My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,108
Points 110,315
Linny t replied on Fri, May 3 2013 3:41 PM

Robin, it has seemed like your area was wet this whole entire week.  Hope it dries out for your sale.  That little mouse is so cute.  I was just thinking that I probably felt like that this morning, but now I feel more like Wile E.Coyote after a day with the Road Runner...just thankful it's over :)

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318

Robin,

So good to hear the promising news about Laurie. Hope the kids weren't up to too much mischief while you were away.

The little mouse TGIF is so cute!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,983
Points 64,200
Robin replied on Sat, May 4 2013 6:38 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your day is off to a bright start. 

I'm a little mif with the weather right this minute.   We cancelled our yard sale because of a large weather band and a 70 percent chance of rain.  And although there are clouds in the sky there doesn't seem to be the much chance that it's going to actually rain.  According to the Weather Channel it's down to a 20 percent this morning.  So I'm feeling a little stupid for canceling.   But part of the factor was if it looked like it was going to rain and it was wet like it is people wouldn't be out milling around in it.  

Prom is tonight.   So in a way it's good we cancelled.  The kids will be able to focus on their big night and not we tired and worn out from the yard sale.  Sunburned and all.  

Anyway today is catch up day for the house, school and anything else that is a mess.   I'd better get up and get started.  I need to get on it. 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,108
Points 110,315
Linny t replied on Sat, May 4 2013 7:14 AM

Robin, sounds like a blessing that there won't be a garage sale today.  Those kids will have time to get perfect for the big night.  Prom night...how exciting.  Have a happy day.

I don't know exactly what I'll be doing today.  Chores I guess.  I want to shop a little, too.  We'll see where the line gets drawn.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,983
Points 64,200
Robin replied on Sat, May 4 2013 8:38 PM

Thought I would share some prom pictures with all of you.

Keeley and two of her best buds.

My baby girl.  Keeley!

Anyway as you can see it was a busy day.

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318

Robin,

Keeley looks absolutely gorgeous. The dress fits so beautifully, it looks like it was made especially for her. I hope she had a great time!

Sorry to be awol yesterday. I had a college graduation and a wedding back to back. We had a great time at both. Sorry to hear your sale had to be canceled. The weather has been so unpredictable. Paul's happy with the rain as it helps put an end to the brush fire season we get here. Hope you're able to regroup the sale and make tons of money for the kids.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 9,115

Robin:
some prom pictures

She is beautiful, Robin!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,983
Points 64,200
Robin replied on Sun, May 5 2013 7:03 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks for the compliments about Keeley,  I'm afraid I will just have to agree with all of you.  She is beautiful.  Sorry a bit of proud Mama slipping through the cracks..

Stephanie,  I'm proud for the rain to,  everyone is Florida I think is tired of being dry and I'm sure that Paul is thankful with his line of work.     So how was the graduation and the wedding?   You are a diligent soul I don't think I could have done both.   To many souls in one day for me.   I think sometimes I'm becoming a hermit which is probably not a good thing.

Today I will climb back on that mountain of work I was suppose to tackle yesterday and see how much I can conquer.  Seems like I just jumped through the old catch up all the grading hoop and now I'm back at it.

I did give up on it last night and sit down and stitch on my Country Cottage Square number 2.   I think I finished it.  I posted in the applique section so I'm calling it done.  Now I'll have to resist starting another one until my school work is caught up. 

Have a beautiful Sunday.  The sun is already shining here so maybe it will stay out a while.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, May 5 2013 8:20 AM

What a beautiful woman in a stunning dress. Robin, you must be so proud.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,058
Points 41,265
Diane replied on Sun, May 5 2013 1:42 PM

Your daughter looks so pretty Robin.  Beautiful for the prom!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,108
Points 110,315
Linny t replied on Sun, May 5 2013 5:43 PM

Robin, Keeley is absolutely stunning!  She could be a model!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,108
Points 110,315
Linny t replied on Sun, May 5 2013 5:50 PM

Robin, I suppose a teacher's work is never done, right?  Hope you got caught up.

Today was a beautiful day.  We had a little cold front come by and the temps were in the high 70's.  I didn't run my AC all day.  I hope it stays for awhile.  I did yard work until 1.  After lunch I showered and went to Michaels and the grocery store.  Came home and put the food up, made dinner and now I can't believe it's almost 7PM.  Time flies when you're having fun, I guess.  The yard looks really good, though.  After mowing I did a lot of trimming.  I can see my house again, lol.

Hope everyone had a great Sunday.  Tomorrow's back to work.  That is if I can move in the morning.  My muscles are already complaining.  It was worth it, though.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318

Robin:
So how was the graduation and the wedding?   You are a diligent soul I don't think I could have done both.   To many souls in one day for me.   I think sometimes I'm becoming a hermit which is probably not a good thing.

Have to admit the graduation was a little grueling and drawn out. And I could have done without the long fast walk we had from the parking lot to the auditorium in the heeled shoes I was wearing, but it was worth it to see the joy on Paul's girls face to know we cared enough to come and to meet her Dad. She's just a sweetheart. The wedding was beautiful and so well thought out. We had a great time reuniting with all of Paul's High School buddies and their parents. We stayed until about 9 and that was it for these old fogies. LOL . I hear ya about the hermit, and I think I am for the most part. LOL. I know I could never have the kind of energy to attend all of the events you do...

I hope your day went well and you got caught up. It was good to hear you took a little time to work on your Country Cottage block, I'm going to have to pop over and look at the pic's....

Hope you had a beautiful Sunday too.... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318

Linny t:

Today was a beautiful day.  We had a little cold front come by and the temps were in the high 70's.  I didn't run my AC all day.  I hope it stays for awhile.  I did yard work until 1.  After lunch I showered and went to Michaels and the grocery store.  Came home and put the food up, made dinner and now I can't believe it's almost 7PM.  Time flies when you're having fun, I guess.  The yard looks really good, though.  After mowing I did a lot of trimming.  I can see my house again, lol.

It really was a beautiful day. Not sure our temps were as nice as yours, but still pleasant to be out..You had a really productive day and hope you aren't aching too bad tomorrow from all the yard work. We've had gardenia's and jasmine blooming this week. Such heavenly fragrance.... How's your jasmine doing? 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,983
Points 64,200
Robin replied on Mon, May 6 2013 5:32 AM

Hooray,

It's May the 6th and the kids last day is June the 5th with one day off in between for Memorial Day.   We are now in the final count down for the last month of school!   And yesterday the sun came out which reminded me there is a one.  

Thank you ladies for the nice compliments about my daughter.   She had a great evening and a lot of fun.  It is so nice having a kid tell you  everything they did and not worrying what their leaving out.   We have been extremely blessed with that from both of our daughters.  

The Chancellor of some division of education is coming today at 4:00 to share with us why Common Core is so important.   Donn and I have decided that we have an appointment to keep.   I don't know why people think that someone with a title is going to do more to convince us we need to be involved in this than the principal of the school.   I mean when the principal who is my boss says this is important and this is what were going to do that's enough for me.   Now if they want to get someone like Mark Harmon or Tim McGraw to come explain it to me that would be another matter.

Stephanie,  How sweet of you to go to the graduation.   I'm sure she really appreciated it.   Sounds like this one might be the keeper.  Weddings that are well planned and full of friends are so much fun.

Linny,  I'm so jealous you got to spend time in your yard.  My front flower bed still looks terrible.  I've got to get to it.  But I'm delighted you had such a beautiful and productive day.

Diane, Lillie, Jo and Darlene,   Did you do anything extra exciting this weekend?

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Page 29 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev2728293031Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use