rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975
Robin replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 4:54 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm hoping to get a lot of my little chores at school done this afternoon so I can take tomorrow off.   We have inservice this morning so it's a wash, but that's just the way things work.   I do know I have got to get back into the habit of doing my morning devotion and find some journaling time to deal with some of my thought processes.  Lately I just don't seem to handle disappointments well so I will be working on that over the summer.   Establish the habit while I'm not in the thick of things and then maybe I will be able to maintain it when school is started back up.

I'm have a real hard time designing the layout of my fabrics for my purse.  I'm trying really hard to work on my colors and control them.   I'm also trying to create more curves in this piece which is bringing on a challenge.   But isn't that what art is about is challenging yourself to grow from one project to another.  

I hope that all of your will have the best of days.  

Stephanie, Molly is now 4 years old and believes that she is the baby of the household.  She gets in bed with me almost every night for a petting session before she goes to her crate in her Mom's room.    I know that a lot of people don't believe in crating a puppy but she came crate trained and it is like her own special place to her.  You can say "Let's go night night" and she runs right to it.  Before Laurie moved back home if you didn't go to bed on time she would just look at you like "What's the matter with you?"  "It's my bedtime".  She still does it but it doesn't work on Laur the way it always did on me.  She was great at keeping me on my routine. 

Linny,  I missed the story about your being late to work.  I hope it wasn't anything serious.  I'm glad your boss was good about it.  The last thing you need when your day hasn't started off right is someone telling you about it.

Lillie,  I'm excited to see your kit.   I've been curious about them.   Sorry your rr is so frustrating hopefully it's just a matter of timing and it will straighten itself out.

Darlene,  Write when you can and know that we're thinking and praying for you.

Diane,  How are those last two rows coming?

Erin,  Has your embellishments come in?   Hope you'll share some pictures of your goodies.

Jo,  What are you up to this weekend?

Hope everyone has a Terrific Thursday!

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 6:52 AM

Diane:

Lillie---that's wonderful!  Which ones did you order?

I ordered Trish Burr Embroidery Kit: Chinese Bird & Flower, Item# 108473494. But I can't find a picture of it on her web site.  I wonder if I ordered that last one?  It's similar to this, except the flowers are different. I think the bird is the same.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/109727167/embroidery-kit-azure-kingfisher?ref=sr_gallery_10&ga_search_query=trish+burr&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto1&ga_all=1&ga_search_type=all

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 6:56 AM

Robin:

Then it's a week off before the trainings and workshops begin.

Robin

I'm curious about the training and workshops. Since they are not at your held normal place of business, does the school pay for your travel and lodging when attending these functions out of town?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 7:02 AM

Robin:

Stephanie, Molly is now 4 years old and believes that she is the baby of the household.  She gets in bed with me almost every night for a petting session before she goes to her crate in her Mom's room.    I know that a lot of people don't believe in crating a puppy but she came crate trained and it is like her own special place to her.  You can say "Let's go night night" and she runs right to it.  Before Laurie moved back home if you didn't go to bed on time she would just look at you like "What's the matter with you?"  "It's my bedtime".  She still does it but it doesn't work on Laurie the way it always did on me.  She was great at keeping me on my routine. 

Robin

Funny story Robin. I know a lot of people have crates for their dogs. After training has been completed they usually leave the door open all the time and the dogs come and go as needed. I think it's a security thing for dogs who have been crate trained.

My old doggie used to barked at the foot of the stairs when he was ready to go to bed. Then he'd come into the room I was in and bark at me saying "come on! it's way past my bedtime!" So I'd take him upstairs and we'd all go to bed. Course, Ted and I would watch TV in bed. But the dog was happily snoring away.  lol

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Good morning girlfriends,

Reading about the pups made me smile.

Lillie,

Sounds like a nice kit. The pattern I bought was the lillte bluebirds. They are all so cute. Her email yesterday was really neat I thought about the minatures and works of art.

Robin,

Starting back in the morning devotion and journalling sounds wonderful. I've been watching Joyce Meyer in the mornings a couple times a week. I love the way she incorporates humor and her own life experiences of feelings, etc. into them. I've watched a couple other programs, but so many of them spend so much time asking for money that there's no message or sermon to them. I think it speaks volumes that you are able to realize the areas that you are seeking help for. Journalling helps me too. Especially when my mind starts "chattering" and I can't seem to slow it down. Writing forces thoughts, deep thoughts and sentences seem to become one thought at a time. It's all good and healing I think. I enjoyed when you used to share the messages with us. I enjoy all your posts. 

