My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,120
Linny t replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:33 PM

Lillie, I bet you have some lovely Asian fabrics with your Son living in Japan.  Am I right?

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893

Robin,

Thanks for confiding your worries in us. I know this has to be a difficult time for you. When Mike's sisters youngest daughter left to move out of state to take a teaching job in Charleston, she was beside herself. Her daughter was her best bud for shopping and doing things together.They make lots of trips back and forth to fill the gap, and you never know, it's still early and Keeley may change her mind. I remember Paul was thrilled at the idea of going away for College, but he ended up back here with his circle of friends and family. And for Laurie, She's in my prayers and I hope soon your burden of worry will be lifted. I know it's so hard to wait. Is she feeling ok?

Robin:
I'm not sure I'm capable of some of the challenges you guys are leaning towards.

I hope you just mean right now with everything going on. If not, I just want to reasure you that I believe you have all the talent in the world to do anything you have a desire to do.

Big cyber hug out to you..... 

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893

Lillie:

I guess I'm leaning towards French or Asian. But anything would be fine with me.

Anything's fine with me too. Lots of great ideas you've put on the table for us.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,972
Points 63,940
Robin replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 6:23 AM

Good morning everyone,

I'm trying to get back into routines.

According to my friend on FB this is Golden Rule Week.   I don't have to worry about any of yall I know that you all practice it.

Today I'm demonstrating how to cook breakfast items to two classes.   Battling a second class about their very poor grades and bring in work.  And the third one I hope to teach.

Linny,  I haven't completely given up on the idea of the rr.  I'm just not sure what kind of time I'm going to have this summer with a trip to National with the kids for FCCLA and then a trip to Miami for Culinary training.  And I wanted us to try and go somewhere as a family with Keeley leaving for FSU in January this will be the last summer we may have a chance to do something like that for a while.   So right now I'm still in I've just got to work out some logistics.

Lillie,  I think you have a lot of really good ideas and I'll be honor to work on any of them.   Maybe we could all do a page in our journal with pictures to inspire all of the people working on the piece.   With pictures not of actual purses or crazy quilting but of things that inspired us to choose this theme.  Like if you pick the a summer garden as a theme, I would have a page in my journal with things I would expect to see in a summer garden.   A birdhouse, a lady bug, zinnas, etc.   Then everyone could have their own theme but each worker would have some idea which angle the other person was coming from.     By the way the idea of the trip sounds wonderful I'll have to remember that.   It must be exciting to go to Japan.   I'm like Linny I bet you have some wonderful Asian fabrics.

Stephanie,   Your awfully quite my friend.   I hope this doesn't many your working crazy hours again.

I'm missing my other friends would love to here how their all doing.   Got to run and get my groceries ready to go.

Have a Wonderful Working Wednesday.

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893

Robin:

Stephanie,   Your awfully quite my friend.   I hope this doesn't many your working crazy hours again.

Thanks for the inquiry. My schedule is leveling out a little now. Nice to be getting back on track. I got a new phone that I had to study how to use it. LOL. Not a ball of fire in the new fangled electronics field, but this one is user friendly. I've also done more work on my Once block, and on my big job, the customers offered me the cabinets they just tore out of their kitchen. I would venture to guess they're only about 5 years old. Just not their style. I'm really excited about them. They have a really pretty off white/glazed (aged looking) finish and I have a plan of where to put them already.  

Paul is going to Montreal Canada with a group of friends for a bachelor party. I was a little blown away when I heard the news and hoping they have a safe/fun trip. Why Montreal, I'm not sure, but the fellow getting married is his best friend ever since High School so it's a very special occasion. Maybe there's hope that Paul will be next and grandbabies down the road. I'm getting ahead of myself, but one can hope.... 

For today, I am back to work on my block, and maybe some on Spring block too. I have placed several white lace motifs on it that need to be sewn down. It feels great to be progressing on them and finishing up UFO's before I start something new.

It sounds like you have a busy day and a really busy summer planned already. That's really cool that you are going to Miami for Culinary training. Are you looking forward to it? A friend of mine's son went to Miami for his, and he loved it. He even created  his own salad dressing that was "to die for". Makes me hungry thinking about it.

I hope you'll be able to join us for the rr, but understand if it's too tough schedule wise. I love the idea of the inspiration journal. As a matter of fact I love it so much, I'd like to start one of my own, just because.... I'd like to do a couple really. One for home decorating and one for projects. Cool idea!!!!

Other than that I am full of energy and inspiration today, and am going to make the best of it with what I have to work with.

Hope everyone's day is one worth looking forward to.....

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 7:55 AM

Linny t:

Lillie, I bet you have some lovely Asian fabrics with your Son living in Japan.  Am I right?

Surprisingly I do not have any really nice fabrics from Japan. The fabric is astronomically expensive in Japan. Fabric in New Zealand is very expensive as well. 

They are going to Singapore in a couple of weeks for vacation. I might ask them if they will look at fabric there and see if there is anything worth while and does not cost a month's salary.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 8:03 AM

Robin:

Lillie,  I think you have a lot of really good ideas and I'll be honor to work on any of them.   Maybe we could all do a page in our journal with pictures to inspire all of the people working on the piece.   With pictures not of actual purses or crazy quilting but of things that inspired us to choose this theme.  Like if you pick the a summer garden as a theme, I would have a page in my journal with things I would expect to see in a summer garden.   A birdhouse, a lady bug, zinnas, etc.   Then everyone could have their own theme but each worker would have some idea which angle the other person was coming from.  

