My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 2:26 PM

Linny--I haven't done a RR with 6 people but it might be worth a try!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 2:34 PM

I can sit this one out. I'll just watch on the sidelines. No worries.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,910
Linny t replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 2:49 PM

Before we all start trying to figure who's not doing it, I think we should see if Darlene still wants to.  Darlene, are you out there?  Do you still want to do the RR with us this time around?

Lillie, I've been prepared to sit this one out from the beginning.  I'd rather you all have the fun of it.  I'm so busy these days anyways it would actually be better for me, if we decide 6 is too many.  I really think we should give 6 people a try.  The only thing that would happen is that we'd each have a smaller space to cover - and not by much - 1/5th instead of 1/4th.  What does everyone think?

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,910
Robin replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 4:39 PM

I say the more the merrier .    But remember I said from the beginning I would sit out and I still will.   I've got a long to do list.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 5:00 PM

I think if we have 6 people, we could make a slightly bigger block.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,910
Linny t replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 6:14 PM

Sounds good to me, Diane.

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 23,435

Linny t:
 Darlene, are you out there?

I have had technical issues and was unable to get my e-mail on my phone for almost 2 weeks.  I can't tell you the last time I opened the lap top before tonight. 

I broke down and got a new phone Saturday and am still trying to figure out how to use it.  I am signed up to take a class to learn about this phone but that is not until next week and it has been a challenge.  When I get everything worked out, I should be able to respond to the site from my phone.  In the meantime, I at least finally got caught up on the massive amount of posts that I had missed.

I am still interested in the RR and hope that you are willing to have me participate.  I am looking forward to this challenge and have drawn a plan for my purse.  I am modifying a pattern to enlarge the finished project to better suit my needs.  I think it will be within the size you are planning.  I have begun to gather my fabrics and once I finalize my changes I will be able to start piecing.  I am hoping to have all pieces come from one "block" but I will draw the pattern on the back so that people know where to stitch.

Been busy stitching all kinds of "stuff" for the first show of the season.  I am going to a community day fare Mother's Day weekend.  It is Saturday, May 11 and should be a good day. I have been sewing like crazy to get ready and hope that I am able to get everything ready I want.  This is a couple hours away so I can't call home and ask someone to bring me something if I don't have it.  I have done this before and found it to be a good event.

My washer has stopped and I need to get the clothes into the dryer and get back to sewing.

I will try to stay in touch better.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,910
Robin replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 5:38 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I am up and at it on this busy day.  If I can get through today the last of the week should be a piece of cake.  Today we have banquet and I have to spend the day that the middle school visiting with the classes and telling them about my program.   I hope to recruit enough kids to keep my schedule as is.    

Have to be quick this morning since I need to get to school as early as possible.

Darlene,  Sorry to here you had technical issues but glad that's all it was.   Good luck with your sale I hope it's a big success.  One of our little shops in town that is doing hand crafted jewelry is closed their shop and sending people through etsy because their having so much better luck on that sight that in running a shop.   Are you having similar experience?  I just wondered.   I guess esty opens them up to a wider market .

I think we ought to try as many as we think wants to give it a whirl.   The only difference I see is that it will simply take longer to get your busy back but realistically that's not a big deal.   Since this is really a project without a deadline.  

Anyway got to run.   Have a great day.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 7:13 AM

I'm good with however many people want to participate.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,910
Linny t replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 11:27 AM

Darlene:
I broke down and got a new phone Saturday and am still trying to figure out how to use it.  I am signed up to take a class to learn about this phone but that is not until next week and it has been a challenge.  When I get everything worked out, I should be able to respond to the site from my phone.  In the meantime, I at least finally got caught up on the massive amount of posts that I had missed.
 These are such learning curves with the new phones.  They can do so much it's hard to absorb it all.  That they offer classes for it says it all.  Good to hear from you!

Darlene:
I am still interested in the RR and hope that you are willing to have me participate.  I am looking forward to this challenge and have drawn a plan for my purse.  I am modifying a pattern to enlarge the finished project to better suit my needs.  I think it will be within the size you are planning.  I have begun to gather my fabrics and once I finalize my changes I will be able to start piecing.  I am hoping to have all pieces come from one "block" but I will draw the pattern on the back so that people know where to stitch.
 We are looking forward to your being in on it, Darlene.  Sounds like you're right on top of it.

Darlene:

Been busy stitching all kinds of "stuff" for the first show of the season.  I am going to a community day fare Mother's Day weekend.  It is Saturday, May 11 and should be a good day. I have been sewing like crazy to get ready and hope that I am able to get everything ready I want.  This is a couple hours away so I can't call home and ask someone to bring me something if I don't have it.  I have done this before and found it to be a good event.

My washer has stopped and I need to get the clothes into the dryer and get back to sewing.

You sew, girl!  Good luck with the Mother's Day sale.  Speaking of mothers, how is yours?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,910
Linny t replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 11:29 AM

Robin:
I think we ought to try as many as we think wants to give it a whirl.   The only difference I see is that it will simply take longer to get your busy back but realistically that's not a big deal.   Since this is really a project without a deadline.  
 Me, too.  The more the merrier, right?

Have a good day with your banquet and good luck recruiting at the middle school.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,845
Points 60,910
Robin replied on Wed, May 1 2013 5:50 AM

Good Morning Friends,

I hope you all had a wonderful day.   We are on the backside of a very busy day for all of us.   Banquet went well as did the recruiting process.   Was very blessed by all the help from my students.   I think everyone had an excellent time.

Not real sure what kind of school day were going to have since I am very tired and unprepared but we'll muttle through some how.  

Got run and get dress running late again this morning !  

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, May 1 2013 6:25 AM

Glad that everything went well for you Robin.

Today is Wed, May 1. We have 5-inches of new snow on the ground! I believe we are over 120% snow pack for the year. That is a good thing. I think all the buds on my flowering plants and trees will not make it. Though, it is 32 outside right now. I think this is the warmest it's going to get today. I put out hummingbird feeders the other day. They are completely covered in snow. Poor birdies. We don't have any leaves on the trees and I have no idea where they are nesting.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, May 1 2013 8:11 AM

I have to share this with you. It's so sweet.

My DH is such a wonderful person. This morning he went out to shovel the snow. He feed the birds. Made sure there was a path in the snow for the ducks to get under the bird feeder. Then went out on our back deck and cleared the snow off the hummingbird feeders cuz he knew I was worried about the hummers. 

And the temps just keep on dropping.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,250
Points 134,693

Lillie,

That is just the sweetest thing for him to do. I hope the temps don't drop so much that all is lost for the spring buds and flowers.

Darlene,

Great to have you back. I can relate to the new phone thing. I got an Iphone 5 recently and have been plinking my way through trying to learn it. I have to say it's a lot more user friendly than my other one. Like Linny said, "That they offer classes says it all." LOL.   

Looking forward to having you join us. I'm in the more the merrier mode myself.

How exciting reading about your Mother's Day event. Hope you sell everything!

Robin,

Happy to hear the banquet went well. And that you had help from the kids. Hope you get a sudden burst of energy to help you thru.

Diane,

I'm up for a bigger block size too. Whatever anyone decides.

Page 27 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev2526272829Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use