, what torture that Allie Aller class on Craftsy is.  Are you thinking about this class?  

I have taken some of the Craftsy classes and have enjoyed all of them.  I may have to enroll in this.  The silk ribbon lesson sounds like it alone would be worth it.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260
Darlene replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:50 AM

Good day all.  Life has been status quo here in WNY.  We have had some serious rain but nothing compared to what those in the path of Andrea experienced so I will not grouse overly much.  Had issues with water in the basement but nothing new.  Good news is that the rearrangement of things to accommodate Kyle moving home and me moving back to the dungeon to sew have prevented any damage to my stash.

Tim saw the eye doctor last week and has been cleared to drive.  The eye doctor has made recommendations to have the prism engraved into Tim's lens permanently but the fact that Tim wears bifocals is a challenge and we are waiting for an answer whether this is possible.  There are also insurance questions which need to be answered before we move forward with this.  He continues to get stronger and is anxious for it to be July so that he can have the next MRI to find out if the radiation made any difference on the tumor.  He is teaching one class during the summer session and getting ready for the fall semester.  Goal is to be back full time by then.  Please continue to pray that if this is God's will, Tim will be able.

Kyle is settling into life at home again but still looking for work.  Hard to see him floundering and I am unsure what I should do to help him right now.  As the mom, I hate to see my child struggle but he needs to do this for himself.  Tim and I have discussed this and are unsure what steps to take next.

Did a 10 store shop hop last week around doctor appointments and nasty weather.  Was a challenge to get to all 10 stores but worth it.  I won a $50 gift certificate at one of the shops and because of my loyalty card got a $25 gift certificate at another.  Hoping to go get some more treasures this weekend.

I had a craft show Saturday which was a good event.  Good traffic and good sales.  I have played with some of my pricing and need to still tweek on some items.  I tried to adjust on some things which probably should have been left alone.

Market starts next week on the 20th.  Family and friends all know that I will be unavailable on Thursdays for the next 15 weeks.  LOL.  Everyone knows that their appointments need to be any other day of the week and so far we are doing good with that.

I got my loyalty cards from the printer Monday.  I am hoping that they will help to bring people to Market each week.  I am offering 10% off after 10 purchases.  Only time will tell whether this will work.

Planning for a feature item each week.  This item will be something new introduced during the feature week at a reduced price and then slightly higher in price for following weeks.  I have the items for the first two weeks ready.  The third week is the 4th of July and I am not sure if I want to feature red/white/blue items or Christmas items.  Any ideas??  I do know that I need a good Christmas display because people traditionally look for Christmas at this show.

I am working on reusable market bags made from denim  for the fourth week and they are coming together nicely.  Guess I need to get back to the dungeon and see what I can accomplish.

Hope that everyone is having a productive day.  

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 2:17 PM

Darlene--sounds like you have been really busy and things are progressing well.  Congratulations on losing 20 lbs!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 2:22 PM

Darlene:

Oh Lillie, what torture that Allie Aller class on Craftsy is.  Are you thinking about this class?  

I have taken some of the Craftsy classes and have enjoyed all of them.  I may have to enroll in this.  The silk ribbon lesson sounds like it alone would be worth it.

I did enroll in her Craftsy class. As soon as my fabric arrives, I'll start the class. I decided to use the Moda fabric line she is using for her class. It has a French flair to it in pinks, creams, whites, and blues, or maybe it's greens. Hard to tell from the photo. 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 2:25 PM

Yes, I know, I was not going to do anything else because I already have so much on my plate. I blame all of you for mentioning Allie to begin with.  lol  

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,535
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 5:57 PM

Stephanie:

Linny,

Do you get physicals regularly? Prayers are with you that you never have to go through cancer.

Yup, once a year.  Thanks for the prayers.  I hope I never have to go through it either.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,535
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 12 2013 6:17 PM

Darlene, it's always good to see a nice long post from you.  I'm happy to hear things are status quo.  Congrats on the shop hop winnings.  How fun to get some free shopping!  Your ideas for loyalty cards and special introductory prices sounds really well thought out.  I know Christmas in July is a thing down here, too.  I'm not sure if the sales increase for it.  Hard to say.  What would you rather make?  If you're still doing aprons, I bet red, white & blue would sell well for all the cookout chefs.

I'm happy to hear that Tim is progressing well and that your mom is better.  She is such a trooper.  Can't keep a good gal down, right?  How is MIL?  It's good that they're cooperating with no appts. on Thursdays for you during market.  Tim will be a really happy husband when he can drive again.  I don't understand the prism thing, but I do believe it would make me batty to not be able to see well.  Hope the answer comes quick for him.

How lucky that your stuff didn't get wet in the basement with all that rain.  I love it when there's a residual blessing to timing that seems hard to deal with.  Kind of like, "Oh, that's why that happened then."  It's good that Kyle will be able to help some with transport.  I hope he can help you with carting back and forth at the market, too.  You need to take care with the weather this year.  Your shoulder doesn't bother you still, does it?

I bet your denim market bags will be a big hit.  I've been pricing large totes that are easy to tuck away and boy they can be pricey and aren't all that well made.  I suppose it's because they are trendy right now.  Denim is good because it can take some wear.  How big are you making them?  Are you decorating them at all?

Linny T

Page 55 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev5354555657Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use