rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318
Stephanie replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 8:11 AM

Linny t:
I'm calling it Victorian Charm.  I also think it'd be fun if we use Robin's idea for the journals, with pics of things we "see" for our pieces in the front.  It goes with Robin's Garden idea, it was one of the ideas on Lillie's list and the bags Stephanie and I are making.

Sounds great to me. Lots of lovely thoughts have pondered with the definitions of charm.

May 1st date works for me to start the block assembly. This is going to be fun.

WTG Nate on winning and scoring a goal. And Barb! How cool is that to find a place with skylights and furnished. I'm happy for her!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 9:20 AM

Linny,

What great news about Barb's new digs. You'll have to take pics and post them for us to ooh and aah over.  lol

I'm great with starting in May and mailing June 1-ish.  I'm hoping you'll post additional info about the blocks in the new thread. I'm still leaning towards an unusual shaped wall hanging (which will hang on my table-so it will be small-ish).

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 9:21 AM

WTG Nate!!!

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 9:22 AM

I joined the Stitchin Fingers site. What a fun place to go and look around. Thanks Linny for posting info about them.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,987
Points 64,295
Robin replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 11:14 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I know some of you may be looking at this post and think I slept in this late.   No such luck.   I actually got up a little after 6 when my phone went off on a message from Keeley.  She had Grad Bash last night.  Text at 6 saying that they had just entered Madison County.    I was awake anyway so I got up greet her and she tumbled into bed.  I've got one tired "baby bug".     Anyway,  I started grading papers after that and have just set down at the computer to enter grades.   Thought I'd better check in and make sure I wasn't missing anything.    Wow!  Was I wrong.   Stephanie remodeled an entire room, Nate scored a goal,  Barb bought a house and RR two has a theme.

I love the Victorian Charm idea.   I think if will allow for enough flexibility that everyone can fit their plans in it.  

I will strive for the June 1 deadline but I may be a week behind that .   Finals falls in that week so I'm not sure what that means.   Alot will have to do with how well I keep up with my stuff.   I'll shoot for it.

I love and hate the end of school.   I love the fact it's the end.   I hate how much gets crammed into it.   This week was Grad Bash, banquets for one thing or another,  next weekend is Prom,  in less than a month is seniors last days, and graduation.   Top that with testing (yes, it's still going on),  sign up and recruitment for classes next year, plus just school itself and top that with the fundraising I'm in the middle of and all I can say is WHEW!

Linny,  Congrats to Nate,  Hope there was ice cream for the goal!   and to Barb who impresses me as a woman who knows her mind.

Stephanie,  WTG on the cabinets.  I wish we worked as fast as you do.

While off to enter grades.  Progress Reports go out Friday.   Laurie's appointment is Thursday but there is not fears here. 

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 12:40 PM

Robin, it made me exhausted to read what all you have in front of you!  How in the world do you keep up with it all and still manage to have a life?  As with the last RR, I don't think we are so rigid with any of it.  I'm sure people will need more time here and there being summer and all.  Don't worry about it one little bit.

Nate didn't get ice cream.  He got Hungry Howie's with his team mates :)  Barb is a woman who knows her own mind.  She's been a role model to me for as long as I can remember.  While she was going through chemo, I was helping her with some lifting in her craft room.  We came across her HS grad. picture.  I just touched it like I was stroking her face and asked her if she knew I always looked up to her and wanted to be like her.  She said she never realized that.  It was a sweet, tender moment for us sisters.  She is an amazing woman.  

Good luck with grading and all.  Hope you find some time to just be today.  You are like Super Teacher in my book, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 12:41 PM

Lillie:

I joined the Stitchin Fingers site. What a fun place to go and look around. Thanks Linny for posting info about them.

You're quite welcome, Lillie.  I love that site, too.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,060
Points 41,275
Diane replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 5:43 PM

Linny---it's so exciting that your sister fell in love with the home.  I hope that she has many wonderful years there!  I fell in love right away with the house that I bought.  It's a great feeling.  So great that she got a good deal too!

I like the theme Victorian Charm.  Do we know who will be in it yet?

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,987
Points 64,295
Robin replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 4:46 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It's back to the Salt Mines for me today.   And it's going to be a crazy week.   In addition to teaching my classes I have to visit with the incoming 9th graders for a day,  host a banquet,  prepare for a Kiwanis Club meeting and a yard sale.   Fun, Fun, Fun.    Thank the Lord for great kids.  They make it fun.

