rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,262
Points 134,988
Stephanie replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 6:29 AM

Robin:
I'm wishing you a wonderful Monday.    A day I normally curse because it is the beginning of another week took on a whole new meaning this morning when I read a poster that a friend posted on FB.   It said that Mon is french for my, so technically that would make this "My Day" .   I like that idea.  I like the thought that this as appose to Friday is my day to do with as I please.  First I don't have to wait five days and second I feel determine to get the most out of it possible because it belongs to me.   Hopefully my attitude won't get me in trouble.

Robin,

I tried to answer this post yesterday and my whole computer shut down before I could finish. This was just lovely, and I don't think I'll look at dreaded Mondays quite the same. Yesterday was certainly a My Day. We had a great and fun day at work, which is so unusual for a Monday. 

I'm thinking that you may be right about the third day theory for sore muscles. I'm certainly feeling my weekend of moving cabinets.Hope you're not sore today. Sounds like you got a ton done in your yard with the border and plantings. Did you get your zinnias in? 

Robin:
Well time to get up and move Donn.  Bless his heart he has been working on the yearbook every weekend since Spring Break and all of Spring Break.  The boy needs a break.  He's not a young has he use to be.    Anyway his coming to bed late is making us later and later to work, which starts both of our days off like a man shot of a cannon,  going very fast in one direction with no control.    

Sounds like us. LOL. The weekend warriors for trying to do projects, and being almost too tired to sleep on Sunday night. Although this past Sunday Mike was a couch potato. He needed it. He's worked 7 days a week for the past month I think and needed a down day. That's so cool that Donn is dong the yearbook. You both are so dedicated, it's awe inspiring.

Robin:

Started back on my June block yesterday!  Inspiration (which has been sorely lacking) pop up out of nowhere and I simply went with it for the most part.  When I get this row of work done I think I would be done with June and that will finish the squares in my BOM.  Then it will have to get in line on the put me together table.

That's great news!!! WTG! Can't wait to see them all put together.

Hope you had a great Monday, (My Day) 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,262
Points 134,988
Stephanie replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 6:35 AM

Robin:
How someone does that to innocent human beings is beyond my imagination.   I enrages my entire being. 

Mine too. I'll never understand this as long as I live. 

Robin:
Oh I forgot!   The sink is officially installed.   Still missing the tile.  Hope they come this week while I can't do nothing because next week we got to jump back in it.

Woohoo, finally!!!! Hope they get the tile done too for you. 

Robin:
Hope your day is safe and beautiful just like each of you.

Right back at you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,262
Points 134,988
Stephanie replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 6:40 AM

normajo1030:

Stephanie:
It'll make a neat addition to your living room

Thanks, Stephanie.  I didn't know what I was going to do with them when I purchased them; I just like the sayings and ideas of them and of course they have cats on some of them.  I am tired of having the quilt on the wall, so I will put these up instead.

You're welcome Jo. We girls like to change things up a bit every now and then. I like cheerful things like this. And yes, cats! LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 6:58 AM

Diane! That is so cool. Do they need to be turned?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 6:59 AM

Diane:

Here is the work I did on the 2 RR's I am in for this month.  

Those are beautiful Diane.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,830
Points 106,140
Linny t replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 11:22 AM

Diane:
Here is the work I did on the 2 RR's I am in for this month.  
Diane, these are lovely.  I like how you embellished the lace motifs.

The eggs are so cute and they look so much more healthy than the first batch.  It's fun to think about a baby dragon being in each one of them.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,830
Points 106,140
Linny t replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 11:28 AM

Robin:
There's really not a lot to say in the light of yesterday.   How someone does that to innocent human beings is beyond my imagination.   I enrages my entire being. 
 It truly defies understanding.     

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 1:24 PM

We've had over 12-inches of snow the past two days!   Wahoo!!!!!

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,853
Points 61,055
Robin replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 4:06 PM

12" of snow!  Congrats!  

I hope that it doesn't  set your spring plants to far back.   

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,830
Points 106,140
Linny t replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 5:21 PM

Wahoo is right, Lillie!  You've been wanting it.  Now you've got it.  I bet it's beautiful!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,917
Points 38,515
Diane replied on Tue, Apr 16 2013 10:34 PM

Hi everyone

I thank you for the nice comments about the work I did on the RR's.  I am finding it a stuggle for some reason.

2 of the dragon's eggs died today.  They sort of collapsed so I decided to decrease the humidity.  I was worried that it was too much.  The eggs do look better this time and there is no turning done at all.  The stiller they lay, the better.  Thanks for your questions.

I've started working again on my work quilt.  4 rows to go before I put the boarder on and quilt it.  I'll be so much happier when this is done.  It drains my energy knowing that I have to do it while I'm working on other things.  I'll plug away.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,262
Points 134,988
Stephanie replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 5:09 AM

Lillie,

Woohoo for your snow. Good time to tuck in and work on projects. It's getting really hot here already. Not much of a spring this year, but I remember worse.

Diane,

Sorry to hear you lost two of the eggs. It's going to be a learning experience to get things just right.

Good to hear you are so close to having the work quilt finished. Unlike most quilters, the border is my favorite part. That's when I know I've hit the finish line. Good luck to you making headway on it. Look forward to seeing the finish.I understand how it is to focus on other things when you have this in the back of your mind.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,262
Points 134,988
Stephanie replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 5:16 AM

Had to take a down day yesterday to recoup my back and energies. Getting older really stinks. My mind is in overdrive and the body not willing to play right. Patience isn't one of my finer points when everything is in disarray and the walk around is like an obstacle course. At least I'm not waiting for workers to show up, I guess. That could take months on a small project like this.

Have a good day!

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,853
Points 61,055
Robin replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 6:01 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It's hump day at school and we're still testing on FCAT.   It takes forever since we have to do it on the computer.   It is so hard to plan what to teach when part of your student population is gone.  Right now I'm clueless what to do first period.  I was suppose to do a ppt with notes but that seemed fruitless with a chunk of my class gone.  But we're going to have fun in 5th period, I think,  since we can't do the soup lab we were suppose to do because of time and tile.  We're going to try making ice cream in plastic bags.  It should be a hoot.

The guys who are doing the tile came by yesterday and are suppose to start either today or tomorrow.  I'm sure the Chemistry teacher will love that.  They have to set up outside my window to cut the tile and such and they have to scrape the adjoining wall to prep it for the tile.   But there is a storage closet between us so surely it won't effect him to much.

Diane,  Sorry to hear about the eggs.  I hope the others stay strong for you.  Hang on to your project and keep thinking how happy the guy is going to be when you present him with the finished quilt.

Stephanie,  Sorry to hear about your lack of energy.  I hope it doesn't stay around to long, it can be so tough to see things you won't done and not be able to do them.   I guess we all get to that age. 

Liilie,  Your enjoying your snow and I have to say I'm enjoying by 60 degree mornings.  Just wish I could stay home and be outside.

Got to run Donn's ready and I need to get to school early enough I can figure out what I'm going to do with part of my class missing.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,830
Points 106,140
Linny t replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 11:04 AM

Diane, sorry to hear about you loosing 2 of your eggs.  I guess it's a big learning curve with a thing like that.  Good thing you don't have to turn them all the time.  How much longer before they're supposed to hatch?

Maybe now with your 2 RRs behind you, you can make real progress with your work quilt.  You're almost there.  Good luck with it.

Linny T

Page 19 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev1718192021Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use