My Day 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,136 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,048
Points 41,035
Diane replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:38 AM

Hi everyone!  I hope everyone is well and doing fine and had a fun St Patrick's day.   I went for dinner at a friend's house.  We were all ladies and church members and it was pot luck.  We want to do this about 4x a year.  I brought Shamrock earrings for all the ladies.  They loved them!

I have been taking a few days off from stitching.  I haven't received the 2 RR blocks yet.  I do need to work on the job quilt---maybe later today.  I'll be so glad when I get it done!

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 9,095

I finally found you guys........I saw where we have a new name, but I had to search and search to find you. I have the replies come to me in email; so it took forever for me to find you.

I got along fine with my esophagus stretching on Friday.  We stopped at Mc Dondalds and I had pancakes and milk on the way home.  My throat is a little dry and I feel like I have to clear my throat a lot.  I go back to see him on 28th.

I have started on my next "cat quilt".    My son and his girls are coming on the 29th to pick up the other cat quilt. The live in Indianapolis.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:39 PM

Darlene,

Thanks for sharing the method you used in making the t'shirt quilt.Backing the squares with muslin sounds like a good idea.

Diane,

Your St Patrick's Day sounded like fun. What a treat for everyone to have shamrock earrings. That was so nice of you.

Jo,

Good to hear your esophagus stretch went well, and that you are off and running on another cat quilt. Same prints or have you found something different?  

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:47 PM

I'm not sure if it's the new post or the site has done some maintenance, but it seems to be loading lightening fast.

Not much happening in my neck of the woods but work and paperwork. I won't bore you with the details.

However, I can't begin to tell you how much I am longing to clear all the tax prep off my desk and tabletops in my sewing room and get back to projects. I'm glad to see it be light longer into the evening too. Keeps me awake past 7:30. LOL.

Hope all of you have enjoyed your day....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,055
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:30 PM

Diane, how nice of you to give shamrock earrings to your lady friends.  Sounds like a fun time.  How many more rows do you have to go on the work quilt?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,055
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:31 PM

Jo, I'm glad to hear the throat stretching went okay.  I've never heard of that.  What causes it?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,095
Points 110,055
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:33 PM

Stephanie, it is fast tonight, isn't it?  Nice for a change.  Maybe it was the thread being too long.  Hope you find the bottom of your paperwork soon.  Glad you're not lost in it.  Sounds like you're about to whip it.  Are you getting close?  It must be tough to work all day and come home to have to do that.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,048
Points 41,035
Diane replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 10:29 PM

Normajo---glad to hear all went well with your procedure.  Why did they doi it?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,048
Points 41,035
Diane replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 10:32 PM

Linny---on the job quilt--it's the same place it was in the fall---row 7 out of 13.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 6:07 AM

Hi Jo,

Glad to hear that the procedure went well. Pancakes...yummy. What a nice treat.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 9,095

Stephanie:
Same prints or have you found something different?  

I found another panel just like the first one for the center and I had some of the same fabric left over from the first.  I also found some more cat fabric that I didn't know I had to use in this one.  I have another panel  that I like even better than this one that I am going to use to make a cat quilt for us and I will tell my oldest granddaughter it is for her when I am gone.

Yesterday my legs were hurting so bad and even my arms and I thought I was getting the flu. Then at suppertime I realized I hadn't  taken my morning pills. Sometimes I wonder if the pills are really helping me.......now I know!!  I feel fine this morning.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 9,095

Linny t:
What causes it?

I am not sure If mine had always been like that or not; but he did say that acid reflux can cause it. He had put me on medicine for that after the first time.  Prevecid (sp?) I am going to try to remember to ask him when I go back. He also said if you don't take Prevecid twice a day, on an empty stomach, you might as well throw it in the wastebasket.  I have been doing as he said. I keep them right on the bathroom sink.  Before I went up for surgery, I asked the nurse what they use to stretch it and she said it is a rubber tube that is tapered on the end and he just keeps pushing it down until it is the size he wants it to be.  When I got to surgery there was a table about 2 ft. square full of these rubber tubes and they were 2 ft long.  I want to remember to ask him if he used all of them on me. The nurse said it only takes about  15 min. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 8:13 AM

normajo1030:
he did say that acid reflux can cause it.

Mike's had his stretched a couple times for the same reason. He'd get to where food (especially steak) would just get stuck in his throat and wouldn't go up or down. He's been on prevacid and or prilosec for years. The reason I'm telling you this is about six months ago he started drinking aloe water. It's a flavored one that has pulp. He's gone from having to take the prevacid twice a day to being able to hardly ever have to take it. A first since I've known him.  The funny thing is he just started drinking it one day because he had heard it was good for the digestive system. He had no idea it would have this long term effect.

I love hearing about your cat quilts. I still want to do the little garden patch cat blocks that I've collected some patterns for. Keep us posted. Good to hear your med's are really helping. I guess sometimes we don't know until we miss a day or two. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 9,095

Diane:
Why did they doi it?

I was having a lot of trouble getting choked and feeling like food would stick in the back (top) of my throat. Sometimes it would feel like food would go up in my nose. I was eating one day and I said to George, "I think a green bean just went up my nose."    I blew my nose and out came the bean.  I know TMI.  lol  I was ok for several months (they did it last June) and then I started getting choked again.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,460
Points 137,893
Stephanie replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 8:24 AM

Linny t:
.  Sounds like you're about to whip it.  Are you getting close?  It must be tough to work all day and come home to have to do that.

It's just because it's tax time that I've had to do that. And yes, I've whipped it! Business and personal returns are finished and good to go. I just need to make copies and fly them off. Today I'm working on a side job of some furniture. Just prepping it so far. That part will just take a couple hours and then the rest of the day is mine. Woohoo!

Page 2 of 143 (2137 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use