Linny,  Thanks for the well wishes yesterday.   I did sit down about 2:00 and say I'm done.  Spent the rest of the afternoon stitching on my second country cottage block.

Diane,  I think just about everyone is in for the rr.   Have you decided what your going to do with your block?  I mean what it will become when we're finished with it.

Ladies, please pray for the student that I told you about last week.  I haven't heard from her since that night and she hasn't been at school.   I'm not worried because I think her family is in the process of moving but I would feel better if she would show up or call and let me know she is ok.  

Remember it's Monday,  Your day!  Hope it's one filled with joy and many sweet stitches. 

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,120

Lillie:
But I wanted to show it

Your block is beautiful, Lillie! I don't do any of that thread work or ribbon embroidery. I started the ribbon embroidery once, but I guess I wasn't enthralled with it so I quit.

George and I went to Ohio on Sat., early a.m. and came back late Sun., so I am behind on all the posts. I had 205 emails to start this morning. I deleted a whole lot of them and still had a lot to get through.   We went to Ohio for my great-granddaughters "First Communion".  George and I aren''t Catholic, but I used to be. It was a real nice ceremony. The little girls all looked so pretty in their white dresses and vails and the boys were handsome in their suits. They had 30 all together. We always stay at the Red Roof Inn when we go to Canton and I was so surprised the lady remembered our name. We hadn't been there for over a year, because we had just been going up and  back in one day.  I told her I didn't think they gave us our AARP discount and she said they didn't give them when there was something going on in town. But she said, "I think I have a coupon that I can use."  The coupon took the price of the room from $94 to $45 plus tax.  I thought that was so nice of her. Sat. was our 10th wedding anniversary. George bought him a $400.00 set of golf clubs while we were in Canton.  I was so happy he bought them, because he never will spend anything on himself.  I told him it was his anniversary gift to himself.

Someone asked about my wall hangings......they are up and I think I like them. We will leave them until we get tired of them of find something we like better. 

Well, I have to get off here; it is almost 11:00 and I am not even dressed. I forgot to tell you......we left Sammy in the house while we were gone and the minute we opened the door he ran outside. I stayed up till 12:30 and he still wasn't by the door to come in so I left him out. (the first time he has spent the night outside."  This morning I picked him up and was trying to "love" him and he got mad and started grabing my legs and biting me. He hasn't done that for a long time. I don't know if he was mad that we left him or mad that he was out all night.  Who knows with a cat.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 11:30 AM

Diane:
Do we know who will be in it yet?

Stephanie, Robin, Lillie and Darlene and you if you want to.  I haven't heard from Darlene in awhile, so I don't know if she still wants to.  (Hope everything is okay with her). I forget that your password issue kept you out of touch for awhile.  Are you in, too?  

I figured I'll be the 5th person if one is needed.  Have you ever done one with more than 5 people?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 11:56 AM

Hi, Jo.  I was wondering where you were.  Glad you were able to get out of town for a couple of days.  I grew up Catholic and had a first communion where I wore the veil and dress and all.  Mom threw a big party at our house and everyone gave me money.  They made such a fuss over it and it made me feel really special.  I'm sure your great-granddaughter felt extra special to have you and George there to help celebrate.  How cool you got to stay for less than half price.  Now I bet George will be making you a golf widow getting used to his new clubs, lol.  Happy Anniversary to both of you!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,060
Points 41,275
Diane replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 2:09 PM

Hi Everyone

I could be in the RR if you need me. I have an idea to make a fan.  I would love to do a fan quilt one day.  It's a great way to use fabrics.  I would probably frame it or add more. It seems like one is not enough to frame.  Or maybe a pillow.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 2:18 PM

I found this sweet little free e-book I thought some of you might enjoy.

http://bustleandsew.com/tutorials/my-gift-for-you-simple-stitchery-a-little-embroidery-primer/

I found it through Craft Gossip.  They have a daily newsletter with links and pics to various crafty websites.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 2:20 PM

Diane:

Hi Everyone

I could be in the RR if you need me. I have an idea to make a fan.  I would love to do a fan quilt one day.  It's a great way to use fabrics.  I would probably frame it or add more. It seems like one is not enough to frame.  Or maybe a pillow.

Well then why don't you do this one and I'll sit it out.  Have you ever done a RR with 6 people in it?  I suppose it's just a matter of the percentage of block you do.

Linny T

Page 26 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev2425262728Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use