rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 8:26 AM

Diane:

Linny---on the job quilt--it's the same place it was in the fall---row 7 out of 13.

You're over the hump. And, just think how nice it will be to have that extra spending money when you finish.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 10:18 AM

Normajo--glad to hear that there is a surgery for you condition.  It must have been difficult for you but I just laughed when I read about the green bean!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 11:52 AM

Jo, how lucky you are with cat fabrics,lol.  I love to hear about your quilting ventures.

Too funny about the green bean.  Scary about all those tubes.  You're brave, my dear.  I would have been a chicken about it.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 11:55 AM

Stephanie:

Linny t:
.  Sounds like you're about to whip it.  Are you getting close?  It must be tough to work all day and come home to have to do that.

It's just because it's tax time that I've had to do that. And yes, I've whipped it! Business and personal returns are finished and good to go. I just need to make copies and fly them off. Today I'm working on a side job of some furniture. Just prepping it so far. That part will just take a couple hours and then the rest of the day is mine. Woohoo!

Woohoo is right!.  Finally, some free time you can spend on yourself.  I filed at the beginning of the month and got my return today, finally.  I hate taxes.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 11:56 AM

Diane:

Linny---on the job quilt--it's the same place it was in the fall---row 7 out of 13.  Well, you were so sick for so long.  Hopefully you can knock it out now.  More than halfway done!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 12:39 PM

Stephanie---you remind me of that commercial where a woman is singing about  bringing home the bacon and cooking it too---"Because I'm a woman!"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 4:33 PM

Stephanie:

The reason I'm telling you this is about six months ago he started drinking aloe water. It's a flavored one that has pulp.

Is there a brand name for the aloe water?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 4:35 PM

normajo1030:

Diane:
Why did they doi it?

I was having a lot of trouble getting choked and feeling like food would stick in the back (top) of my throat. Sometimes it would feel like food would go up in my nose. I was eating one day and I said to George, "I think a green bean just went up my nose."    I blew my nose and out came the bean.  I know TMI.  lol  I was ok for several months (they did it last June) and then I started getting choked again.

OMGosh Jo. That was too funny.  Probably it was not funny to you at the time. But it sure made me chuckle. I'm still laughing as I'm writing this reply.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 7:18 PM

Diane:

Stephanie---you remind me of that commercial where a woman is singing about  bringing home the bacon and cooking it too---"Because I'm a woman!"

I remember that one. LOL. Do you think a man put that together to make us think we were superwomen? LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 7:30 PM

Lillie:
Is there a brand name for the aloe water?

Lillie,

The first brand we bought was from an asian market which you may have locally. We sent some online to his mom as she has acid reflux from this website for her to try: http://www.kimsasianmarket.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=aloe+vera  Our local conveinvent store has stocked a brand called. "WellBeing"  ALO' that has worked just as well. Mike likes the pomegranite mix. At his age he says it helps him tinkle better too. The times I've drank it I really think it has helped my digestive issues too, but that could be a whole different issue. LOL   

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 5:18 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

i'm still at the workshop in Tampa. Wish I was at home with hubby and even my school kids. Got to say I usually enjoy coming to workshops and learning new stuff but I haven't got a lot from this one.  Maybe this morning will be more interesting.

Darlene, thanks much for the advice.    I really appreciate it.   So you don't use any type of interfacing for a foundation for your tshirt?  Is that correct? 

I hope you all have a great day.

robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 8:26 AM

WOW! I love this new thread. It's so fast.

Thanks for the info Stephanie. I'm going to check out my local grocery store today and see what they have on hand. 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 11:05 AM

Here is a photo of my latest silk ribbon acquisition. I bought similar colors in different sizes this time. I am so excited to get started on my next project. It's going to be a Whisper CQ RR from International Quilters or Worldwide CQ (I can't remember which one is hosting it). I belong to both of them, thanks to Diane-lol.

My block will be done in creams, ivory, and beige with lots of lace and tons of beads. I'm thinking pearls, crystals, and silks. That's why I bought the really pale green for stems and leaves. I'd like to keep it as close to no additional colors as possible.

This is the order from Cam Creations which arrived 3 days after I placed my ordered.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 11:07 AM

Lillie, it makes me want to jump right on their website and order some.  It's packaged nice, too.  Can't wait to see them on your blocks, so don't forget to share a pic with us.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,745
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 11:14 AM

Robin, it's a dreary day to be in Tampa.  Tomorrow will be nicer, I think.  Hope it gets interesting for you.

Linny T

Page 3 of 143 (2137 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use