My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 7:12 AM

Diane:

Lillie---I understand your frustration.  The 2 RR's I'm in are not going so smoothly either.  

Good to know I'm not the only one with a few hiccups .

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 7:16 AM

Diane:

Here are pics of my work.  This block is finished now.  I did the heart in the center, the buttons, the line of roses, the pink heart to the left and the pink rose lace.  I found that the green and pink lace to the left was glued on!!!!!  Also glued was the row of pink roses on the bottom.  I am so sick of this.  Glad it's over!!!  Just venting!

Diane, I read your comment on the CQI or WWCQ blog. I was horrified for you. Wonder what they were thinking when gluing the lace on. Sounds to me like they did not allow enough time to complete their part of the RR. So they just slapped some glue on and called it fini.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 7:21 AM

Woo hoo Robin. No kids for a few months!!!!

Great story about Molly.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:11 AM

Robin:
I hope your day has started like mine, I've awaken to the sound of multiple chirping birds, an earth dampen by a fresh rain and  the knowledge that this is the last day with kids at school!!!!!!!!!!!  
 Oh, Robin, this sounds lovely...

Your puppy fence story made me LOL.  I bet that Molly felt pretty proud of herself.  My dog Lucky scooted out of the door when I went to leave for work yesterday.  She hasn't done this for months, so I'd gotten used to not worrying about her.  She ran me around the neighborhood for an hour.  Finally a neighbor came outside and do you know that little stinker went right up to him.  I told her she was a traitor.  I was and hour and a half late for work.

Robin:
I love the smell of notebook paper in the fall and the get all tingling with excited then, I love plotting and planning projects that are going to but the kids in action.   And I love the idea of holidays.   In someways I guess I am just a kid at heart.    
 Robin, you are a natural born teacher.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:37 AM

I don't know what happened with the gluing Lillie.  It would have taken just a few minutes to tack it down with thread.  One part was coming apart so I'm sure the owner can sew it when she  gets it back.  I was surprised to see it!

Robin---so happy for you that the end of the year has come.  Enjoy your time off.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:48 AM

Stephanie, did you get a lot of rain today?  It's on its way here.  They are saying 5 to 6 inches of rain.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:58 AM

That's a cute story Robin.  I remember one summer when I had a cocker spaniel puppy a few months old.  I had carefully planted a beautiful flower bed of wild flowers.  Just when they were flowering beautifully, the puppy went in and completely destroyed them in 10 minutes!  I had a lot to learn about dogs!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 3:45 PM

OK I bit the bullet and purchased one of Trish Burr's kits. It said it might take 2-3 weeks to get here. I don't mind waiting   8-P   The shipping was $10 from So Africa.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 4:11 PM

Lillie---that's wonderful!  Which ones did you order?

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 4:18 PM

Robin---I want to apologize to you for giving you a hard time.  My father taught english---that doesn't change from year to year.  Same thing with speech.  The only real change he had was  to put plays on with the kids in his drama class. He actually had a stage in his classroom.  He was so stressed out during those times.  I was always amazed at all the good work he did..  With the type of job you have, you probably have to keep up to date with many things and you do handle it so well. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,101
Points 66,950
Robin replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 4:42 PM

Linny,

You are so right!  Molly was very proud of herself.   She looked at me like "Look Granny,  See what I can do!  Aren't you proud of me?"

Well the kiddies left at 1:00 and I've got to say I'm probably in the best shape I've been in for the last day in several years.  My school checklist is about done.  I've got several things on my personal list to do but I think I'll be finished by Friday with the bulk of it.   Then it's a week off before the trainings and workshops begin.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,578
Points 139,823

Robin,

Yay! Ours must have gotten out yesterday. No traffic and 20mph zones. Enjoyed your puppy Molly story. How old is she now?

Lillie:

Thank you Stephanie. While reading your reply, I was picturing you saying it as a cheerleader. pom poms and all.  lol

LOL. Good thing we don't live closer and go shopping together. I can be quite the cheerleader in that area too. LOL. Good for you ordering a kit. You'll have to let us know how long it takes to get here. Was 8p an order number?

Linny,

Was your boss mad that you were late? The few times this happened to me in my work history, mine were pretty good about it. Made me crazy though. LOL

Diane,

Your poor flowers! And all that work. I know they can be such stinkers trying to help. My dog up North used to bring me flowers quite often. I had no idea where she was getting them, but the roots were attached. I took my rent up to the landlord that lived in a house at the top of the drive, and she kindly mentioned that she saw my dog stealing the flowers out of her pots on the porch. Ooops! LOL. That's where she was getting them. Thank God, she was a dog lover and thought it was funny.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 8:40 PM

Lillie:

OK I bit the bullet and purchased one of Trish Burr's kits. It said it might take 2-3 weeks to get here. I don't mind waiting   8-P   The shipping was $10 from So Africa.

Good for you, Lillie!  Which one did you get?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,307
Points 113,505
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 8:41 PM

Stephanie:

Was your boss mad that you were late? The few times this happened to me in my work history, mine were pretty good about it. Made me crazy though. LOL

Nope, he was really understanding for a change.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,101
Points 66,950
Robin replied on Wed, Jun 5 2013 8:47 PM

Diane:

Robin---I want to apologize to you for giving you a hard time.  My father taught english---that doesn't change from year to year.  Same thing with speech.  The only real change he had was  to put plays on with the kids in his drama class. He actually had a stage in his classroom.  He was so stressed out during those times.  I was always amazed at all the good work he did..  With the type of job you have, you probably have to keep up to date with many things and you do handle it so well. 

Diane,  

No apology necessary.    It is just one of the differences in subject matter and times.  

Robin

Page 50 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev4849505152Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use