Cute As a Button Pictures

rated by 0 users
This post has 243 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 5:46 PM

Thanks Linny!  I'm working on it.  I did add more sparkle but as usual, it's hard to see.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 5:24 AM

Diane,

Beautiful work as always.   You are welcome to add anything you want to the areas I worked in, if you have anymore ideas you want to try.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:09 AM

WOW! Look at my block. It's stunning. There is so much to see. I can't wait to see it in person.

Thank you Diane, Linny, Stephanie, and Robin for all the love and hours of stitching you put into my first CQ block. I will treasure it always.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 11:59 AM

It's here!!!! My block is home!!! And it is amazing!!!! Thank you all so much. Happy dance!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Tue, Feb 5 2013 12:33 PM

Diane,

Beautiful work on Lillie's block! You have gotten so good at doing silk flower arrangements! Love your button cluster and all the extra beads and crystals. It's a beauty!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 5:04 PM

I got my block in the mail today.  What a wonderful surprise to come home to!  I have to say that I'm in awe of the beautiful handwork on this little 12" x 12" area!  There is so much that you don't see in the pictures, I will probably write about it more later.  I showed my daughter and she just fawned over it.  Then she started asking me questions about all of you, where you live & which parts you all did.  She said it's like having pen pals with benefits.  I thought that was cute.  Nate liked it and asked if I made it.  I told him you all had and he said I had good friends.  I told him Yes indeed I do!

I want to thank each of you for doing such a remarkable job for me.  I will treasure this block always.  I was going to make a pillow with it, but have decided to mount it and frame it under glass along with the journal to keep it looking as beautiful as it does now for always.  Reading my journal actually made me mist up.  What a lovely gift!

Diane, I am just putting the finishing touches on yours and it'll be in the mail by Saturday.  I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 6:24 AM

It was a joy to do.

It's funny that you mention how your family reacted.  Mine have been the same way about each block.  As I worked they wanted to know whose it was and what I was planning.   So I told them about each of you.  They think we have some kind of girl gossip session going on.   Their too funny.   If they only knew they were the ones I gossip about.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,116
Points 67,325
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 6:27 AM

Черепашка из бисера

I found this little guy on pinterest this morning.   I wish I had saw him before I did Diane's block.

http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/mosja1/post229066076/  

It's in Russian but gave visual instructions.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:36 AM

Robin:

Черепашка из бисера

I found this little guy on pinterest this morning.   I wish I had saw him before I did Diane's block.

Robin

He's really cute. I wish I'd had more experience before I did Diane's block. There are so many other items I would do now instead of the ones I added.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:03 AM

There's always next time girls. : ) That little turtle is adorable.

I wanted to post a pic of my work on Robin's block. I'm going to have to redo the total pic. The full block pic I took looks out of square, and I want to re do it. I'll edit this when I get a good one.

Since this block is multidirectional, I'm going to post two finished pic's so everyone gets to share the view.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,159
Points 43,045
Diane replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 11:09 AM

Stephanie----it's gorgeous.  I would have never thought of that.  The birds are lovely. Your work is exquisite as usual!!!

Stephanie:

There's always next time girls. : ) That little turtle is adorable.

I wanted to post a pic of my work on Robin's block. I'm going to have to redo the total pic. The full block pic I took looks out of square, and I want to re do it. I'll edit this when I get a good one.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 12:12 PM

Stephanie,

Your work is beautiful. Those birds are stunning. And such a wonderful imagination on what it put in that area. Your birds remind me of Trish Burr's miniatures. Just lovely Stephanie.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 12:14 PM

The beading you put on the flowers and stems looks like dew drops. You did such an incredible job on Robin's block.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858
Stephanie replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 12:22 PM

Thank you Diane and Lillie.

I'd like to take credit for those lovely little birds Lillie. One day with much practice, maybe I'll be able to embroider like that. But These were appliques. When I saw them I couldn't resist the temptation to use them.   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,338
Points 113,550
Linny t replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:08 PM

Robin:

Черепашка из бисера

Robin

Robin, this is just adorable!  Thanks for the link.

Linny T

Page 14 of 17 (244 items) «Prev1213141516Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use