rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Thu, May 9 2013 6:02 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm up and at it but had to drop in a say Hi.

Today is suppose to be just another day.  I am stepping out long enough to take some kids to the Kiwanis Club meeting today.  Hopefully all of that will go smoothly and we'll have a successful visit with them.  I am so thankful I work with some of the brightest and best.  

Stephanie,  I hope that your niece made it alright.  Having Asperbergers syndrome is so challenging and so many people do not understand the impact that it can make on a person's life to have their routine or plan disrupted.  Good luck with your photo shoot.

Linny,  I hope you are right about the things coming in threes and that today is better.   I love an hate the end of school.  The students are at the end as far as they are concerned even though there are 20 more days to go.  I've got projects running in every class.   But this end of course testing has them thinking that they are done for the year.   Oh well,  I'm just going to keep on plugging away. 

I hope you all have a great day.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Robin:

Stephanie,  I hope that your niece made it alright.  Having Asperbergers syndrome is so challenging and so many people do not understand the impact that it can make on a person's life to have their routine or plan disrupted.  Good luck with your photo shoot.

Thanks Robin, She did make it, but her luggage didn't. We finally got home this morning at 3 am by the time we stood in line to fill out the forms to have it delivered and got something to eat. The pieces all made it beck. I, thank goodness, won't have to be there personally for her photo shoot. I'm just zonked...

Hope you enjoy your day and the Kiwanis Club visit with the kids.   

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Linny t:
Jo, haven't heard from you in awhile.  

I really don't know where the time goes; I haven't been doing anything special, but time is flying by.  I have the second "cat quilt" done and ready to take to the quilter. There is no need to post a picture of it since it is so similar to the first one.....maybe after it is quilted.     

Tuesday morning when I was eating my breakfast of cereal and milk, I got choked really bad.  I couldn't breathe or anything (it seemed like a long time), I finally took a sip of water and was ok.  George just sat there and looked at me; I told him he had better learn the himleak (sp) lol  so he could save me.  I called the ENT doctor that stretched my throat and they had me come in that afternoon.  He says he thinks it was a throat spasm since it has only been 2 weeks since he did the procedure.  I told him it seems like the food is right at the top/back of my throat when this happens. He said the part they stretched was down close to my stomach and that I would feel it in the top of my throat even tho' it was down much lower where it was sticking.    I find that very hard to believe!!  He is suppose to be the best ENT  in town and has been for years.  I have to go to the hospital Friday a.m. to have another barium swollow tests.  I will be glad when that is over.  I go back to him on Tues. 14th to get the results.  I told his receptionest that all "old people" get done is run to the doctor.     George has an appointment this afternoon with an orthopedic doctor to check out his left knee. It has been hurting him real bad when he walks.  He likes to walk when he plays golf, but he has been riding this week.  Diane, do you have any ideas about my choking, since you are a nurse?

It is 11:00 and I haven't got a thing done this morning; I am not even dressed.  I didn't get up till 8:30. I should have stayed up at 5:30 when I let Sammy out. 

Robin, I am glad your daughters test was good!!

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

normajo1030:
weeks

I meant 2 months not weeks.

I am glad your niece made it, Stephanie.  I can't imagine dog sitting a mountain dog with all your other animals.  Aren't they BIG dogs?  It will be interesting to see how it goes.    

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Thu, May 9 2013 11:12 AM

Stephanie:
I know she has to be. I don't know if I mentioned she has Asperbergers syndrome. I don't know how things like this flight mix up settle in her mind. I'm just praying she made it on the right flight.  Thanks for the well wishes on the project too. For more stressful. LOL, you won't believe it but one of our customers called Mike and he commited us to Dog sit her Mountain Dog here for the weekend. 5 dogs, a cat, and a guest. ROFLOL.   Good thing Becca likes animals. 
 I think you did mention it.  I'm glad she got to Florida safe and sound.  What an ordeal.  I suppose it's a blessing she will be there while you're babysitting the Mountain Dog.  4 home dogs with a stranger could prove to be a little more than one person would like to try alone, lol.  Gotta love your DH, right?  

I'm glad you don't have to be at the photo shoot.  What a relief.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Thu, May 9 2013 11:15 AM

Hi, Jo.  Wow, that must be scary to have that feeling of not being able to breath.  I hope they fix it right this time.  What an ordeal to have to go through.  As far as not getting up until 8:30, well, you probably needed the rest.  Everyone needs a jammie day once in awhile.  Good to hear from you.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Thu, May 9 2013 11:18 AM

Robin:
Today is suppose to be just another day.  I am stepping out long enough to take some kids to the Kiwanis Club meeting today.  Hopefully all of that will go smoothly and we'll have a successful visit with them.  I am so thankful I work with some of the brightest and best.  
 I think the Kiwanis Club is a really fine organization.  By the way, I have a niece that volunteers for the Kiwanis because someone like you took her to visit them once when she was in school.  Good luck with your visit...and with convincing the kids that schools not actually already over.  They're all already dreaming of their summer.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 2:51 PM

