My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:24 AM

Lillie, it's in this book.  This link is a to a book review by Mary Corbet.  Funny, I knew which CQ Robin was talking about, but didn't catch the wrong name. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:26 AM

Thanks for the iodine info, Jo.  Wonder if it works for dogs, too.  Why wouldn't it, right?  I have never heard of white iodine.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:37 AM

Robin:
Linny,  Any ideas yet?  Is Barb done moving? 
 I had a "perfect plan" in my head that involved a gunmetal colored frame.  They sent the wrong color frame and rather than fussing with a return, I decided to keep it.  I'm having trouble adjusting the perfect plan that was in my head to a brass colored frame for some reason.  

No, Barb is not done moving.  Well, technically she is done bringing stuff to her new place, but she's got to get everything else sold or moved out of there so they can sell her old place.  She has so much stuff I just can't believe it myself.  One big obstacle is that she gets worn out so fast.  She's good for a couple to three hours max and then she needs to rest most of the time.  It's getting close to sale day, though.  The stuff we have to go through is all concentrated in one room now.  Not long I hope.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:52 AM

Linny t:

Lillie, it's in this book.  This link is a to a book review by Mary Corbet.  Funny, I knew which CQ Robin was talking about, but didn't catch the wrong name. 

Oh, I did see that picture but had no idea what I was looking at.  lol  Thanks for explaining it to me.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,143
Points 42,725
Diane replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 2:17 PM

Wow--what a great review of Allison Aller's book!  I have to get it!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,143
Points 42,725
Diane replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 3:41 PM

Linny--It sounds like to me that Barbara is doing great.  I have to rest a lot so I understand after being sick she gets tired.  Two or three hours of work is good.  I know about having lots of stuff.  I had to move from a 3 bedroom 21/2 bathroom townhouse to a 2 BR 2 BR apartment.  I hope she is managing to get rid of lots of stuff.  I love yard sales.  I once made enough on a yard sale to take my daughter to Ocean city Md for a long weekend when she was in 6th grade.  So many memories!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 5:31 PM

Diane, I do believe that although this is hard for Barb, it's making her do something besides sit all day.  Everything happens for a reason, right?  This weekend I noticed that she actually had good color for a change.  I have been really worried about her because she was still so frail.  She put on a couple of pounds, too.  She told me today that she feels surprisingly good after yesterday.  She is usually wiped out after a day like yesterday, so it's good to hear.  She should do well with the sale.  I hope she does as well as you did with yours.  I just want to see her happy and settled so she can start enjoying the park she's in.  They have all sorts of perks and activities there.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,143
Points 42,725
Diane replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 10:44 PM

Linny---I agree with you.  People can recover from cancer now a days.  She should be able to get back to where she was before she got sick.  With me, my condition is chronic. It's so good that she has you there to help her.  I know she feels blessed.

Robin, thanks.  I am looking forward to making a crazy quilt purse.  Mine will be more like a tote bag I think.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,079
Points 66,550
Robin replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:57 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your day is up and running.   I'm working on getting started however, I might have to go out and lick the car battery to get my engine going this morning.  It's amazing how sorry you can get after sleeping in one or two mornings.  

Starting off this morning with a prayer request.  Please pray for my niece, she went on a mission trip to Guatemala and became severely ill.  We are not sure how ill or what exactly is wrong.   However, we were notified yesterday she would be flown home as soon as arrangements could be made.  She already deals with microcardiopathy, which is a heart thing.  So we are not sure how much of this is that and how much is something else.  All we know is that on arrival half of the team got real sick, some bed ridden.  Brandy has been trying to tough it out but when the medical team arrived yesterday Brandy was considered to be severely ill and given IV's.  She was running a 104 temp which they did not previously know because the centers thermometer was not working accurately.

Today I'm going to obviously hang by the phone.   Fix some pants for Culinary Camp, pull more weeds,  and sew a little.   I've put all the fabrics for my purse a way for a day to see if I can decide how to come at this project seems like nothing is really working.  So I'm going to let that project rest for twenty four hours and try again.  Also my closet is in desperate need of a cleaning.   I really hate that job.  

Have a great day my friends and I'll check with you later.

Robiin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 354
Points 9,595

Linny t:
 She told me today that she feels surprisingly good after yesterday

I am glad Barb has something to do and look forward to. Sometimes working hard makes you feel better. I know it has to be soooo hard for her after what she has been through, but it is better than just sitting.  She is lucky she has you to help her and to go places with her. It will be nice when she can start joining in the activities at her new place.  It will be like starting a new life.....she only has to tell people as much or as little as she want.  Sometimes it is better to keep some things to yourself. Tell her we are all cheering for her.

I hope you all have a  Terrific Tuesday!    Jo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 11:23 AM

I certainly will keep your niece in my prayers, Robin, as well as the whole group that got ill.  I hope it is something they can recover from quickly.  

Robin:
I might have to go out and lick the car battery to get my engine going this morning.
 ROFLOL...Maybe you should try flashlight batteries first?  Don't forget to plan some just plain old "Robin" days in your time off.  Maybe you need that so your batteries can recharge themselves.  Do you have plans to spend time by the ocean this year?  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 11:35 AM

normajo1030:
I am glad Barb has something to do and look forward to. Sometimes working hard makes you feel better. I know it has to be soooo hard for her after what she has been through, but it is better than just sitting.  She is lucky she has you to help her and to go places with her. It will be nice when she can start joining in the activities at her new place.  It will be like starting a new life.....she only has to tell people as much or as little as she want.  Sometimes it is better to keep some things to yourself. Tell her we are all cheering for her.

Thanks, Jo, I will tell her.  You are so right about keeping some things to ourselves.  She doesn't want folks to automatically "write her off" because she had cancer.  Now that she's got her hair coming back in, it won't be long before people will stop automatically knowing she's fighting it.  She tells me there are 4 basic looks she got from strangers.  The "shocked and horrified" look, the "you're invisible" look, the "pity" look and the "I know what you're going through" look.  Her hair is still really short now and it's starting to curl up in the back, so it almost looks like an intentional short haircut.  I think it's cute.  God love her, she's a real fighter.  It won't be long before she doesn't look like she's fighting cancer.  She goes for her 3 month interval exam the last week of this month and is understandably nervous about it.  Hopefully it will still be in remission.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,262
Points 112,795
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 11:41 AM

Diane:
Linny---I agree with you.  People can recover from cancer now a days.  She should be able to get back to where she was before she got sick.  With me, my condition is chronic. It's so good that she has you there to help her.  I know she feels blessed.
 I just find it amazing because I saw 3 brothers and my father just ravaged by it.  God Bless the scientists, I say.  I feel honored to be there for her.  I have a hard time imagining life without her in it.  I'm sorry you have to suffer so often with your condition, Diane.  After seeing how her life was limited, I have more sympathy for folks with fibromyalgia and other diseases of that debilitating sort.  Maybe they'll find a cure for it some day soon.  We can only pray.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,143
Points 42,725
Diane replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 1:31 PM

One of my best friends had stage 4 breast cancer.  The tumor has reached the ribs.  She had chemo and is in remission.  The tumor has shrunk.  Her hair grew back curley!!!  She loves it.

Linny--I had no idea you had so much cancer in your family.  I hope you are watching yourself.  Sorry to hear about your father and brothers.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,143
Points 42,725
Diane replied on Tue, Jun 11 2013 3:12 PM

I'm praying for your niece Robin that she makes a quick recovery.  Enjoy your time off.

Page 54 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev5253545556Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use