National Button Society

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t Posted: Wed, Feb 6 2013 2:59 PM

Did you know that there is something called the National Button Society?  I didn't.  They have memberships, annual conventions, a Facebook page and much much more.  From the talk in this group about our love of buttons, I thought some of you might be interested, so here's the link .  From there you can click on the Button Gallery for links to pics of beautiful, amazing buttons.  The Peach State gallery has pics that are  really close up and with alternate views when you cursor over them.  See, we're not crazy for being so fond of our buttons.  

Linny T

• Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 3:10 PM

That was amazing. I had no idea that there was a button society. Thanks Linny.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Oh My! Who knew? Maybe we'll find a treasure in some of those vintage buttons? They're all treasures to me. I loved what they said in the beginning that anything you like is worth collecting. Great site, and thank you. 

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 5:12 PM

I wrote this post while I was at work.  It had slowed down for me and my boss had gone home.  Still I kind of did it on the sly and had to keep popping over to look at the galeries.  I didn't get nearly a good enough look around.  I'll be doing that next.  There is a magazine called Bead & Button that I am going to get.  They, of course, have a website where you can sign up for newsletters.  That's how I found this, through the editor's blog.  The site has lots to offer even if you don't order the magazine.  Of course it's mostly jewelry, so you all may not be interested.  It just goes to show you how every form of art and craft overlaps somewhere.  What a wonderful world we live in!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 6:00 PM

Hi Everyone

I have been not been very diligent in writing lately!  My dragons are mating and seem to need eachother now.  This goes on for about a month then I will have to buy an incubator I'm afraid.  Anyway it's a good way to make them pay for themselves.  When I put them in their respective tanks at night they just stare at each other all night.  Tonight I'm going to keep them together.   It has kept me busy.  LOL

I will be mailing out your block on 'Friday Lillie.  I have decided to use the pick up service that the post office offers and I scheduled a Friday pick up.  You just have to be sending things priority mail.  It's worth it for me!

I have gotten hooked on some games on Facebook.  If anyone wants to "friend" me, I am  Diane Giese Bean.  I have made some quilting friends, one of them Allison Adler.  If you friend me you can hook up with other crazy quilters.  It would be nice to see you there.

Thanks Linny for the Buttons and Bead site.  I have signed up for the newsletter.  The magazine looks good.

Saturday there is going to be a "Black History Event" here and I'll be selling jewelry.  I only had to pay $5.00 for a table.  Should be fun!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,335
Points 113,885
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 6:06 PM

I was wondering how long the mating thing went on, although I think you mentioned it a ways back.  I just can't wait to see as you go through the egg stage and finally baby dragons.  How exciting!

Thanks for telling about the Facebook site.  I may check it out.  I usually avoid Facebook, but for CQ I might just give it a go.  Glad you liked the sites.  Did you check out the buttons?  I got my button box out and started looking at it differently.

Good luck with your sales on Saturday.  For $5 it's worth it just for the exposure, right?  I'm sure you'll sell a lot.  Your stuff is beautiful.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 6:17 AM

Diane:

Hi Everyone

I have been not been very diligent in writing lately!  My dragons are mating and seem to need eachother now.  This goes on for about a month then I will have to buy an incubator I'm afraid.  Anyway it's a good way to make them pay for themselves.  When I put them in their respective tanks at night they just stare at each other all night.  Tonight I'm going to keep them together.   It has kept me busy.  LOL

I will be mailing out your block on 'Friday Lillie.  I have decided to use the pick up service that the post office offers and I scheduled a Friday pick up.  You just have to be sending things priority mail.  It's worth it for me!

I have gotten hooked on some games on Facebook.  If anyone wants to "friend" me, I am  Diane Giese Bean.  I have made some quilting friends, one of them Allison Adler.  If you friend me you can hook up with other crazy quilters.  It would be nice to see you there.

Diane,

Very interesting about the dragons needing each other. Tell us how it goes keeping them together at night. I'll be interested to know the process when you get the incubator.

Woo hoo about my block. Can't wait to see it in person. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Too funny about FB. It's easy to get hooked on the games. I used to play all those gardening games. Would take me over 3 hours every morning to garden. One day I decided that I was wasting too much time on FB and never went back there. lol  Maybe it's time for me to get back into the chatty part of it.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Diane:
When I put them in their respective tanks at night they just stare at each other all night.  Tonight I'm going to keep them together.   It has kept me busy.  LOL

I would imagine it has kept you busy, and it has to be fascinating to watch their behavior.

Glad you are having some fun with FB. I rarely go on there. It's everything I can do to get through the day and post here. If I have time to get started up again, I'll look you up.

Look forward to hearing about sales at the Black History event. $5.00 for a table sounds like pure profit to me. : )

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Linny t:
There is a magazine called Bead & Button that I am going to get.  They, of course, have a website where you can sign up for newsletters.

I'd love to check this out. Two of my favorite things in one magazine! You're so right in not looking at our buttons the same way. LOL Thanks for sharing this with us.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:56 AM

Lillie--you are so right about these games as a waste of time.  I think they must have some benefit to improving your memory and reaction time but I don't know if it's worth it.  It's a good relaxing thing but you have to set limits which is often hard to do!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Who Nu??  This site was wonderful.  Thanks Linny for the link.

As we all agree, I will look at my buttons differently after seeing this site.  I may even defend my buttons a little more aggressively after reading some of the things they wrote.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 3:30 PM

Linny t:
Did you know that there is something called the National Button Society?  I didn't

Linny,

I'd heard of them but never followed up. I have tons of buttons but nothing as cool as I've seen in the galleries. Thanks for the link.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,115
Points 67,290
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 6:21 AM

Really Cool!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use