Hope you get your colors worked out for your purse. I've been reasoning out the same thing. Trying to visualize and the planning is a lot of the fun of these, and the big challenge. I've done curves a couple different ways. I have some mylar template material that can be ironed over, and I've used a couple stacked pieces of freezer paper as well. I don't have enough experience needle turning, so I iron the curve over a stiff template to get it molded into shape before I stitch it down. Hope this helps and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I have so many things I need to do today and trying to get into focus with the gloomy weather has been a struggle this morning. Hopefully I'll lock into something before the day blows by.

Second the motion for having a Terrific Thursday.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Lillie:
I know a lot of people have crates for their dogs.

The last few dogs that I had, I used cages for them. They like their cages once they got used to them; it was their place of protection and it protected my things when they were puppies. The las dog I had was the size of a greyhound and one night I fastened the cage and went to bed.....the next morning when I got up my Siamese cat was in the cage with the dog.  I guess I was really sleepy and didn't see her in there. 

I am going to make an apron out of a man's shirt that I saw on line.  You leave the collar on and it buttoned down the front then you cut in the shape of an apron from the front, bind that and use the back of the shirt to make the ties and pockets.  I wear an apron quite a bit as I am kind of sloppy when I cook, etc.  It makes me so upset when I splash grease or something that stains on the clothes I have on.  I am still working on the cloth napkins, but I am not happy with them, so it is hard to stick with them. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 12:13 PM

Robin:
I'm have a real hard time designing the layout of my fabrics for my purse.  I'm trying really hard to work on my colors and control them.   I'm also trying to create more curves in this piece which is bringing on a challenge.   But isn't that what art is about is challenging yourself to grow from one project to another.  
 It sure is, Robin.  Love the challenge of growing and learning new techniques.

It's cool that you want to start journaling again.  It's such a great habit to get into.  I know it's hard to keep up when life takes up all the extra time, though.  I'm doing this online thing that is called Zenhabits.  It's a 30 day challenge with short daily readings to help "rework" how you approach life's challenges with Zen principals.  It's interesting that although it is Zen based, there are so many times that those principles will invoke a scripture in my head and I find myself meditating on that.  Like the last one was about choosing one of my ways of reacting to a difficult or negative situation and just "letting it go" of it.   My thoughts started moving from that to the "casting your cares upon the Lord" scripture.  I liked it too, when you'd write about your morning devotional here.  Funny how many times it would be relevant to my day, too.  I have a tendency to pile too many things on myself and end up just skimming through life.  It leaves you dry after awhile.  I think journaling helps slow us downs, like Stephanie says, to make us think one thought deeply and helps our minds stop racing. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 12:15 PM

normajo1030:

Lillie:
I know a lot of people have crates for their dogs.

The last few dogs that I had, I used cages for them. They like their cages once they got used to them; it was their place of protection and it protected my things when they were puppies. The las dog I had was the size of a greyhound and one night I fastened the cage and went to bed.....the next morning when I got up my Siamese cat was in the cage with the dog.  I guess I was really sleepy and didn't see her in there. 

I am going to make an apron out of a man's shirt that I saw on line.  You leave the collar on and it buttoned down the front then you cut in the shape of an apron from the front, bind that and use the back of the shirt to make the ties and pockets.  I wear an apron quite a bit as I am kind of sloppy when I cook, etc.  It makes me so upset when I splash grease or something that stains on the clothes I have on.  I am still working on the cloth napkins, but I am not happy with them, so it is hard to stick with them. 

That's a cute image of your dog and kitty together in the cage, Jo.  

I'd really like to see the apron made from the man's shirt.  Maybe you could post a pic when you're done.  I bet it is cute with the collar and buttons and all.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 12:17 PM

Lillie:

Diane:

Lillie---that's wonderful!  Which ones did you order?

