rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,253
Points 134,738
Stephanie replied on Fri, May 10 2013 8:08 AM

Lillie:

I just looked at the weather predictions for Italy. boo hoo. Looks like it will be raining the first 1/2 we are there. Figures doesn't it? We'll bring rain coats and umbrellas. Not really the way I wanted to see Italy for the first time. But, we'll make the best of it.

Oh, bummer. Hopefully it'll be only partial rain days and the sun will come out some. Not sure how the rains work over there. I'm so happy for you getting to go. It would be the experience of a lifetime for me having never been out of the US. Except for a trip to the Mayan ruins. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,930
Linny t replied on Fri, May 10 2013 10:58 AM

Stephanie:
One day at a time. I don't want her to have "Aunt Steph Overwhelmus" by getting too excited and overwhelming her with too much too fast.   
LOL

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,930
Linny t replied on Fri, May 10 2013 11:00 AM

Robin:
I hope that your Friday is off to a good start.   18 more days until the kids get out of school.    I can't believe it is so close and there is still a lot left to do.  Oh well, that's the way the ball bounces.   But as I sit here looking at the calendar I think we will manage to get it all done. 
 You always do, Robin.  Cool that you're counting it down.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,930
Linny t replied on Fri, May 10 2013 11:01 AM

Lillie:

Happy Friday everyone.

I just looked at the weather predictions for Italy. boo hoo. Looks like it will be raining the first 1/2 we are there. Figures doesn't it? We'll bring rain coats and umbrellas. Not really the way I wanted to see Italy for the first time. But, we'll make the best of it.

Happy Friday to you, too, Lillie.  Darn about that weather.  Weather changes, though, so keep your hopes up.  Rain coats & umbrellas in a foreign land sounds intriguing and maybe a little romantic.  When do you leave?

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 38,355
Diane replied on Fri, May 10 2013 11:31 AM

Robin---it won't be long!  Good for you!  What are you plans for the summer?  Are you going to take it easy this year?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 38,355
Diane replied on Fri, May 10 2013 11:40 AM

I'm sure you will love it Lillie---rain or shine.  Lets hope for the best.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785
Norma Doll replied on Fri, May 10 2013 12:17 PM

Robin:
Jo,  What a scary experience!

It was very scary, Robin.  I went for the swollow test this morning and the x-ray doctor used 3 big words which meant something in my throat wasn't relaxing when it should when I am eating. He says most people just take small bites, chew well and live with it.

George got a cortizone shot in his knee. He says it doesn't feel any better yet.  We both like this doctor (the first time we had seen him.) I asked him about my right knee that I had replaced 6 yrs. ago  and he x-rayed it and said it looked fine. He gave me some arthritis cream (Voltaren Gel) and a prescription for it.  There are sure a lot of warnings about this cream; you have to measure out just a little bit and put it where it hurts. It says not to use it anywhere he didn't tell you.  George had thought he would use some of it, but after reading about it he changed his mind.  He has had 2 heart attacks and it warns not to use it if you have heart problems.

I hope you all have a good weekend.  I am going to lay down. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Stephanie:
I don't want her to have "Aunt Steph Overwhelmus" by getting too excited and overwhelming her with too much too fast.   

How old is she, Stephanie?

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,253
Points 134,738
Stephanie replied on Fri, May 10 2013 6:06 PM

normajo1030:
the x-ray doctor used 3 big words which meant something in my throat wasn't relaxing when it should when I am eating. He says most people just take small bites, chew well and live with it.

Seriously? I don't think that's what I'd want to hear if I'd choked like that.

Be careful with that Gel. Mike had some that I borrowed. I washed it off my hands and still for hours they had that burning sensation. Unfortunately I also brushed my finger across my eye as well. That stuff apparently doesn't wash off.  

Hope you have a good weekend too, and you and George get to feeling better.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,253
Points 134,738
Stephanie replied on Fri, May 10 2013 6:09 PM

normajo1030:

She's 23. I can't seem to "feed" her anything but junk food and mac and cheese. Her Mom warned me she doesn't like veggies. I've found also ham, potatoes, salad, etc, etc. Maybe tomorrow, pizza? Everyone likes pizza, don't they? LOL

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,846
Points 60,945
Robin replied on Sat, May 11 2013 7:16 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you all have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend planned for yourselves.   

I'm a little late on the getting up but I'm up and fixing to head out to the local garden center to scout out a present for my mom and I'm going to spend the morning working in the front yard.   I was going to see mom today but I think I've decided to wait until tomorrow afternoon.   That way I can get some stuff done here at the house and visit with her without sweating the small stuff.    But who knows if it starts raining I might get there today. 

