rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,085
Points 66,730
Robin replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 4:04 PM

Darlene and Lillie,

I don't know if any of you pinterest.   But there are some interesting things on there dealing with crazy quilt purses and crazy quilt embellishments.  Some of the links are just pictures some take you to actual sites with instructions.   

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 5:38 PM

This talk made me remember seeing a CQ purse competition on Crazy Quilting International some time ago.  I thought I'd post a link to it.  It won't help with the RR part as far as rules, but it's CQ purse eye candy for sure.  Enjoy.  2011 Annual  purse competition

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 5:41 PM

Lillie, have you started your whisper RR?  I think that's what you called it.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 7:50 AM

Linny t:

No we have not started yet. I think it is supposed to start in May.  I purchased all my fabric and was going to start making my little block a week ago. Then got side tracked on three different projects. And this was going to be the year that I completed all of my UFO's! lol

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 8:30 AM

Linny t:

Oh how pretty!

I like the idea of making a purse. We have quite a bit of time to plan it out, and maybe it would be neat if we could search some simple patterns and find one we like. 

I've been rushing around this morning getting ready for company. My younger brother, his wife and son are coming to spend some time and let my nephew ride his go cart around my yard. That'll certainly bring back memories of when Paul used to ride his 4 wheeler around. I'll grill some hot dogs and burgers for them and have a little pre Easter family fun. They've invited me to come tomorrow to their house but I think I might bail on that. I have worked so many hours myself this past week and weekend that I really need a day of rest and regeneration.

I could tell I was past the point of being tired this morning when I poured my cup of coffee  and found myself sprinkling the sweetner into the garbage can instead of my coffee. LOL. These are times I have to laugh at myself.  

Hope everyone has some fun this weekend too. Just wanted to check in and say hello. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,085
Points 66,730
Robin replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 8:39 AM

Stephanie,

I agree you have maybe over done it this week.   I hope you are finished with that job or at least get to enjoy the entire weekend.

I will be going to mom's tomorrow for a family gathering all of her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren but two, will be there plus possibly a few more.  So the house will be full.  

Today is get things done for Monday including laundry and find a little time for some of the chores I have completed for Spring Break week.  Like my yard work.  I didn't get one thing moved in the pile yesterday but I did get several flower beds cleaned out a little and got some tomatoes and peppers planted.  

Hope you all have a great day.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 8:42 AM

Robin,

I just read your post and hit reply and it disappeared. Your life sounds pretty overwhelming right now, way more than I could handle. I hope your family get together will be fun for all, and that you get a chance to relax and unwind.I understand about being able to post things here that we don't share with others. It's great to have such dear friends that are out of the loop of family. We all need someone to talk to. You're a wonderful person.   God Bless you.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 11:22 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:

Oh how pretty!

I like the idea of making a purse. We have quite a bit of time to plan it out, and maybe it would be neat if we could search some simple patterns and find one we like. 

I've been rushing around this morning getting ready for company. My younger brother, his wife and son are coming to spend some time and let my nephew ride his go cart around my yard. That'll certainly bring back memories of when Paul used to ride his 4 wheeler around. I'll grill some hot dogs and burgers for them and have a little pre Easter family fun. They've invited me to come tomorrow to their house but I think I might bail on that. I have worked so many hours myself this past week and weekend that I really need a day of rest and regeneration.

I could tell I was past the point of being tired this morning when I poured my cup of coffee  and found myself sprinkling the sweetner into the garbage can instead of my coffee. LOL. These are times I have to laugh at myself.  

Hope everyone has some fun this weekend too. Just wanted to check in and say hello. 

Stephanie, you have been working way to hard!  Sweet garbage, hmmm.  The bugs will like it once it hits the landfill, lol.  Your day with your brother and his family sounds like so much fun.  I bet that little guy will love showing off on his go cart.  I can just see your fur babies chasing him all over.  It sounds like a great day and you have beautiful weather for it.  Enjoy your visit.

Today I went out and got Easter basket stuff for Nate.  Too much fun!  Tomorrow we're getting together for brunch, so that'll be fun.  I like a small gathering.  I'm thankful I don't have to make a big meal and do all that prep work.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 11:25 AM

Robin:

I will be going to mom's tomorrow for a family gathering all of her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren but two, will be there plus possibly a few more.  So the house will be full.  

