My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 6:45 PM

Linny-

How did you make the fan on your CQ block? I kinda think I know, but would prefer to hear from someone who has already done it. Thanks in advance.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:32 PM

It was sew and flip on the foundation, strategically placing the pieces so it would be fan like.  I just took long, narrow scraps.  I didn't pre-cut them or anything.  Very loose.  I covered the point where they all came together with another scrap.  

Thanks for asking.  It made me look close at my block and enjoy all that beautiful stitching, as well as remember how much fun it was.  Such a lovely keepsake!

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 8:50 PM

Happily home! 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 11:43 AM

Robin:

Happily home! 

Robin

Welcome home, Robin!

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 4:24 PM

Welcome home Robin!

Lillie, Love your new stash. Nice colors!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 7:10 AM

Stephanie:

Welcome home Robin!

Thanks Stephanie. I'm anxious to get started on my little whisper block. But first I need to finish a baby quilt. I have all the paper piecing completed. YAY! Now I'm just sewing the pieces and parts together.

I decided to send the quilt back to all the family members and let them sign their names, or make a drawing, or whatever they want to add, to welcome the new baby girl into the world and our family. I thought that would be a nice touch. When I get the top completed, I'll post a picture.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 9:23 AM

Lillie:

Stephanie:

Welcome home Robin!

Thanks Stephanie. I'm anxious to get started on my little whisper block. But first I need to finish a baby quilt. I have all the paper piecing completed. YAY! Now I'm just sewing the pieces and parts together.

I decided to send the quilt back to all the family members and let them sign their names, or make a drawing, or whatever they want to add, to welcome the new baby girl into the world and our family. I thought that would be a nice touch. When I get the top completed, I'll post a picture.

Lillie,

That sounds like a wonderful idea and I'm sure the parents will greatly appreciate all the extra effort that it took to do that.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 9:30 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that your week has been a good one.  Sorry for not posting sooner but I needed a little down time after being gone again and then having to play catch up in one day, so I could take today off and go with daughter number 2 to be with an adviser at FSU .   Yep it's already time to start down that road with the baby girl.  She will be finished with her AA in December and then moving on to the next step in her adventure.   So we are going over today in hopes of meeting with an academic adviser for guidance on what she needs with what she already has.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to school and work on the last little bit of stuff I haven't got done for grading for the nine weeks and tidy my room then I will be able to enjoy my Spring Break.   I have lots of plans for that time, involving yard work and sewing will have to see what actually gets done.  

Of course with two children both working and going to school this year during my Spring Break it will be unusual for us.   I guess it's time for me to except the world around is about to definitely change.   

I hope you all have an awesome Friday.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:17 AM

Lillie:
 I think that is absolutely precious and I'm looking forward to seeing the pics, Lillie.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,970
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:20 AM

Robin, I'm so glad to hear you haven't had your Spring break yet.  Down here it's already come and gone.  That'll do you good, not having to work at your regular job for a week.  You have so much going on this year!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,039
Points 65,585
Robin replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 6:19 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you all had a wonderful Friday.   I did.   Keeley and I had a very productive meeting with an FSU advisor about what she needed to get enrolled in FSU school of English.  She will be majoring in Literature with an emphasis on Business.  She plans on becoming a book editor.   We did eat lunch out at the mall but skipped the shopping.  I don't think either one of us had much interest.  So Spring Break is officially here.   However, I am officially not ready, so this morning will be spent tying up loose ends like a few final grades that have to go in and maybe my lesson plans for the first week after break.   I really want to get that all behind me so I can enjoy my break.  Then it's on to yard work, quilting and rechaulking the bath tub.  

When are we going to start the next round robin?   I forgot.

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 7:09 AM

We have two weeks of spring break here in Fort Collins. The K-12 had this past week off. The university has this coming week off. 

We had about 4-inches of snow yesterday and last night. I'm hoping it continues all day and night again.

Rechaulking the bathtub does not sound like much fun to me. But that probably won't take too much time as long as you don't have to remove the old chaulk first. I've never had to remove old chaulk. Is it hard to remove?.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 7:15 AM

Robin:

When are we going to start the next round robin?   I forgot.

Robin

I think we settled on May or June. June would be better for me, if no one objects. Should we make this one a traditional again, or do something a bit more challenging?

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 7:23 AM

Lillie,

Love the idea of sending the baby quilt back to family members and letting them add their special touches. Can't wait to see a picture of it. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 7:30 AM

Robin,

Yay Spring Break!!!!! Sounds like a good day yesterday with Keeley. I know her leaving the nest is on your mind lately. It's so sad to see them go at first, but yet there's this other part that is exciting for them to be starting their lives as an adult. Remember how exciting it was to first be out on our own?   

Hope your day goes well with lesson plans and final grades.

Not sure when the next RR is scheduled for....  

Page 4 of 143 (2137 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use