Stephanie,

It sounds like you and your niece are up to some good times.   If she into the painting, drawing stuff you might lurker her into crazy quilting with a little pintangle.  Didn't know if you had thought of that.

Jo,

Don't you hate when doctor's tell you that most people just live with it.   It's like saying well it's really no big deal, but I bet it would be a big deal if they we're the ones who had that paralyzing experience of not being able to breathe.    I'm glad that you got some cream for you knee, sorry hubby's shot didn't do any good.   Believe it or not I'm actually allergic to cortisone shots.  Had one once and only once.  About 15 minutes after the shot I was walking out of the doctor's build and my throat seized up for about 15 seconds.  Couldn't take in any air at all.  Scare Donn so bad that he is the one who always makes sure when they come at me with needles for my shoulder it doesn't have cortisone in it.

Linny,

How's Barb's house coming?  Will she have to do a lot to it before she can move in?  like paint and stuff?  And when does it close and can she move in?

Diane,

How's the remaining egg? 

Lillie,

I think Italy rain or shine would be fun.  But I understand the problem with packing for all kinds of weather when traveling.   But there is something a little romantic about sitting in an Italian cafe' , watching the rain fall and writing in a journal or sketching a little scene.   I meant to tell you I wished a thousand times since Alaska I wished I had taken a journal to write and sketch in.    OOOO!  another thought just popped into my head,  you could pick up some unique post cards as you travel.  Write yourself a note on the back of them about your day.  Mail home so you have the postmark.  Then when you get home scan the cards both sides and incorporate them into a quilt.   Why didn't I think of that sooner!?!     When do you leave and will you be able to post while your gone? 

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Stephanie:
I can't seem to "feed" her anything but junk food and mac and cheese

I think a lot of that is the parents fault (just my opinion); they don't cook like our parents and grandparents did.  They take the easy/quick  way out and don't even try to make a real meal. I know they are busy with work and everything and who knows where it starts. My grandparents raised me and we lived on a farm and my grandmother was an excelent cook. I probably didn't like everything when I was little, but I learned to like things as I got older and I like to try new foods now.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,930
Linny t replied on Sat, May 11 2013 11:20 AM

Robin:

L

How's Barb's house coming?  Will she have to do a lot to it before she can move in?  like paint and stuff?  And when does it close and can she move in?

She says the closing is on Wednesday and she says she'll move as soon as she can.  She has a LOT to do in her old house, mostly because of accumulating a lot of stuff.  That and the fact that she' still very frail and her arm doesn't work all that well.  Tomorrow we're going to brunch - our kids & grandkids treat - after I'll spend the rest of the day helping her pack up some stuff.  She's got until June 1 before it will go on the market.  Sounds like a long time, but not for her in her condition.  We'll get through it.  As the time draws near I'm sure she will find it easier to break her attachment with much of her stuff.  It's overwhelming to her right now.  Hopefully we can make some real progress tomorrow.  Her son is coming down on Memorial day weekend and he's promised to do a lot of the heavy lifting.  I've reserved all next weekend for her.  I have a pickup truck, so I can help her move a lot at one time.  She's funny.  She is focusing on her craft stuff.  It's the most important thing to her and she wants to pack it before her son gets here.  I can relate to that being the most important of possessions to her.  It's the part of her stuff that is the best part of her.  

Robin, that was a fabulous idea for Lillie about the post cards.  Good luck with your day today.  Hope the weather cooperates for you.  I hope you have a really blessed Mother's day

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,930
Linny t replied on Sat, May 11 2013 11:25 AM

Stephanie:

normajo1030:

She's 23. I can't seem to "feed" her anything but junk food and mac and cheese. Her Mom warned me she doesn't like veggies. I've found also ham, potatoes, salad, etc, etc. Maybe tomorrow, pizza? Everyone likes pizza, don't they? LOL

Stephanie, I'm sure after she feels she can trust the food she'll open up to other things.  It sounded to me like she was picking sure things.  You'll probably have her trying new things before long.  Mercy, to be 23 again with your whole life ahead of you. I'm pretty sure that everyone loves pizza.  I know I do.  I haven't met anyone who doesn't yet. 

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 38,355
Diane replied on Sun, May 12 2013 12:11 AM

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!!

Robin---all the eggs died.  I hope I do better next time.

I think I'll spend a quiet Sunday, finishing up the last RR block.  This evening, I went to a small birthday party dinner at my girlfriend's home.  I naturally gave jewelry.  I hope youhave a great Sunday.

Page 32 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev3031323334Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use