Jo, that all sound so scary. Sometimes when I drink and try to breath at the same time (not a good idea) I start choking. Then I look up at the ceiling, or sky, and it opens up my throat and I stop choking. Don't know if that will help with your situation, but it works for me.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,341
Points 113,595
Linny t replied on Thu, May 9 2013 4:02 PM

Lillie:
Jo, that all sound so scary. Sometimes when I drink and try to breath at the same time (not a good idea)
LOL, Lillie, that's funny.  I didn't know the part about looking up.  I will try this next time I do that.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, May 9 2013 11:43 PM

Normajo-- so sorry to hear that you had that scary experience.  I would believe what your doctor is saying.  He has probably seen this hundreds of times before and he's good at what he does.   It could be a one time thing--hopefully.  Good think the water helped.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,118
Points 67,365
Robin replied on Fri, May 10 2013 5:14 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that your Friday is off to a good start.   18 more days until the kids get out of school.    I can't believe it is so close and there is still a lot left to do.  Oh well, that's the way the ball bounces.   But as I sit here looking at the calendar I think we will manage to get it all done. 

I am looking for to the weekend and a little outdoor time, provide the weather will cooperate.  It not I'll guess I'll just have to work on .... stitching something.

Jo,  What a scary experience!  I hope that you can get some help with it and that hubbies knee will be better soon.

Diane,  It is so good to see and hear from you.

Stephanie,  I bet she was beat when you got her home.   I know that all that frustrated did not do her a lot of good. 

To each and every one of you I wish you a very happy Friday!

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, May 10 2013 5:46 AM

Happy Friday everyone.

I just looked at the weather predictions for Italy. boo hoo. Looks like it will be raining the first 1/2 we are there. Figures doesn't it? We'll bring rain coats and umbrellas. Not really the way I wanted to see Italy for the first time. But, we'll make the best of it.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, May 10 2013 7:23 AM

normajo1030:
I got choked really bad.

Jo, I'm so sorry to hear this. Mike's had that same condition and had his throat stretched several times. His closes off like this and he can't swallow or bring up his food. It just sits there tight in his throat, sometimes for hours until it will finally go up or down. Horrible. It doesn't affect his breathing like being choked to where he can't draw a breath so. You must have been so frightened. I hope they can find the cause, and that if it's a spasm it won't continue.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, May 10 2013 7:48 AM

normajo1030:
I can't imagine dog sitting a mountain dog with all your other animals.  Aren't they BIG dogs?  It will be interesting to see how it goes.    

Oh Jo, I don't know what he was thinking. This weekend of all weekends. He just doesn't know how to say no. They are big dogs! When we were there working it was a pup and it's face was already at table top level. It's a beautiful, sweet dog and fortunately raised with children and a cat, but it will be interesting. My dogs are very social with other dogs as a rule. As long as this one hasn't turned aggressive we'll be ok. We've had them around all kinds of dogs with Paul's girlfriends and company is always invited to bring theirs so they can run around the yard and play toys.  

My niece and I are getting along famously. She has a wonderfully witty sense of humor. We stopped by the grocery yesterday and picked up her favorite foods. She was tickled when I used my new cabinet space for her own "treat" counter. That way she won't have to search through cabinets to find what she wants.   Mike liked the idea so much, he wants to incorporate it into an all time thing. "Not happening." LOL . At our ages, the last thing we need is to have all that stuff in our view.  Every time I pass by there I have to have another Frito, or a donut. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, May 10 2013 8:03 AM

Robin:
18 more days until the kids get out of school.

Woohoo! The countdown, finally, huh?

I hope the weekend is nice too. The mornings have been so beautiful. It would be nice if that continues. I'd like to get out and do some too before the strapping heat takes over. I've been so busy through the nicest part of our cooler weather that I haven't really had time to enjoy it. Just a couple more days. That's all I need. LOL 

Robin:
I bet she was beat when you got her home.   I know that all that frustrated did not do her a lot of good. 

We were all just whipped. She really took it all in good stride. I'm getting such a kick out of her. I came home from work yesterday and asked her how her day went. She said she took a time out and read her book in her room. She said she had "Doggus Overwhelmus" for a bit. LOL. I can imagine. LOL

Not sure what the day will bring. I have today off, and she's expressed an interest in art and painting, so we may bring out some watercolors and play. I still have lots of art supplies, and I'm still hoping once I show her CQ it may spark an interest. One day at a time. I don't want her to have "Aunt Steph Overwhelmus" by getting too excited and overwhelming her with too much too fast.   

• Post Points: 35
Page 31 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev2930313233Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use