My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 3:16 PM

Just beaming at all of your support. You make me even more excited!

Linny,

Thank you. I'll be careful, and yes these are so heavy! I have a dolly around here somewhere. I need to be using it. 

Jo,

I know what you mean. I've seen people here trade stuff out with the trends. Dark cabinets are the rave right now. Our house has a North/South exposure and has a tendency to be on the dark side, so I prefer to have light cabinets. I think with dark in here  I'd feel closed in, and lose the " tropical" feel.    

Lillie,

these came pre-finished with the white and antiquing. Funny though, I did just refinish and sent out some chairs that would have been a perfect match to them. LOL.

Diane:
I was able to read the posts although I don't trust my memory so I may be asking questions.

Oh yes, ask away. Lillie is doing a wall art hanging with unusual edges. Some of us are thinking of purses. I think Linny and I are leaning toward an antique style while Darlene is looking for a pattern, I think and Robin is pondering over things as well. That's at last I remember. We still have lots of time to think and change things up. Which reminds me, I still want to find a frame....

Do you have Nellie's eggs in an incubator?

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 3:33 PM

I put the eggs in a plastic ziploc container.  I have them in moist vermiculite.  The eggs should be moist and not wet.  I have the lid on but not tightly.  It's resting on a heat rock so they are warm but not hot. That's the information I gathered from the guys at the pet store and on the internet.  Last time I didn't have any vermiculite and used too much heat.  Hopefully this will work.  I'll know in a month.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:52 PM

Diane, we tossed around a few ideas to make a more challenging RR.  That's where the idea of a purse came about.  Like Stephanie said, Lillie thought about making a piece to hang on one of those table top hangers.  Stephanie and I were thinking of making ours into a Victorian bag.  Darlene was looking through her purse patterns and Robin is still tossing around ideas about it.  I'm going to bump some of the discussions back to the top so we can get your input, too.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:54 PM

Linny t:

Lillie:

Linny t:

Whatever we decide to make we should probably pick a theme.  

Here are some theme ideas for our vintage piece.

1. All gold (all embellishments are gold; buttons, lace, thread, etc)

2. Cream/white (all embellishments are cream or white; buttons, lace, thread, etc)

3. French inspired

4. Victorian 

5. Only flowers (no buttons-just silks and thread)

6. Asian inspired

Just moving this to the front so we don't loose track of it.  Anyone else got any favorites?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:57 PM

Bumping this to the top.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:59 PM

Robin:

I love your idea of making a everyday bag.  I had kinda of thought about the some type of bag I could carry to school and such since that's were I go the most.   I love the look of the vintage evening bags but would seldom have an occasion to carry it.   I'm also thinking outside colors, blues, greens, a little yellow, a little pink.    I imagine that it's because of all the time I've spent outside lately.   

Bumping to the top

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 9:05 PM

Lillie:

Robin:

Lillie,  I think you have a lot of really good ideas and I'll be honor to work on any of them.   Maybe we could all do a page in our journal with pictures to inspire all of the people working on the piece.   With pictures not of actual purses or crazy quilting but of things that inspired us to choose this theme.  Like if you pick the a summer garden as a theme, I would have a page in my journal with things I would expect to see in a summer garden.   A birdhouse, a lady bug, zinnas, etc.   Then everyone could have their own theme but each worker would have some idea which angle the other person was coming from.  

Robin

Robin,

That is a wonderful idea. I love it. Which ever theme we decide on, the owner of the quilt will write something in their journal and the other participants will know which items to include along with their own inspiration for embellishments. Love it, love it, love it!!!

Bump

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 9:17 PM

Maybe it's time to start a RR discussion thread.  It wasn't that easy to go back and find all these, lol.  I'm sure I have missed something, but this will serve to fill Diane in a little and start us all talking about it again.  I'm open to what we should call this RR.  Anyone got any ideas?

As for the people doing purses, we talked about tracing our pattern onto the block so everyone would know where to stop the embellishments.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:34 AM

I love the purse idea for the RR.  I have wanted to make a CQ purse for a long time.  I'll have to think about this for a while. I would like to make one that I could use every day.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,101
Points 66,950
Robin replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 6:32 AM

Good Morning Friends,

Happy Sunday too you all.

Worked in the yard all afternoon yesterday or at least until I couldn't go any further.    Not as sore yet as I thought I would be, but somehow my soreness comes later after I get up and move around.  It's like a delayed reaction.   

Diane,   I'm still working on ideas in my head as to what kind of project I want to do....   I've played with several ideas but haven't settled on one yet.   I'm leaning towards a bag I could use on a regular basis since I have no place to use a Victorian bag and no place to display it.  I'm leaning towards a scrappy something.  You know an assortment of colors.  Anyway I'm still working on thinking.

Stephanie,   Definitely go find your dollie!   The last thing you need is to pull something or worst. 

Linny,  How was the show?

Anyway today is about grading papers and possibly starting to quilt the t-shirt quilt.  

Have a very pleasant Sunday.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 7:14 AM

Diane:

I put the eggs in a plastic ziploc container.  I have them in moist vermiculite.  The eggs should be moist and not wet.  I have the lid on but not tightly.  It's resting on a heat rock so they are warm but not hot. That's the information I gathered from the guys at the pet store and on the internet.  Last time I didn't have any vermiculite and used too much heat.  Hopefully this will work.  I'll know in a month.

Oh this is so exciting Diane. I can't wait to see them.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 7:17 AM

Linny t:

Maybe it's time to start a RR discussion thread.  It wasn't that easy to go back and find all these, lol.  I'm sure I have missed something, but this will serve to fill Diane in a little and start us all talking about it again.  I'm open to what we should call this RR.  Anyone got any ideas?

As for the people doing purses, we talked about tracing our pattern onto the block so everyone would know where to stop the embellishments.  

I have no ideas about what the new thread should be called. But, I think it's a good idea to make a new thread for our next RR.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 8:10 AM

Robin:
Linny,  How was the show?
 Robin, we didn't go to the show.  Barb was just not up to all the walking yesterday.    Instead we drove out in the country to look at a mobile home she was interested in.  It was nice, but too far out for her.  She said, "I can't live somewhere that I'd have to drive 1/2 hour to get to Michaels."  It was pretty far away from any store and if you needed an ambulance fast you'd be in trouble.  We stopped for lunch at a place by the river and ate outdoors.  It was nice.  It ended up being a much nicer day than the weatherman said.  I'm glad that this front is going to move along.  I've been aching something fierce in my bones.  More than usual.  Barb has been feeling it worse than I.

Today for me is chores and then some sewing/beading.  I want to work on Barb's cabochons.  It thrills her to pieces to see them surrounded by beads.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 9,640

Linny, I told you I was working on some funny panels I bought to hang on my living room wall.  I have them finished and here is the quilt that I purchased  ($400.00)at George's Alumni banquet in 2006.  That is the "before" and the panels are going to be the "after'

The panels are still on my design wall. We will probably put them up tomorrow.   Jo

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,308
Points 113,540
Linny t replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:23 PM

That's a beautiful red & white quilt, Jo.  The panels are so cute.  Certainly a great conversation starter for your living room and no one will wonder what you do with your spare time, will the?  How come all the words are backwards?

Linny T

Page 17 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev1516171819Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use