My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,662
Points 141,033

There is still so much to be done on this block.(prior page)  I should say wall hanging. The block itself is 20 inches and the border I've attached brings it to 32. At the speed I work it should be finished by 2015. LOL

Looks like back to fence today. And a mango pie that I didn't do last night. Hope you all have a great day too.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 10:10 AM

I put my name on the list for a set of her stencils.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 10:12 AM

normajo1030:

Stephanie:
Speaking of eggs, I think I have found the perfect avenue for peeling hard boiled eggs

Have you ladies heard of baking eggs for hard boiled?   I read about it and of course I had to try it.  You lay the eggs in cupcake pans, set oven to 325 and bake for 30 min.  I had something I was baking that needed 325, so I tried it. It worked good and they peeled great.  They do get a smal tan spot where the eggs touch the pan. You can cut it off with no problem.  It is good if you needed to make a whole lot of eggs for something.    I wouldn't  turn the oven on just for a few.   

Do you fill the tins with water and an egg? Or just lay the egg in the empty tin?

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 10:16 AM

While we were in Italy, we had no service during the day as we were away from our hotel hot spot. It was great! At night and in the mornings we would google everything we wanted to do that day and find our routes to those places, and off we'd go. Of course, we had a tiny printed map with us so we new which streets to look for. I really didn't mind not having connectivity during the daytime. Sometimes the aloneness is wonderful.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 10:19 AM

Stephanie:

Good morning everyone.

Hope your Sunday is starting off great. Linny, Happy cleaning and getting ready for the sale. Jo, I know I'm going to have to try this with the eggs.

Finally after seeming like months, I went into my sewing room last night at 7:30 or so and didn't emerge until 2 am. I could have stayed up all night, I was having such a good time. I'm going to show you just for fun....

The first is a crystal spider. This is back to my first block so it seemed right to have it be a first for a spider. The second pic I added some beading to the bare trees.

Those are beautiful Stephanie.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,157
Points 68,580
Robin replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 10:59 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Whew!  Has it been a busy weekend.  

Graduation was as wonderful as any such celebration is.  The weather was very nice not hot, no bugs which is a miracle when your sitting in the middle of a cow pasture.   The kids did a great job with their speeches and presentations.   Of course their were those people who were pretty sure that they were at a football game and carry on behaving that way.   But otherwise it was nice.  Baby girl made it through her little part of the program without a any bumps and got her honor cord and diploma without tripping.   She stayed at school for project graduation, which is a big party put on by members of the community.  It keeps all of the kids who want to stay safe and sound until morning.   I am so thankful that our community still does this, so many of the surrounding communities have quit. 

Saturday was the yard sale.  We had to start our day at 5:00 in order to get ahead of the Early bird shoppers.  When they did show up we were almost prepared, which is an accomplishment.   We did well and raised over 600 dollars.  We're getting pretty close to the final amount.  Thankful I'll be thankful to be done with that by the end of school. 

This week brings the end of another year.  And I have got to say I'm ready for it.   The kids have just about quit and have become cankerous when you expect work out of them.     I will be glad to see some of them go and hope that they never darken my door again.  However, most of them I will cherish the time apart but be overwhelming thankful to see them again in August.

Stephanie,  Your work is beautiful.   I think you are doing an awesome job.  

Lillie,  I know what you mean about getting away from technology for a while.   Sometimes it because more a trap than a tool. 

Linny,  Hope your day with Barb is productive.  

Darlene,  Hang in there my friend and remember that you are not alone in the midst of this storm.

Diane,  Hooray,  just two more rows and you are done.  What a marvelous accomplishment.

Jo,  I'd seen the thing on baking the eggs but had not tried it.  Glad to know that it works.  May need that trick next year for Culinary. 

Have a great Sunday.  Mine will be spent grading the stuff that no one want to do in the first place.   I hate grading assignments like that.  Have a Good one.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,180
Points 43,570
Diane replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 5:08 PM

Wow Stephanie.  Your work is beautiful, as usual.  You are so creative!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Lillie:

Do you fill the tins with water and an egg? Or just lay the egg in the empty tin?

You just lay the egg in the empty tin.....the idea of puting them in the cupcake pan is to keep them from rolling on the oven racks. If you lay them right you can just lay them on the oven racks.  You could make a lot of them that way.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,662
Points 141,033

Thank you everyone. Your lovely compliments help keep me motivated and inspired.

We finished the fence ang gates today. Very happy, and happy to have it out of the way as well. Gabby in her playful self tried to help with carrying the hose and next thing I knew she'd gone over to the water hose that drains the softener and yanked it right off. Looks like another home repair. LOL Just when I thought I was caught up.

