Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 6:41 AM

Thanks, Diane.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 7:21 AM

WOW! It's so beautiful Linny. I just can't wait to get it home so I can look at it up close.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,259
Points 112,780
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 11:08 AM

Thanks, Lillie.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Linny,

Your works are always wonders to my eyes. So much detail and artistry. Love the way you came off your lace motif with little flourishes, and the additions of the leaves and rounds look great in the center. Beautiful L and button cluster.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,259
Points 112,780
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 10:15 AM

Thanks Stephanie.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,078
Points 66,545
Robin replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 7:10 AM

Linny,

Your work is beautiful as always.   It seems to just flow beautifully between the work that was already done.   Just like you do with this group you have brought it all together.   I love the the L  where do you and Stephanie find such great appliques. 

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Robin:
where do you and Stephanie find such great appliques

I've collected some from Ribbonsmyth, and esd. Speaking of ESD they have a 15% off sale on everything.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,259
Points 112,780
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:53 PM

Thanks Robin.  It means a lot to me that you said that about my work and even more so about the group.  The L is trim that I couched.  I think I got it from Evening Star in one of their trim bundles.  The lace motif is from a collection of vintage stuff I got from Farmhouse Fabrics, I think.  It's been awhile.  I get a lot of stuff from old clothes, too.  It's fun to be on the lookout for things.  Makes life a little more interesting.  I have been known to tell people that when they're done with their blouse or dress to give it to me so I can use the pretty bits, lol.  If you do that enough, people start helping you collect things.

You know, your work was stunning and most of it didn't show up in the picture.  Pictures don't really show what we'd like them to.  I love the little silk ribbon roses.  Very inventive how you used the pattern in the fabric and accentuated it.  I love doing that, too.  I didn't even see the spider in the pic, much less the glimmering web.  Really nice touch.  That's one of the things I like about the RR the most - that we get to see the work in person.       

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,259
Points 112,780
Linny t replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:56 PM

Stephanie:

Speaking of ESD they have a 15% off sale on everything.

I know, and I want to get some more of the Stef Francis threads.  I've gone on that site twice and keep shopping, but don't buy.  I may just order tomorrow.  I hope I didn't miss the sale.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Linny t:
You know, your work was stunning and most of it didn't show up in the picture.  Pictures don't really show what we'd like them to.  I love the little silk ribbon roses.  Very inventive how you used the pattern in the fabric and accentuated it.  I love doing that, too.  I didn't even see the spider in the pic, much less the glimmering web.  Really nice touch.

Robin,

Everything Linny said is true. Your work is beautiful. I felt bad with the first pic, because on my screen I couldn't make out any of the details to really compliment you on this properly. You do  great works.  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:57 PM

Robin's block after Lillie

Woo Hoo! This was so much fun. I used a lot of silk ribbon on this block. I am really pleased with the way it turned out, even though this is my first time using silks. I hope that you are pleased as well Robin.

I did post this in media, but it never seems to show up for me.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,259
Points 112,780
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:02 PM

Lillie, what a lovely bouquet you made.  Are you sure this is your first time doing CQ?  Your roses look like you've been at this for some time.  Wow!  Love the little birdie and bows made like that are my favorites.  The little butterfly and the tiny dragonfly are like icing on the cake.  Love your little button clutch, too.  Sweet!  That's pretty lace trim.  You're a natural at this.

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,143
Points 42,725
Diane replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:15 PM

Lillie-----your work on Robin's block is so pretty!  The roses are gorgeous and I love how you made the basket!  Looks like you had fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Lillie,

I love your bouquet. You did a reat job on your roses! I'm with Linny, it definitely looks like you've been doing this for a long time. I have been admiring the blocks that have come around with how delicate your stitches are and your use of french knots. Your button cluster is really pretty and  cute little touches with the bird and butterfly. Great job!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:09 AM

Linny t:

Lillie, what a lovely bouquet you made.  Are you sure this is your first time doing CQ?  Your roses look like you've been at this for some time.  Wow!  Love the little birdie and bows made like that are my favorites.  The little butterfly and the tiny dragonfly are like icing on the cake.  Love your little button clutch, too.  Sweet!  That's pretty lace trim.  You're a natural at this.

Thank you Linny. This is indeed high praise coming from you, as I've seen your work which is stunning.

northern colorado

Page 11 of 17 (244 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use