My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 346
Points 9,420

Thanks for all your praise; It was someone else's idea; I just copied it.  I am going to make some more of them, because it is easier than making an apron from fabric.   I will give some to friends......they don't know how much an apron comes in handy.   lol

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,575
Robin replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 3:29 PM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your world is bright and renewed.  Andrea's rain seems to have brighten and highlight the finer points of my world.  The birds are so happy, there outside just chirping away.   I love that about my day.  

Well, I think this will count as my first official day of Summer Break.   Grades are finalized, my room is bare and mostly clean and my sign off sheet is turn in.   This morning I've been playing with my fabrics for my purse.   I trying to use Allie Adler's Crazy for Daisies as an inspiration piece for this project but it is turning out to be such a challenge, trying to find the right color combinations.   But I'm not licked yet.  I work a little and set it aside and then do something else and comeback and try again.

Oops for forgot to hit post!

So since I wrote the above.  I've been out dug weeds.  Move some of the laundry around , tried to figure out where I'm going in Miami in a few weeks (nervous has a cat on a hot tin roof) and worked on my purse some more. 

Hope everyone's day has been more productive than mine.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,925
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 8 2013 4:36 PM

Robin, I've done that so many times it's not funny. Glad you posted it anyways.  Love to hear that Andrea left your place fresh and sweet and the birdies singing.  It sounds like you were productive enough, considering you've officially started your summer vacation.  I mean we have to take time to enjoy our lives, don't we.  It's not all about how much we get done.

I love Allie's Crazy for Daisies CQ.  I do that, too..work a little, walk away and come back.  Sometimes it's that little break that does the trick for solving design issues.  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Robin,

Happy second day of summer break.

Allie Aller's a wonderful inspiration for doing your purse. You'll get those colors just right in no time.

I'd be nervous about a trip to Miami too. I'm so directionally challenged and don't see street signs well. No telling where I'd end up. Do you have a gps?

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

I too spent some time with fabrics for my purse yesterday. After looking through my stash of fancy fabrics I came upon a set of neutral beiges and a black that looks like alligator skin. No plan for a block pattern yet.

As I was working on that and doing some embellishment lay outs for my Once block. I too hit a stall. I decided that there was just too much stuff out and it was time to put everything away and start with a fresh space. Sometimes it just takes that to keep me from being visually overloaded. It was nice to go thru all the little collections of beads, ribbons, etc to refresh my memory on what I have.  

Have some things around the house I need to catch up on today and a need to do something physical after all the sitting around yesterday. It's quite gloomy again outside. Humid and threatening rain. It'll be a good day to accomplish things inside.

Hoping for a great day for all of you. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 7:26 AM

I can't find anything about Allie Aller. All my searches lead back to Pinterest and it's always someone else's work.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,925
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 9:05 AM

Here's a link to pics of her work, Lillie.  She's written many books on the topic.  You can search Amazon and find them.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 12:43 PM

She has a neat blog too. http://alliesinstitches.blogspot.com/

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 2:47 PM

It's gloomy here too Stephanie.  Don't know why.  I too have been looking a fabric for a purse or a block.  I have some pretty silks with cotton prints that match.  Well we have some time to decide.

Lillie--you can "friend"  Allison Alder on facebook.  She posts her work some times.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Diane:
It's gloomy here too Stephanie.  Don't know why.

Ours finally passed, and we've had some afternoon sun to take the dogs out to run.. I think we're in for a more sunshiney week next week.

Diane:
I too have been looking a fabric for a purse or a block.  I have some pretty silks with cotton prints that match.  Well we have some time to decide.

That's awesome Diane. I'm so happy that you are planning to join us.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 5:08 PM

Linny t:

Here's a link to pics of her work, Lillie.  She's written many books on the topic.  You can search Amazon and find them.

Thank you Linny

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,925
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 9 2013 7:46 PM

You're welcome Lillie.  Her work is amazing, isn't it?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 6:55 AM

Linny t:

You're welcome Lillie.  Her work is amazing, isn't it?

Her work is indeed beautiful. But, I could not find the daisy work that was mentioned in an earlier post. Or perhaps I did see it, but have not idea what I was looking at. lol

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,575
Robin replied on Mon, Jun 10 2013 7:58 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are having a great start to your day.  I am having a late start.   I've got to stay on my routine are it throws everything out of whack but I didn't this morning.  

Today has a variety of task line up none to exciting mostly cleaning, weeding and stuff like that. 

I hope that your days all do well.

Lillie,  I missed named the piece "It's Crazy for Flowers'.   I couldn't find a the whole piece in a picture on line but I could find various blocks of it on pinterest.  She has a board under her name.

Diane,  So exciting to hear that you do are playing with this purse idea.  You do such beautiful work I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Stephaine,  I love your idea for a neutral color scheme.  It sounds delightful.

Linny,  Any ideas yet?  Is Barb done moving? 

I hope everyone else is alright.  Have a terrific day.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 346
Points 9,420

Robin:
I hope you are having a great start to your day

I got up plenty early, but am not really started yet.  George left for golf at 8 am and I am still on this computer.  I plan to sew something today, don't know what yet. Sammy's sore is almost gone, we had taken him to the vet for "walk-in shots" the other day and I was telling the girl about his sores and she said to put iodine on them.  She acted like she was telling me a secret. It is good to know, iodine does seem to dry things. We have white iodine so that works good, he doesn't have red on his fur.   I don't know if you can still purchase white iodine, you have to ask the drugist for it, it is never on the shelf for some reason.  I have had this a long time. 

I don't know if you all know about this or not or if you like to read .....anyway I get an email every day from BookBub and they have free books and 99 cent books. You can get them from Amazon, etc.  I clicked on get from Amazon yesterday and there is a place there to get an app for Kindle to your computer.  I clicked on it and went through the steps to download. Then chose a free book/Amazon and it has a place that says " add to Norma's kindle/pc".  Maybe not the exact words, but you get the idea.  It also puts a short cut onyour desktop that says Kindle.  It reall works; I put it on my laptop and now I can sit in the recliner and read a book. It is big printing and so easy to read.  I was so excited to  find out how easy it was to do!  (it doesn't take much at my age. LOL)

Well, enough wasting time.  Have a Merry Monday, everyone!!  Jo

Page 53 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev5152535455Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use