This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 5:48 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Robin:

I saw that movie too.   I guess I'm a hopeless romantic because I liked it.

Robin

I also have a big crush on Matthew Mcconaughey, so maybe that's why I liked it.

It's Wednesday and it's been a long day already, had a hard time sleeping with my head all stuff up.   I did good the first part of the night but then I guess whatever, Donn gave be wore off and I was flipping and flopping to keep my head open.   I couldn't take more because I didn't know what he gave me and I don't like to mix to many meds. Oh well, it's Wednesday which means I have only three classes and one of them is culinary who is finishing soups today.   So not a bad day.  

I've decided to be bad and take tomorrow off.   That will give me Thursday, Friday, part of Saturday and Sunday to do what I want to do.   It's really not a good time for me to take off but I've come to the conclusion there is no good time.   I'm just really tired and don't feel perky and need a break.    I need a hookey day!    Hopefully it will all work out.   

Diane,  I know you said the quilt was hard to stitch through a while back but I want to encourage you to hang in there.  This guy is so lucky to have found you to quilt his quilt and is going to be so excited to get it.  

Darlene,  I know your peaking in every now and then.  I hope things are going well for you and Tim.  

Jo,  I hope you are alright too.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 10:06 AM

Robin:

Me too! He's a charmer. I don't think there's been a movie of his that I haven't liked.

Hope your day goes well, and take that Hookey day! Every now and then we just need one. And on the cusp of a long weekend even better! I would have like to have had one today. LOL

Happy wednesday to you too. Love the quilt block expression. Looking forward to getting back and doing some.

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 10:21 AM

Oh my, my, what a day so far. Mike woke up like a whirling dervish this morning, and I woke up in a fog. The two don't make for a good combination. LOL.

Working from home today. A new customer cabinet project. So some prep work and spraying base coat on. And some bookwork. Trying to wrap my head around that but not so successful so far.

Yesterday I got the counter top on the cabinets and a coat of urethane. Still need to add the trim piece, but have to wait for a new battery for my nail gun. That should be here tomorrow. Couple more coats of clear urethane after that and then pile on the decor. I've lined the shelfs and things are finding a home. Phew, that was a lot of work, in my "spare time". I enjoyed it though.

Robin,

I forgot to mention so sorry about your sinuses. A while back I tried the alka seltzer plus orange flavored. It was pleasant and cleared my symptoms and I slept like a rock, with no side effects. I gave one to my sis in law and she raved about it too.  They make a day and night formula. Don't know if it will work for you, just thought I'd mention it.

Have a great day everyone!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 11:32 AM

Stephanie:
Yesterday I got the counter top on the cabinets and a coat of urethane. Still need to add the trim piece, but have to wait for a new battery for my nail gun. That should be here tomorrow. Couple more coats of clear urethane after that and then pile on the decor. I've lined the shelfs and things are finding a home. Phew, that was a lot of work, in my "spare time". I enjoyed it though.
 That's a lot of progress for 1 day!

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 11:39 AM

Stephanie:

Robin:

Me too! He's a charmer. I don't think there's been a movie of his that I haven't liked.

I listened to an interview with him on NPR yesterday.  He's quite funny, too.  He has an interesting relationship with his family, especially his mother.  He is a cutie.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 11:42 AM

Robin:
I've decided to be bad and take tomorrow off.   That will give me Thursday, Friday, part of Saturday and Sunday to do what I want to do.   It's really not a good time for me to take off but I've come to the conclusion there is no good time.   I'm just really tired and don't feel perky and need a break.    I need a hookey day!    Hopefully it will all work out.   
 Good for you, Robin.  I call those "metal health" days, lol.  You only live once.  Did the girl come back to school today?

Today is Administrative Professionals day, according to my calender.  If you know one, be nice to them.  If you are one, you have my sympathy and empathy, lol.

Happy Wednesday; everyone!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 6:55 AM

Good for you Robin. Everyone needs to play hookey once in a while.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 7:24 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm up, still  in my PJ and glad I took the day off.   Last night I felt terrible and I had to face goblins today after all of that I might have been not so nice.  

Plans for today is work on quilting the t-shirt quilt for that student.   And a few little household chores not much. 

I also want to get caught up on my picture posting for quilts and thinks.  

I hope you all have a terrific day!

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 9:59 AM

Robin--so glad you are taking a day for yourself.  We all need that especially someone who has a busy job like you do.  Enjoy!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 11:30 AM

Good for you, Robin.  I hope you have a fantastic day, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 7:17 PM

I posted the bom for May in the Media.  I had a productive but simple day.

I hope that you all had a great day.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Apr 25 2013 9:14 PM

Robin---could you write something in the comment section so I could easily find your block.  I am challenged.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 4:36 AM

Happy Hookey Day Robin. And TGIF to everyone.

Lots to do today. Hoping not to be called away from my work at home to have to go into the job where the guys are working so I can progress on a customer cabinet job. I'm a day behind with Mike being gone. Yesterday I was all over the place getting the guys set up. I've been trying to get some things caught up around here too. I'm much more productive that way when Mike's out of the house. 

Hope that all of you enjoy your day....

Loved your May block Robin. Posted a comment in media for you.....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 5:37 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

First of all thank you for all the lovely comments on my block.  Diane I'm sorry you had such a hard time finding it. 

It is National Pretzel Day and Arbor Day today.   I'm not sure which one the school system thought we should celebrate but I won't complain.

Today is a busy day in some ways.  I have to finish getting ready for the car wash tomorrow.  I have to get the last odds and ends for the banquet on Tuesday and I really just want to play in my yard and sew.  

Not to mention there is laundry to do and papers to grade and lessons to plan.  

Anyway it will all get done as it usually does,  I'm just never really sure how. 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,334
Points 113,880
Linny t replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:15 AM

Robin, I wish you could just play all day, too.

Stephanie, I'm more productive with my boss gone, too.  Funny how that goes, eh?  Hope you get lots done.

TGIF to you, too.

Linny T

Page 24 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev2223242526Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use