Cute As a Button Pictures

rated by 0 users
This post has 243 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 38,355
Diane replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:45 PM

Thank you Linny.  I do love the silk ribbon---the colors are gorgeous.  I am learning so much and am glad I can use it on these blocks.  We are all striving to do better with our skills.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,253
Points 134,738
Stephanie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 5:23 AM

I had to come back and have another look. It's so beautiful!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,846
Points 60,945
Robin replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:25 AM

Diane,

Your work is absolutely beautiful.   I'm like Stephanie I love colsinade (can't spell it but like it).   Years ago my aunt gave me a necklace that was made from these type of beads.  But you work is so detailed and filling.  I need to learn how to be more filling.  When I look at your work and Linny's I see how minimalistic my work is.   I've got to work on that in my next project.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,930
Linny t replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:15 AM

Diane:
We are all striving to do better with our skills.
 That is so true, Diane.  It makes a big difference that we are doing this for people we love and want to give them something of ourselves that is our best.  I can't think of a better way to improve our skills than reaching for so noble a goal.  I love it!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 38,355
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:52 AM

Robin--I have noticed that crazy quilting evolves like other types of quilting.  When I learned to crazy quilt years ago, I did less detail as was the style then.  A few years ago "encrusting" became popular.  When I look at my old quilts, they look almost bare!!  I decided to work towards a more detailed work.  You did very pretty ribbon flowers on Stephanie's block.  You have all the skills!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 38,355
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:17 AM

Thank you Stephanie.  I am happy that you are so pleased!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 38,355
Diane replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:19 AM

You know Robin---you have so many skills.  I am always amazed at all you can do.  I have no idea how to paper piece.  That quilt is gorgeous!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,846
Points 60,945
Robin replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 2:48 PM

Diane:

You know Robin---you have so many skills.  I am always amazed at all you can do.  I have no idea how to paper piece.  That quilt is gorgeous!

Thanks, Diane.  Paper piecing is very easy.   If you use a foundation and flip your fabric when you make your crazy quilt squares then you can paper piece it's the same principal.  You just have to remember you are working backwards.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,253
Points 134,738

Diane:

Robin--I have noticed that crazy quilting evolves like other types of quilting.  When I learned to crazy quilt years ago, I did less detail as was the style then.  A few years ago "encrusting" became popular.  When I look at my old quilts, they look almost bare!!  I decided to work towards a more detailed work.  You did very pretty ribbon flowers on Stephanie's block.  You have all the skills!

I can so relate to this being evolving. My spring block I was totally focusing on the seams. Then I saw these mags like Pat Winters Gatheriings and took that encrusted CQ class and before I knew it, I wanted to do more! LOL. I love the texture and looking at all the details.

I love what you did on my block Robin. I'm going to treasure it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,253
Points 134,738

Linny t:
It makes a big difference that we are doing this for people we love and want to give them something of ourselves that is our best.  I can't think of a better way to improve our skills than reaching for so noble a goal.  I love it!

Big ditto on that!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:42 AM

I just wanted to tell everyone thiese are amazing . I didn't take part in this  but I just may in the future . Stunning.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 23,525

Stephanie:
 My spring block I was totally focusing on the seams

I didn't think about it until you posted this comment but I have always focused on the seams when embellishing my CQ. 

Seeing what you ladies have done during this RR, I will be rethinking my methods for future projects.  I want to do something fully embellished which I would like to start soon.  I am so encouraged by what I have seen from this group.  Thank you for this inspiration.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,815
Points 105,930
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 4:45 PM

Here's my work on Lillie's block.

Robin:

Lillie's Block After Robin working on it

Linny T

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 38,355
Diane replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:06 PM

Linny t:

Here's my work on Lillie's block.

Linny--I love the work you did on Lillie's block.  I love the cotton lace with the gold accents and the buttons look beautiful.  I love the sparkly monogram and the beaded flowers.  The block is really looking beautifully!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,907
Points 38,355
Diane replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 10:13 PM

Diane:
The block is really looking beautifully!

I meant to say "it's coming along beautifully" :o)

Page 10 of 17 (244 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use