My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,185
Linny t replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 4:06 PM

Robin, you make a difference in my life every day.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,975
Points 63,985
Robin replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 4:26 PM

Good afternoon Everyone,

Ever had one of those days were you felt like you didn't accomplish anything of value?   Well,   that was my day.  Everything I tried to do seem to fall complete apart or get totally interupted by one thing or another.

But I'm home now and hubby took be by the ice cream shop today, so things are better.    We have this new ice cream shop in down that serves hand made ice cream from central Florida.   It has some of the most unique and amazing favors I've ever tasted, I think I could be falling in love.  

Lillie,

Hope you're having a white April, which seems really weird to say.

Stephanie,

Get the work done so you can play all day.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,467
Points 138,003
Stephanie replied on Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:09 PM

Robin:
Everything I tried to do seem to fall complete apart or get totally interupted by one thing or another.

I hate those kind of days, don't you? Sounds like Don tried to cheer you up with the ice cream. Yum! Sounds heavenly. Just finished my day about a half hour ago. Mike brought me home truffles, but the were all melted. LOL. It's the thought that counts....

Time for American Idol. Music soothes the soul..... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,975
Points 63,985
Robin replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:12 AM

Stephanie:

Robin:
Everything I tried to do seem to fall complete apart or get totally interupted by one thing or another.

I hate those kind of days, don't you? Sounds like Don tried to cheer you up with the ice cream. Yum! Sounds heavenly. Just finished my day about a half hour ago. Mike brought me home truffles, but the were all melted. LOL. It's the thought that counts....

Time for American Idol. Music soothes the soul..... 

Got say that yesterday I would have licked those puppies up off the paper.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,975
Points 63,985
Robin replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:20 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Week 8 in this nine weeks is rapidly coming to a close.   I'm book with two foods lab today and two ECE classes.   I hope that it goes smoother today than yesterday.

I just can't seem to get a quiet moment in the day to find my thoughts.  I need some time just to get done the jobs I can't do with everyone in the room.  But my sweet students who have college classes or online classes love to come and "help" me.   I just can't find enough to keep them busy.   Partly because I'm do busy to think about what I need them to do.     It's so bad to complain about good kids and extra help.

On top of that I had to report a child abuse case, which never makes for a great day, it's bad enough that it ate of a chunk of my planning period.  It's horrible it happened in the first place. 

Then the guy that was visiting from Kieser for the last two days pop in at lunch looking for food and so I couldn't say no.  I mean he fed my classes and most of the staff for two days.   So I gave him access to by lab supplies for him to fix himself some lunch. 

Anyway, the year is wrapping up and I'm just counting the blessings.  

I hope you all have a terrific day.  

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,185
Linny t replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 5:01 PM

Robin, I hear you about not having a quiet moment to find your thoughts.  Lately I've been so consistently interrupted while having more work to do.  Not fair, I say!  That's sweet about your not so helpful helpers.  They love you.

Terrible about the child abuse and your being the one who had to report it.  This on top of all else.  That's not the kind of thing that's a task and once done leaves your mind.  You could be saving a life, though.

Only a few more weeks left and then....summer break.  A blessing on the horizon.  Hang in there.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,975
Points 63,985
Robin replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:09 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is celebrating Walk on Your Wild Side Day!

And here I thought that's what I did everyday!  

Friday is fast and furious.  We will be having short periods as usual.   The weekend weather report promise rain in this area so I will be in doors.  A chance to work on quilting the t-shirt quilt after I spent the morning with a couple of students who have volunteered to work with me at organizing and cleaning the food lab.   It needs a good going through with all the items put in it's appropriate place.   I'll be excited to have that done.  

Be careful where your walk takes you!

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,185
Linny t replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 2:41 PM

Robin, I'm with you.  Going to work is a Walk on the Wild Side every day.  At my age that's as wild as I care to get, lol.  Hope you got your food lab cleaned.