Robin,

Congrat's to Keeley, and to all of you on a successful sale.    

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,517
Points 116,405
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 9:42 PM

Stephanie:

Good morning everyone.

Hope your Sunday is starting off great. Linny, Happy cleaning and getting ready for the sale. Jo, I know I'm going to have to try this with the eggs.

Finally after seeming like months, I went into my sewing room last night at 7:30 or so and didn't emerge until 2 am. I could have stayed up all night, I was having such a good time. I'm going to show you just for fun....

The first is a crystal spider. This is back to my first block so it seemed right to have it be a first for a spider. The second pic I added some beading to the bare trees.

Oh my goodness!  How beautiful.  I love your spider and the tree is just stunning.  Your work is beautiful, Stephanie.

Glad you got the fence finished.  Maybe you can train Gabby to be your helper while you're fixing the pipe, lol.  I'm glad you got to do some CQ finally.  I know it's been months for you.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,517
Points 116,405
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 2 2013 9:47 PM

Robin, congrats on making it through another school year.  Also to Keeley for making it through her graduation walk.  That's great that the community provides a place for the seniors to party safely.  Also, congrats on the garage sale.  $600 goes a long way toward your goal.  When is your last day of school?  I bet it's almost fun to go there when the kids are out...peace at last, lol.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,157
Points 68,580
Robin replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 4:58 AM

Linny t:

Robin, congrats on making it through another school year.  Also to Keeley for making it through her graduation walk.  That's great that the community provides a place for the seniors to party safely.  Also, congrats on the garage sale.  $600 goes a long way toward your goal.  When is your last day of school?  I bet it's almost fun to go there when the kids are out...peace at last, lol.  

Linny,

We go till this Friday, but the kids aren't done until 1:30 on Wednesday.   And yes it is almost fun to be there when the kids are gone. 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,157
Points 68,580
Robin replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 5:14 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

2 and 1/2 days left with kids!  Then another 21/2 to tie up loose ends.   I feeling a little frustrated right now because people keep sticking things on to the to do list for the end of the school year.   First they tacked on an inservice, which is training for teachers, now the superintent had decided to have a county wide meeting at the end of the year.   He wants to motivate all of us for the upcoming year.   All I want for motivation is time to go home.   I don't mean to sound ungrateful for  my job.  I love it.  But when I look at the calendar I'm wondering if I get a summer.  There's a 1 day two night trip to panama city for a meeting,  there's the five days in Miami for Culinary School,  there is the week in July in Nashville, with the kids, then there is three nights four days at another conference.     Sorry for complaining but I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Anyway,   let me try again.

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are off to a productive day.  We're in final exam mode at school and it is really all the kids want to do.  So motivating them to do anything else is like stirring thick mud with a rotten stick.   

I'm hoping when I get to school and count the money again and add it to what we had raised it is enough for the trip.  If not the kids are down to selling chances on a 100.00 gift card from a local merchant and business solicitations.  We elected new officers last week.

One of my most dedicated kids came in to school just to help me out.  She finished the faux painting in the culinary lab last week it looks great.    I managed to pick up a couple of pieces this week to do a decorative thing.   One thing I need to do this summer is buy enough bandanas to make table clothes for the lab.  I selected the name for the culinary business years ago, The Bandana Cafe'.    Since our Mascot is the Cowboys this kinda goes along with it without being to western.   I'm kinda going with a shabby chic country theme.  I would love input.  

Well, that's my world now if the kids will just do well on their exams.   This year should be over before I know it.  

Sorry for the crazy woman's rant at the beginning.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Jun 3 2013 3:24 PM

Darlene

I am so sorry to hear that your Mom is doing poorly.   She is such a dear.  I absolutely loved my time with her in Virginia Beach.   Tell her I am praying for her and send her a big hug.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,662
Points 141,033

Robin,

I can certainly understand the rant. There have been so many weekends and trips and evening work this year for you, and now a lot of the summer seems to be filled in too. It has to be a little frustrating to think and try to plan for any kind of vacation with everything surrounding it. Sounds like you and the kids are just over 'it" for this year.

I didn't know you were faux painting the culinary lab. That's so cool. I love the Bandana Cafe theme too. It's unique and goes well with the Cowboy Mascot theme. Like you said "Shabby Chic". You'll have to post a pic when you get things set up for it. I'd love to see it.

Hopefully the kids will catch an end of year "second wind" and do well on their exams.   

Page 47 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev4546474849Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use