Today is get things done for Monday including laundry and find a little time for some of the chores I have completed for Spring Break week.  Like my yard work.  I didn't get one thing moved in the pile yesterday but I did get several flower beds cleaned out a little and got some tomatoes and peppers planted.  

Hope you all have a great day.

Robin, I bet you could use another week of R & R, right?  Tomorrow will be nice with the whole family.  Do you go to sunrise service on Easter?  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 11:39 AM

Lillie:

Linny t:

No we have not started yet. I think it is supposed to start in May.  I purchased all my fabric and was going to start making my little block a week ago. Then got side tracked on three different projects. And this was going to be the year that I completed all of my UFO's! lol

Lillie, I don't know if I'll ever get my UFO's done, lol.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,085
Points 66,730
Robin replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 6:30 PM

Linny,

I'm guess I'm as ready as ever to head back to work.  I got a ton to do so the sooner I get started.....

I'm not going to church tomorrow.  I haven't been in several weeks do to one thing or another mostly sorriness on my part.   But I'm just not into showing up when the work is all done so to speak so I'll lay out again this week and see what happens next weekend.   As far as going to my mom's tomorrow I'm really not in the mood for the whole affair. 

Stephanie,

You noted that my early post went missing I was hoping to delete it before anyone read it.  Sorry about all of that.

I hope you all have a very Happy Easter.  

See you all on Monday, can't wait to hear about Nate and his basket, go cart riding and all the other fun activities your weekend includes.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 7:46 PM

We had a great visit. My nephew rode his go cart around and around and played with the dogs, snuggled with Otis and had a short nap on the couch. What a sweetheart! I'm sure he'll sleep good tonight. I really enjoy a small intimate gathering like that. It gave my younger brother, his wife and I some "catch up" time that you really can't get in a large gathering.

I did however, opt out of going to his house for the larger gathering tomorrow. Mike's going to work again, and I would have to be dropped off very early and stay all day until he's finished working. That's just too much for me right now. I really need a day of rest. 

Easter is such a great and meaningful holiday for me. I think because it's the day that melts away all of my woes and worries as I reflect upon it.  Rebirth, regrowth, spring flowers, birds singing, everything fresh, renewed and alive. "He is risen."  A true day of Celebration in my heart.   

Hope all of you enjoy the day. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 9:07 PM

Oh, Dear Robin.  I'm sorry you feel low.  Some years are better for holidays than others.  I suppose it would be terrible if you didn't go, but hopefully you'll feel better once you get there.  I'm praying you'll get your joy back.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Mar 31 2013 6:38 AM

Happy Easter everyone!

Robin,

Hope the gathering goes without a hitch for you. I admire you for being able to get done everything that you have during your break. One day I'll have to ask you your secret for being able to grow tomatoes down here. Mine just seem to burn up or wilt on the vine.

Lillie,

I hear ya about UFO's and starting new projects. But I have to say you have inspired me today to bring out a UFO and work on it.

I'm taking the day to play, and work on projects. My muse has come back and was in full gear last night.Whoo eee, slow me down Lord. LOL  I have a ton of laundry to catch up on, but think I can manage it with the buzzers set to let me know when it's finished. I'll be here off and on I'm sure to see if anyones around and posting.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,270
Points 112,940
Linny t replied on Sun, Mar 31 2013 7:45 AM

Happy Easter all!

Hope everyone has a delightful day.

Stephanie, I am so happy to hear your muse came back!  Have fun in between loads of laundry.  It's a good mix, you know, quilting and laundry.  You get to work on your projects and then just about the time you need to get up and move around there's a load done or going in.  Perfect, really.  No, not perfect...perfect would be listening to your cleaning lady doing the laundry in the background, lol.

I'm going to do much the same thing today with the exception of the time that Audra and Nate are here.  That'll be fun.  I love Easter for the baskets and kids.  They are so cute when they get that little package.

Have fun everybody!

Diane, we miss you.  Post when you can.

Robin, I wish you a happy day with your family.  I was reading Nate's school calender and saw that June 6 is the end of the year for school.  I realized that's just about 2 months away.  Summer is a coming!  

Darlene, are you doing anything special with your family?

Lillie, are you doing anything special today?

Jo, I know you are busy in the kitchen.  Hope you have a great Easter. 

God Bless you all!

Here's a creative Easter Bunny for you.

Image courtesy of Vintage Holiday Crafts, a great, free source for silkie pics.

Linny T

Page 8 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use