Cute As a Button Pictures

rated by 0 users
This post has 243 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,457
Points 137,848

Lillie:

Woo hoo!! I finished Stephanie's block!  I'll post it here and in media. Gosh this was fun. Can't wait to do another one.

Stephanie-I'll put it in the mail on Sat.

Woohoo is right!!!! Your work is just lovely, and this time I'm speechless.  That would be the day!  LOL.. I love the way you carried the teal in the swirl of chains. The silk ribbon and chains with the lighter greens and purpleu pinks carry Diane's and Robin's flowers so nicely around.Love the trim with the beads and the little white flowers, and lady bugs. The button cluster with the fan is so in keeping with the Asian fabrics. And all the little highlight beads, I am still blown away that this is your first time doing CQ,

I want to add that evryone has done an amazing job on not just mine, but all of the block. I am so thrilled and want to thank you each for all of the time and effort you have put into this, I will treasure it always..... 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,971
Points 63,920
Robin replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 11:27 AM

Robin's Work on Linny's Block

I really enjoyed working on Linny's Block.  You have all done such beautiful work.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,971
Points 63,920
Robin replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 11:29 AM

Lillie,

Your work on Stephanie's Block is gorgeous.   I love the way you tied everything together.   Your stitches are beautiful and ideas are so creative.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,047
Points 41,015
Diane replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 12:09 PM

Hi Everyone

Robin---I love the work you did on Linny's block.  I like the thimble charm and the fan.  Lovely flowers and beading.  The block turned out so beautiful!

Linny---wow--sounds like a bad bite.  Beandryl may help as well as benadryl cream.   Motrin is for inflammation so that may be good.   Good to hear it's better. Glad to hear it's better though.  I hope you and your sister have a great day.

Darlene--glad to hear everything went OK---hopefully the worst is over.

Stephanie and Linny--thank you for asking about my little critters.

I have been having a busy week. I found Guido under my bed near where I sleep.  He wasn't happy that I found him but since then he has mated with my female several times.  It seems like she is in love with him because instead of hiding like she did at first, she spends time staring at him while he is in his won tank.  All night they are in sight of each other and during the day they want to be together.  This is typical mating behavior,  I am learning.  In a month or so I should have some fertilized eggs.  I will try to buy and incubator and see what happens.

I am also putting the finishing touches on Lillie's block.  It won't be long!

I have enjoyed reading and lurking! LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 2:28 PM

Hi Everyone,

Here is the pic for Stephanie's completed block. It's just lovely. I also posted it in media.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 2:28 PM

Oh I forgot to mention this. Stephanie, your block is on it;s way. Should be there by Wed. I put tracking on it.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,092
Points 110,040
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 4:44 PM

Robin, I love it!  That sweet little fan, the button cluster with all the charms...I see a little angel in there...the thimble...All of it....I am overwhelmed!  And to think this was a hurry up and make it because the first one got lost in the mail block.  I will treasure this block forever.  Thank you for such beautiful, delicate work!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,092
Points 110,040
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 4:46 PM

Lillie, your work blends so well with the rest of Stephanie's block.  I really like the scalloped work you did.  So lovely!  Thanks for posting the full size pic.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,092
Points 110,040
Linny t replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 4:54 PM

Diane:
It seems like she is in love with him because instead of hiding like she did at first, she spends time staring at him while he is in his won tank.
This made me giggle!  True love, just in time for Valentine's day.  Too cute.  How long does it take for the eggs to Hatch?  Could you be a gramma by easter?  Guido did not realize how great his luck was that you rescued him, eh?  They are such characters!

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,457
Points 137,848

Robin,

Your work on Linny's block is beautiful. I love your little blue flowers and the fan looks really pretty with the pink accents.  The thimble charm is perfect for Linny too.

Sweet! Great job!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,047
Points 41,015
Diane replied on Sat, Feb 2 2013 7:56 PM

Linny--glad to hear that your sister is getting back to her old self.  I would love lunch at outback----it's been a long time.

About these love dragons. It should take at least a month for her to drop her eggs.  They will be mating like this for a few weeks.  This is all new to me.  It takes several weeks for the eggs to hatch.  I will have to buy an incubator like I said.  I'll be doing  some more research.  It is disturbing to me because they want to be together all day and they make lots of noises rushing around.  The mating dance is strange.  I should video tape it but some people have and placed it on the internet.  It's funny and disturbing at the same time.  LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,971
Points 63,920
Robin replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 4:59 AM

Linny,

I'm so glad you like your block.  Can't wait to get it ship to you.  I'm aiming for Monday. 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,092
Points 110,040
Linny t replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:36 AM

Thanks, Robin. I can hardly wait!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,047
Points 41,015
Diane replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 1:44 PM

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,092
Points 110,040
Linny t replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 4:15 PM

Just beautiful, Diane.  You did a lot with the little space you had left.  Really nice ribbon work.  You are a natural at that.

Linny T

Page 13 of 17 (244 items) «Prev1112131415Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use