Diane is still trying to get her password issue resolved.  She asked me to say Hi to everyone for her.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,975
Points 63,985
Robin replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 4:39 PM

Hi, 

Everyone home after a typical day at school, a visit to the bank and police station to do the report funds stolen from our join bank account and a trip to the ice cream shop for a large cone of raspberry chocolate ice cream.    Yep,  someone borrowed a chunk of my paycheck to make purchases from a variety of places fortunately our banks fraud system and ebay were able to catch it and stop them.   The bank was very polite about it and has return my funds,  in exchange for a case number for a file police report.   

Hopefully all the fun is over and I'll be able to get things back on track for the rest of my weekend.   However,  the pressure is still really low and messing with my head.  

I finish digging up some flowers that never bloomed in the backyard yesterday and got something new planted in time for the rain.   Apparently this front moves like some of my students slowly.   According to Donn this is going to go on for a while, so it's time to find some kind of remedy.   

I hope you all have a terrific evening.

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 5:17 PM

Hello All,

I just went onto FB to say hello to Diane and after being on FB, my computer crashed. I'm wondering if they are having some serious issues on their web site. I am reluctant to go on FB again. Anyone else having an issue with them?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 5:21 PM

Robin,

Sounds like you're going to have to plant, or dig up, in between the rain drops. I hate it when the barometric pressure changes. I wake up with a terrible headache. Or go to bed with a really bad toothache. You'd think living at 5000 + feet, you wouldn't have these issues. 

Take care of yourself Robin. 

Everyone-I wish you a wonderful stress free, relaxing, and productive weekend.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,467
Points 138,003
Stephanie replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:19 PM

Hi everyone. 

Robin,

Sounds like your week was pretty stressful and on top of it all to have your account hacked into. That really bites! Hope the in between rain drops gives you time to plant your flowers and relax a bit.

Linny,

Know what you're saying about everyday at work being a walk on the wild side. LOL. This weekend an Art/Craft Show? 

Lillie,

Thanks for the well wishes for the weekend. Hope you have a nice one too. Not sure about FB in general, but I have been having some issues with Internet Explorer period. It seems to be ok now. My son has had all of his contacts in FB hacked into and sent out spam mail with his name on it a couple times. I just rarely go there anymore.... 

Diane,

Hi, Miss you! There was a post in the forum that premium members need to sign in with Google Chrome? Have you tried that?

I don't know what happened to my post yesterday. LOL. Disappeared into cyberspace I guess.

My worker brought his moving van and all of the kitchen cabinets the customer gifted me with today. OMG, I didn't really take note of how big that kitchen was, and I have a motherload of them to work with to do the built in areas I want to do. Lot's of drawer units and slide out shelves. I feel quite blessed. I didn't go to sleep until 3 am over the excitement of it all.  Back up by 6:30 to empty the china cabinet and move stuff around out of the way.

Then we had furniture to spray finish on for a job, and tuck away to dry. I'm officially worn out now. LOL. But in a good way. It's nice to make changes, even if I do most of the work to make it happen. The lighter cabinets as opposed to the dark china cabinet are already refreshing and make the space seem lighter and bigger. I feel a need to do this while I am still young enough to manage. A few more years and I think things probably won't be as pressing as my easy chair. LOL

Have a great weekend girlfriends. I'm still sharing my laptop and  lots to do this weekend. Will check in when I can...................... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,185
Linny t replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:42 PM

Lillie, I was just on Facebook and it was fine for me.  Of course I just went on to message 1 person, so not even 5 min.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,185
Linny t replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:47 PM

Robin, that front has stalled out over top of everyone.  The pressure is messing with my head, too.  It is a good time to plant, though.  Nice and wet.  

That sucks when that happens to your bank account.  Something like that happened to me a while back and then started again a month later.  Keep an eye on your account for awhile.  Did you tell the ice cream store it happened after visiting them?  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,100
Points 110,185
Linny t replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:55 PM

Stephanie, you're going on adrenaline, lol.  The cabinets sound like fun.  Hope you keep us posted on your progress.  What a blessing to get the cabinets for free.  I know you're about doing it now while you have the energy and gumption to do it.  

I've had that lost post thing happen lately, too.  Very frustrating!  

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Page 15 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev1314151617Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use