My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,085
Linny t replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 11:07 AM

Robin, making ice cream in plastic bags sounds like fun with a bunch of teenagers.  Good luck with the tile project going on.  Hope you had a good day.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,085
Linny t replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 11:09 AM

Stephanie, hope your back feels better today.  That has to be maddening seeing all those cabinets and not being able to do anything with them.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,049
Points 41,055
Diane replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 11:39 AM

Stephanie--you do so much.  Sorry about your energy drop.  The best thing I have found for energy is green tea.  I make a large pot and drink it iced.  I sometimes add a little juice to it to flavor it.  Within a day or 2 your energy will return.  I do this on a regular basis to keep my system detoxed.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,049
Points 41,055
Diane replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 11:48 AM

They hatch in a month which will be around May 10th.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 1:07 PM

Linny t:

Robin, making ice cream in plastic bags sounds like fun with a bunch of teenagers.  Good luck with the tile project going on.  Hope you had a good day.

How do you make ice cream in plastic bags? I don't have an ice cream maker and I'm always looking at ice cream recipes. This might be something I can do!

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,972
Points 63,925
Robin replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 5:56 PM

Lillie,

It's really very simple.

1/2 c of milk

1/2 of t of vanilla flavoring

1 T of sugar

in a quart ziploc bag,  sealed tight with little to no air, Then place that bag inside another quart sealed with little to no air.

Then you place that into a 2 qt bag with 4 cups of ice and 4 T of salt and shake.  

It could take about 15 to 20 minute to make ice cream.

I bet you could use some of your snow in place of ice!

Have fun!

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 4:45 AM

Thanks for the recipe Robin. That sounds pretty cool. Hope your testing day went well. How long do these go on?

Thank you all for your well wishes, and Diane thank you for the advice on the green tea. I really like teas of all kinds. My fav's are plantation mint and Orange spice for summer. They are so refreshing.

I'm back on track physically. Made it through yesterday and even a stop at Home Depot to have wood cut for the counter tops. It was cute last night. I put the first piece of plywood on, and next thing I know Mike had brought the groceries in and was taking advantage of the new space. He's been teasing me in front of the guys about putting cabinets everywhere, and this will be the only house that he knows with wall to wall cabinets. LOL.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 6:02 AM

WOW! That really is easy. Thanks for the recipe Robin.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,085
Linny t replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 6:26 AM

Robin,thanks for the recipe.  I'm going to try that with Nate.  He'll love it!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,085
Linny t replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 6:27 AM

Stephanie, glad you're back on track physically.  That's funny about Mike and the groceries.  Every flat surface, right?  Wall to wall cabinets, lol.  He'll be happy when there's more room to store things and everything has a place.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,049
Points 41,055
Diane replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 11:54 AM

Stephanie--glad to hear that you are feeling better.  It's so exciting about the new cabinets!

Robin--great recipe but I wouldn't be able to shake it for 15 min. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 12:51 PM

Linny t:
That's funny about Mike and the groceries.  Every flat surface, right?

Isn't that the truth. I had to chuckle at him this morning. He said he had laid his work belt down and couldn't find it anywhere. He called after he got to the job, and said he'd found his belt. He was wearing two. LOL. Bless his heart. I'm sure he will be happy when he can at least make his way thru the obstacle course. LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 12:53 PM

Diane:

Stephanie--glad to hear that you are feeling better.  It's so exciting about the new cabinets!

Thank you Diane. : ) I've managed to get the uppers done this morning. Now it's nap time. LOL. Are you working on your work quilt today? 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,049
Points 41,055
Diane replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 3:52 PM

Yes I am working on the work quilt today.  It's amazing how much better I feel now that spring is here.  Being sick all winter is no fun.  It won't be long that I will finish the body of the quilt and then I'll have to deal with the boarder.  I hope it turns out to his liking.

You are already putting the cabinets up!  Wow!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 7:25 PM

Diane:
It's amazing how much better I feel now that spring is here.  Being sick all winter is no fun.

Makes me so happy to hear this. You had such a bad winter for being sick. It took a long time to get through it. It's so exciting to hear you are closing in on the body of the quilt. I'm sure he'll love it! Having a hand quilted quilt in this day and time would just be a thrill.

Diane:

You are already putting the cabinets up!  Wow!

Yes, I woke up at 3:30 this morning all excited to get something done. I have to strike while that mood is hot and energy is high. Hopefully I paced myself well enough to have some left for my work day tomorrow.  Well, I'm off to finish making my waldorf salad. Have a lovely evening. Take care of you. : 0 )

Page 20 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev1819202122Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use