Sooooo Excited!

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 334
Points 9,150
Norma Doll Posted: Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:53 AM

I don't know if any of you have Fiskars scissors or rotary cutters or not; anyway  they are guaranteed for life. 

I had a pair of pinking shears that were sticking, so I packaged them up and sent them to the company with a note saying "fix or replace, please.  I just got them back today......A BRAND NEW PAIR!!!!  Needless to say I was extatic.   Soooooooooo excited!!!  They were really quick too. it had only been about a week and a half since I mailed them. I have had regular scissors of theirs that I have sent back to be repaired also.  You can find their address on line; just put in Fiskars.    I hate all the strings you have when you use straigth scissors or rotary to cut.

I have another thing that I use that I really love.....I have a little pink iron that looks like a childs toy iron. I got it at JoAnne's. I keep it right by my sewing machine and I have a snack table to my left that I cut and press the fabric and the seams. It works really great.  Not steam, just flat iron. It would be good for appliques also.  I have one of the tiny Clover irons, but I like this one better. 

I hope some of this will be of help to you.     Jo

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:56 AM

woo hoo Jo.  Good to know about Fiskars lifetime warranty.  I can just see you sitting by your sewing machine with that little pink iron on the side. Brings a smile to my heart.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,119
Points 110,550
Linny t replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 12:02 PM

Thanks for the tips, Jo.  I didn't know that about Fiskars scissors.  I have a mini iron that I use for applique.  I used to use the Clover Iron but I kept burning my fingers with it.  I still use it on tiny stuff, but as a rule I like my little iron.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,063
Points 41,335
Diane replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 12:28 PM

Good to know jo!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,497
Points 138,408
Stephanie replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 7:06 PM

Thanks for sharing this Jo. I had no idea, and congrat's on them sending you a new pair in such a timely manner.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use