I ordered Trish Burr Embroidery Kit: Chinese Bird & Flower, Item# 108473494. But I can't find a picture of it on her web site.  I wonder if I ordered that last one?  It's similar to this, except the flowers are different. I think the bird is the same.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/109727167/embroidery-kit-azure-kingfisher?ref=sr_gallery_10&ga_search_query=trish+burr&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_ref=auto1&ga_all=1&ga_search_type=all

That's a pretty one, Lillie.  Is it one of the miniature ones?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975
Robin replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 2:58 PM

Lillie:

Robin:

Then it's a week off before the trainings and workshops begin.

Robin

I'm curious about the training and workshops. Since they are not at your held normal place of business, does the school pay for your travel and lodging when attending these functions out of town?

Lillie,

Most of the time the travel for trainings and workshops are paid for out of a grant that is used to fund Career and Technical Education.   However, the training I'm going to in Miami for Culinary is actually paid for the Florida Restaurant Association.   The training will carry us through the concepts of their curriculum which is what I use in my classroom.   I'm hoping I'll have a better understanding of how to teach the content when I return from Miami, so I can start planning more of my lessons.  Hope this answers your question.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,103
Points 66,975
Robin replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 3:21 PM

Hooray!

The lady didn't show up for the inservice today do to the impending arrival of TS Andrea.   Although I don't enjoy the thought of bad weather, I do love it when an inservice training get cancelled.   Because the training was cancelled I got the wall in the culinary lab painted so now the remodeling in there is almost complete for this year.  We still lack the cabinet surrounding the dishwasher but that's someone else's job.    We did come home a little early because of the weather.  We have a small leak in the roof that Donn can never remember to repair when it's dry so we figure we better come home and make sure the pan under it was not overflowing.  We weren't home long before an email went out saying the superintendent was sending everyone home on account of the weather.   

So I'm home an the hatches are batten down.   Here comes Andrea!

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,313
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 5:07 PM

Robin, we had Andrea this morning.  Some pretty dicey weather and a few tornadoes around here, but all in all not bad.  We had a lot of rain and wind.  I hope she's all tuckered out by the time she gets to you.  I just heard she's making landfall at Cedar Key now, so maybe that will take some of the wind out of her sails.  Good luck.  Hope you don't have flooding.

Stephanie, how's it down your way?  

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

normajo1030:
the next morning when I got up my Siamese cat was in the cage with the dog.  I guess I was really sleepy and didn't see her in there. 

Too cute Jo. I could see myself doing the same thing with Otis. LOL.

I too would love to see a pic of the mans shirt apron. I think this sounds really neat!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 8:16 PM

Linny---when you said you had Andrea this morning....well, I'll pray for all of you Florida ladies to be safe.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
 I'm doing this online thing that is called Zenhabits.  It's a 30 day challenge with short daily readings to help "rework" how you approach life's challenges with Zen principals.  It's interesting that although it is Zen based, there are so many times that those principles will invoke a scripture in my head and I find myself meditating on that.  Like the last one was about choosing one of my ways of reacting to a difficult or negative situation and just "letting it go" of it.   My thoughts started moving from that to the "casting your cares upon the Lord" scripture.

I love Zen, and often find myself relating it to scripture as well. The two compliment each other so well. I like the way Zen and Feng Shui relate to simplicity.Keeping our minds and living spaces uncluttered and thoughts and belongings placed so that everyting is in harmony everything around us.  Between that and the grace of God's word life would always be perfect.

Did you ever read the book Tuesdays with Morrie? I have a link to some of the quotes in the book:  http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/1995335-tuesdays-with-morrie  One of my most remembered I didn't see listed or could have gone on from one that says, "allow yourself to feel love and feel pain and not be afraid of it. Feel it and let it pass through you and detach from it."  That expression held huge meaning for me. I was a sufferer. I'd suffer loss, I'd suffer thinking about loss, I'd suffer for people that had lost, and I'd suffer for the world. My prayers often included blessings for everyone in the world. It was a natural inborn part of myself and a big part of the depression I had for most of my childhood and adult life.

There have been many lessons and strivings along the way, but somehow reading his thought to "feel it and let it pass through you" was so profound to me. Kind of like that part in the Patch Adams movie where he holds up his hand in someones face and says, " Your not looking past the problem and seeing the solution." And when he dropped his hand(symbolic of the problem)   the person could see him (the solution).

I guess with all this chatting on, I've just come to be open to the thoughts that there are life lessons eveywhere when we seek them. I'm so happy that we've chatted about it, because it's helped draw me back into reflection myself.    

Page 51 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev4950515253Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use