Robin

Robin,

That is a wonderful idea. I love it. Which ever theme we decide on, the owner of the quilt will write something in their journal and the other participants will know which items to include along with their own inspiration for embellishments. Love it, love it, love it!!!

northern colorado

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 9,095

Robin:
missing my other friends would love to here how their all doing. 

I am doing fine, Robin; I just don't have as much to talk about, usually, as you other ladies, since I am retired.  Plus, I am so content to stay at home, nothing exciting to tell about shopping etc.  I haven't been shopping by myself for so long; as I have trouble walking. If I didn't have George to hold on to, I would be using a walker. I never think "bad" about anyone using a walker but I just hate to start doing it myself.  I don't even drive much anymore; I do need to start doing more of that in case, HEAVEN FORBID that something happens to George before me.  I don't even like to think of that; it brings tears to my eyes......I don't want to live without him.

Robin, you need to try not to worry about things (I know "easier said than done). I read some where (I can't quote exactly) that it doesn't do any good to worry, because that will not change what you are worrying about and most of the time what you worry about never really happens.  I hope that makes sense. I know it helped me keep from worrying.

Lillie, it must be sooo hard having your son so far away in Japan. Is he your only child?  My three sons are in three different states, Ohio, Indiana and Virginia and I don't  see them very often, so I guess it doesn't really matter how far away they are.

Our sweeper quit working and George told me to start looking for a new sweeper.  I told him I knew what kind I wanted...a Dyson.  I went on ebay and found a new one for $394. including shipping (they go as high as $700).  I ordered it on the 28th and got it yesterday from Calif. It is a DC41 Animal.....for people w/animals.  It seems like it will be very good.

George just left for golfing; I am glad it is getting warm so he can go.   I am making some things to hang on the wall about women and their fabric (funny things) panels that I ordered.  Will post when I get them done.       Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,120
Linny t replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:29 AM

Robin:
  Maybe we could all do a page in our journal with pictures to inspire all of the people working on the piece.   With pictures not of actual purses or crazy quilting but of things that inspired us to choose this theme.  Like if you pick the a summer garden as a theme, I would have a page in my journal with things I would expect to see in a summer garden.   A birdhouse, a lady bug, zinnas, etc.   Then everyone could have their own theme but each worker would have some idea which angle the other person was coming from. 

Robin, I just love this idea so much.  It would have helped a lot to have this in the last RR.  I do hope you can join us, but if you can't I'll understand.  If you do join in and needed more time to complete, we would be happy to accommodate.  I'm sure others may have vacation plans for the summer months, too.  We worked around things with the holidays on the last RR and it worked out okay.  I do understand that you'll be having lots on your mind, though, so whatever you decide.  I just want to make sure you know that we all really hope you'll be able to join in and we'll work with you and your busy summer schedule.  

I'm going to bump Lillie's list of possible themes back to the top so it doesn't get lost.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,120
Linny t replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:30 AM

Lillie:

Linny t:

Surprisingly I do not have any really nice fabrics from Japan. The fabric is astronomically expensive in Japan. Fabric in New Zealand is very expensive as well. 

They are going to Singapore in a couple of weeks for vacation. I might ask them if they will look at fabric there and see if there is anything worth while and does not cost a month's salary.

Too bad, but I've heard this from other folks too.  I hope they find something for you in Singapore.  I just love the thought of exotic fabrics, even though I only get to look at them online.  I don't know anyone out of the country..

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,120
Linny t replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:33 AM

Jo, it's good to hear from you.  I'm happy you're doing well.  That's a real deal you found for a Dyson.  Your wall hangings sound intriguing.  Can't wait to see the pics.  Are they for your sewing room?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,120
Linny t replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:35 AM

Stephanie:

Other than that I am full of energy and inspiration today, and am going to make the best of it with what I have to work with.

Hope everyone's day is one worth looking forward to.....

I'm glad your schedule is getting back to normal and that you're full of energy and working on your blocks again.  How exciting for Paul going to Canada.  Has he ever been there before? 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,120
Linny t replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:48 AM

Lillie:

Linny t:

Whatever we decide to make we should probably pick a theme.  

Here are some theme ideas for our vintage piece.

1. All gold (all embellishments are gold; buttons, lace, thread, etc)

2. Cream/white (all embellishments are cream or white; buttons, lace, thread, etc)

3. French inspired

4. Victorian 

5. Only flowers (no buttons-just silks and thread)

6. Asian inspired

Just moving this to the front so we don't loose track of it.  Anyone else got any favorites?

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 9,095

Linny t:
Are they for your sewing room?

No, Linny, they are for my living room......I have a large red and white quilt that I bought at George's Alumni Banquet in 2006. It was auctioned off to raise money and I won it for $400. I made a hanging sleeve and it has been on the living room wall since then. I made a label for it telling when i got it Etc. I am giving it to George's daughter when I am gone; if not b/4.  I am going to try the things I am making there; if we don't like them, we will buy a large clock or something.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,099
Points 110,120
Linny t replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 6:42 PM

Jo, that's a good idea.  Keep trying things you make and you'll keep making things.  Then you can rotate them now and then to keep things changed up in your living room.

Linny T

Page 11 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use