My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Mon, May 13 2013 6:34 PM

Have a wonderful time Lillie---I wish I was going with you!!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,090
Points 41,770
Diane replied on Mon, May 13 2013 6:35 PM

So nice that you were able to help your sister.  I hope she loves her new digs!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 9:17 PM

Stephanie, my GS is 7 he also has Aspergers, but he is very well mannered, but his mom never let him disobey her. he was a struggle at times but she has done a wonderful job with him.  But he is also a very picky eater, he will try new things but he will tell you he dosen't think he likes it lol

[Ava, Missouri

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,020
Points 65,085
Robin replied on Tue, May 14 2013 5:42 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you have a wonderful morning and a very bright Tuesday.

Linny,

Sounds like a very productive day.   I never have understood why people wanted to tell other people what to do with their stuff.  What a treasure finding your mom's records like that.  It's very sweet of you to help Barb go through her stuff.

Stephanie,

I sympathize with you. I've taught several children with Aspergers over the years and they are very concrete people.  If you want them to do something they have to know why and then if you later defer from that standing plan you they want to know why.   A parent once explained to me like this her son who could be very loving, believed a rule was a rule for everyone, and it one person had to do it everyone had to do it and if there was any deviation from that rule then for whatever reason then the rule had been broken.     It sounds like you niece deviated from the rule but has found her way back.   So maybe the bath battle is over.

See Ya Later,

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,178
Points 111,460
Linny t replied on Tue, May 14 2013 6:41 AM

Stephanie:

Yes, I believe it is. She has a routine she seems to follow. I was pleasantly surprised when she popped up and said she'd better shower for company. Woohoo! LOL.

Linny t:
 I know what that can mean in doggie terms.  It usually means they need a bath, lol.

ROFLOL. You know it! Should have sent one of them in with my niece. LOL Two for the price of one. LOL

If she didn't you should have asked her if she would bathe the dogs.  There's no way to not get a shower by doing that, lol.

Hope you had a fun evening.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,178
Points 111,460
Linny t replied on Tue, May 14 2013 6:43 AM

Good morning everyone.  Thought I'd have time to reply to each of you, but time clock is calling me.  I hope everyone has a delightful day.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,551
Points 139,393
Stephanie replied on Tue, May 14 2013 6:44 AM

Thanks for the input everyone. We're making our way it seems. Today when she gets up we'll watch the third episode of the Trilogy. This one's about 3 1/2 hours. I like these movies too so it'll be fun. My brother and family came last night. We had a good time.

I'm thinking we may shoot for the zoo again tomorrow. Just her and I. This morning would have been a nice one to go, but Mike had too many appointments to drop him off and use the truck. She returns home on Thursday.

Leslie :
he will try new things but he will tell you he dosen't think he likes it lol

Too cute. I think they had my niece in the Odysee (sp?) program through school and her mom said that was a big help. Her mom kept mentioning that  she could be a handful. LOL. I didn't have a clue what she was talking about not having been around her growing up. It's a learning process for me and outside of the few frustrations I've enjoyed having her and hopefully will again.  

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, May 14 2013 7:44 AM

Thank you everyone for all your well wishes for our trip. I probably won't be posting any more until we return.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,178
Points 111,460
Linny t replied on Tue, May 14 2013 11:11 AM

Have fun and we'll miss you, Lillie!!!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,178
Points 111,460
Linny t replied on Tue, May 14 2013 11:19 AM

Stephanie:

Thanks for the input everyone. We're making our way it seems. Today when she gets up we'll watch the third episode of the Trilogy. This one's about 3 1/2 hours. I like these movies too so it'll be fun. My brother and family came last night. We had a good time.

I'm thinking we may shoot for the zoo again tomorrow. Just her and I. This morning would have been a nice one to go, but Mike had too many appointments to drop him off and use the truck. She returns home on Thursday.

I like that Trilogy, too.  They've been having them on the cable on and off for the past 6 months.  Every time one of them's on I turn it on.  Nice uninterrupted predictable TV watching.  I have seen them so many times I don't even have to watch, just listen.  Makes for good sewing TV, lol.

Hope your zoo plans work out for tomorrow.  It would be an excellent day to go today, but tomorrow is supposed to be the same, only slightly warmer.  It would make a nice memory for her to take home with her.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,178
Points 111,460
Linny t replied on Tue, May 14 2013 11:26 AM

Robin:
Sounds like a very productive day.   I never have understood why people wanted to tell other people what to do with their stuff.  What a treasure finding your mom's records like that.  It's very sweet of you to help Barb go through her stuff.
 I don't know either, but my daughter was a little like that when she moved into my house.  Our kids just don't value our stuff much for some reason.  I really don't mind helping her.  We "get" each other, so it's nice to spend time with her, too.  I love seeing her happy about something for a change.  It's been awhile.

Her birthday is May 27th and her daughter is throwing a big surprise birthday party for her on Memorial Day weekend.  Her son will be down from Illinois and her DD is also inviting people she used to work with, so it'll be extra special for her.   Barb just thinks it's a Memorial Day party, so it should be a grand time.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,551
Points 139,393
Stephanie replied on Tue, May 14 2013 7:02 PM

Linny t:
.   Barb just thinks it's a Memorial Day party, so it should be a grand time.

How exciting to have that secret surprise brewing. What a great family you are to arrange such a gig for her.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,020
Points 65,085
Robin replied on Wed, May 15 2013 5:13 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

One industry certification down and one to go!  Today Culinary students who are seniors and elected to will take the servsafe test.   That should be interesting.

Laurie has her appointment with the ENT today.  Daddy is going in Mommy's place so I can proctor the test.  Although she is 22 we feel like one of us needs to tag along to hear what the doctor says and ask those question we'll want answers to that she might not think to ask.

Linny,  The surprise party sounds wonderful.  What a way to start a new beginning, but surrounded by friends and family.   I bet she will love it.

Stephanie,  I hope you guys get to the zoo.  

Bon Voyge Lillie!

The little birds outside my window say let's get going so I probably should. 

Have a good one!

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,551
Points 139,393
Stephanie replied on Wed, May 15 2013 5:32 AM

Robin,

What a sweet card. Thanks for sharing it.

I hope Laurie's test goes well. I  think having one of you there shows her how much you care, and it's good that you or Don can be there to ask questions. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of what's making her feel poorly.

Congrat's on having one cert behind you and hope the seniors do well on their Safeserve test. The countdown continues...

Have a great day yourself! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,178
Points 111,460
Linny t replied on Wed, May 15 2013 6:41 AM

Robin, good luck with your senior Safeserve test.  Thanks for that sweet little card and I wish it right back to you.  I think it's wise to send one of you with Laurie.  22 is still really young.  I'm sure she appreciates the support.  I'm praying for everything to be alright with her.

Linny T

Page 34 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev3233343536Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use