My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 9:32 AM

Lillie, maybe I'm a little soft brained today, but I just can't imagine what YBR is.  The only thing that's in my head is "Your Bed Room", lol.  I can't get past it.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 2:33 PM

Robin,

Glad the FCAT's are almost finished. I know what you mean about some of the kids just not testing well, and I feel bad for them too.

Isn't it wonderful to get an invitation to your former students graduation from FSU! That's awesome.

Robin:
What kind of Counter are you going to put on top of them?

I'm building my own from wood. This is a first for me, but so far the plywood cuts have worked out. I'm layering it up and edging it with trims. The final top will be a piece of stained grade birch. It has a really pretty grain in it. I'm staining it a special walnut, and will put several coats of polyurethane after that. I've found polyurethane to be a really tough finish. It'll stand up to the heat of coffee cups and doesn't "white" ring if someones leaves a cold drink on it.

I've hit a stall though. Mike left the cordlessdrill at a customers house and I need the battery to run my cordless brad nailer. Darn! I still have plenty I can do this weekend filling them up. So far I only have my cookbooks put away.And I can cut the pieces I need to be ready. So I guess it's not all that bad.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 2:42 PM

Lillie,

I love daffodils. They are the most cheerful thing to see as winter fades and spring begins. I haven't had any luck growing them or irises here. Love them too. But we've had jasmine and gardenia blooming this month. The smell is heavenly. Have fun making the quilt with the flannels. Not sure I know what YBR is either.

Too bad about the quilt show, outside of the buy on the flannel. I wonder if any quilting hit a stall when fabric prices rose and shipping went up. I guess we're lucky to be able to buy them here.

Diane,

I'm so sorry to hear you lost the eggs. That must be a tricky mix of moisture and substance to get them to have the perfect conditions.

Jo,

I'd be hard pressed not to feed the deer. They're so beautiful. I never knew they'd eat seeds, or tomatoes for that matter. I envy you growing your own tomatoes. The ones from the grocery are terrible with their pink insides and bitter peels.

Linny,

Hope your leg gets to feeling a lot better after a weekend of rest. Must be hard for you to stay down, when the weekends are usually fun time with Barb.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,415
Diane replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 2:44 PM

That birch wood sounds wonderful Stephanie!  Wow!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 4:09 PM

Thank you Diane. Are you quilting today?

We're going to meet my brother and sis in law for dinner. It'll be nice to get out of the house for an evening out. He's kind of fragile right now. Sometimes the pressure of supporting two twenty something year old guys that don't want to work and having mother in law live in also get to him. Tough situation with the kids not being his. We were all so independent and out on our own before we reached 18, it's hard for him to fathom anyone over 18 not wanting to be out on his own. To say the least of not wanting to work and have spending money. One has even turned down two jobs this month. Oh well, we'll see if we can go cheer him up. 

Hopefully it'll work that way, and I won't bring his burden home with me. I've always had such a soft spot in my heart for him, it's hard not to suffer when he does.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,415
Diane replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 4:24 PM

Yes, I'll quilt today.

Sorry to hear about your brother's worries.  It's hard to get some kids to get rid of the 'failure to launch' syndrome.  I hope you can cheer him up.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 8:57 PM

We ended up having a great time. I think it did cheer him up to have us all be together. We really should do it more often. We live within a half hour of each other. We're so bad about tucking in and not going anywhere. We always have a good time when we do. It's just getting us out of the house and into the car. LOL

Hope you enjoyed working on the quilt.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,067
Points 41,415
Diane replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 11:16 PM

It's so nice that you and your brother get along so well Stephanie.  Glad to hear it went so well.

I got a lot done on the quilt today.  Thanks for asking.  It encourages me. LOL  I have 3 rows to go now.  I wish I didn't constantly worry about it being perfect.  I think he will love it though and be happy when he finally gets it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 2:55 AM

Wow Diane. That's quite an accomplishment to get a whole row done in such a short time. Your hand stitching is stunning and I know it's going to be as perfect as one can get. I think he'll be amazed when he gets it.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 6:58 AM

Someone asked what YBR meant, it's the Yellow Brick Road pattern.  I tried to respond yesterday but this site would not come up in a timely manner.

Happy Sunday everyone!

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,995
Points 64,470
Robin replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 8:17 AM

Good Morning World,

Posting late because I've been busy trying to coordinate my day.  Not very successful.  I've got to get off the computer and put together a list of things I need and want to get done today.

Lillie,  I love the YBR pattern.  I was stump by it's initials but it is one of my favorites.   It's so easy and always comes out beautiful.

Diane,   WOW!  Only 3 rows left, what a terrific accomplishment.

Linny,  Sorry to hear about your leg.  I hope the resting is doing it some good.

Stephanie,  Your counter tops sound beautiful.   I bet they'll be gorgeous when you finish.     I'm glad your brother was cheered up when you left him.    But I totally understand what you mean by tucking in.   We have the same habit.    Yesterday we went to the big town, because I needed to get stuff for banquet but otherwise we would have stayed right here at the house even though the town celebration was going on.   I had really thought about going but the girls when with various friends and that didn't include mom and I didn't have the heart to drag Donn through it after just finishing yearbook.

Have a Sunny Sunday!

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 9:53 AM

Stephanie, that's tough for your brother.  It's got to be hard on his marriage, too.  Some kids just need to get the boot to get them to "launch", like Diane put it.  With the MIL living there, too, that must really limit what he can do about it.  I feel for him.  Hopefully you cheered him up at dinner.

Diane I like that phrase, "failure to launch".  It describes it perfectly.  .I know lots of people who have kids with this syndrome.

Good morning everybody.  Hope you're all having a great Sunday.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 9:55 AM

Lillie:

Someone asked what YBR meant, it's the Yellow Brick Road pattern.  I tried to respond yesterday but this site would not come up in a timely manner.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Thanks, Lillie.  My brain was just not working right yesterday.  Happy Sunday to you, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 9:58 AM

Stephanie, glad you had a good time and got "untucked" for a few hours.  I read the posts from the last one I replied to last, so came across this one after I hoped for you.  I like to tuck in whenever I can, too.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,124
Points 110,590
Linny t replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 10:02 AM

Stephanie:

Linny,

Hope your leg gets to feeling a lot better after a weekend of rest. Must be hard for you to stay down, when the weekends are usually fun time with Barb.

Not so hard for me.  I really needed a weekend to myself to regroup mentally and emotionally.  I think it was harder on Barb.  Leg feels better, but still hurts if I walk too much.  I'll need the whole day to rest it more.

Linny T

Page 22 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev2021222324Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use