Cute As a Button Pictures

rated by 0 users
This post has 243 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:55 AM

Not home until Sat Dec 8. Today will be another lazy day as my sista's back and shoulder are causing her a lot of discomfort. Tomorrow (Fri) will be a really busy day for us.

Last week, my sista bought a new sewing machine and she has her lessons on Fri. She bought a little $200 Singer. I've been using it. Nice little machine and a really good motor. I'm pleased with it's performance. I was just sewing away the other day and my sista came in and said "don't go so fast!"  I said "better to break it now." I wasn't going that fast, just a bit over half speed.  She's kind of a nervous nellie.  lol

Now mind you, I'm supposed to be teaching her how to do things on her machine. She just won't come in so I can show her the simple stuff. I really think she is intimidated by the machine. She'll never quilt, she just doesn't have the patience for that.  I hope she uses it when I'm gone.

We put it right in front of a window that get's tons of  indirect light. It's really a perfect sewing area for her.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:04 AM

Diane:

Yes, they are crystal pink butterflies.  I have ordered  from Amazon "The Handbook of Silk Ribbon Embroidery" by Ann Cox.  It had great reviews and was about $10.

OMGosh! I HAVE to get that book!!!!!  I have 3 other books from Amazon that are scheduled to be delivered around Dec 18-20. I can't remember what they are ATM. I wonder if I was smart enough to order the silk ribbon book?  lol

northern colorado

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:17 AM

Now this is sad. I can't find my order on Amazon. One of the books I ordered wasn't going to be released until early Dec. That's why the order wasn't coming until mid-Dec. And I can't find the confirmation email for the order. And I can't remember what the book was that I wanted.  boo hoo.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:25 AM

woo hoo! I found my order. It wasn't Amazon, it was Barnes and Noble. Unfortunately, I was not smart enough to order the silk ribbon book from them.  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:30 AM

Diane:

I have ordered  from Amazon "The Handbook of Silk Ribbon Embroidery" by Ann Cox.  It had great reviews and was about $10.

That is a great looking book. I just need $11 more to get free shipping. What other book shall I get?

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,119
Points 110,550
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 11:58 AM

I like how amazon puts book selection with other books to make a package.  Sometimes they recommend one I didn't know existed.  I also like the wish list.  I'll save things I want on there and then pick one when I'm looking for the $25 total for free shipping.  I recently got Mary Thomas' Complete book of Embroidery Stitches, just because I wanted it and I got one on bead embroidery that I've had on my wish list like forever.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,119
Points 110,550
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 12:03 PM

Lillie:
my sista bought a new sewing machine and she has her lessons on Fri. She bought a little $200 Singer.
I have a little singer and it's so reliable.  I've had it for years.  Even when I neglect it it sews great. 

Once your sista starts sewing she may get hooked on it.  You never know.  The least will be that she'll have a sewing machine you can use when you visit.  My grand daughter in NY got a sewing machine given to her without instructions and I was trying to tell her over the phone how to thread it and diagnose tension problems without seeing them.  That'll be you unless you get your sista in there to watch what to do, lol.  Hope her aches ease up so she can feel like it.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,063
Points 41,335
Diane replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 12:16 PM

Lillie:
That is a great looking book. I just need $11 more to get free shipping. What other book shall I get?

Lillie---I would love to buy a book by Di Van Niekirk.   I think there is one about roses and another more general one on 'Amazon that is for sale.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,063
Points 41,335
Diane replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 12:29 PM

I bought a heavy duty Singer a few years ago.  It works well.  I learned on an old singer that just had a straight stitch and I remember I had to clean it only once.  Singer has sold the company so it's someone else.  But when I need help with it I did call and they gave me good advise.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 12:46 PM

Linny t:

I like how amazon puts book selection with other books to make a package.  Sometimes they recommend one I didn't know existed.  I also like the wish list.  I'll save things I want on there and then pick one when I'm looking for the $25 total for free shipping.  I recently got Mary Thomas' Complete book of Embroidery Stitches, just because I wanted it and I got one on bead embroidery that I've had on my wish list like forever.

I got that book also. I just love it.

I got a bead embroidery design book, and 2 other books, from B&N, that I can't remember ATM.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 12:50 PM

Diane:

Lillie:

Lillie---I would love to buy a book by Di Van Niekirk.   I think there is one about roses and another more general one on 'Amazon that is for sale.

Oh her books look wonderful.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 1:00 PM

I put Diane's and Linny's book recommendations on my Amazon wish list. I'll wait and see what other recommendations I get before I make a decision on what to purchase. I must say, both those books look wonderful. The images are just beautiful and makes me want to take out my silks and start practicing.

Can I iron my silk ribbons?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,063
Points 41,335
Diane replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 1:01 PM

Linny t:
I'll save things I want on there and then pick one when I'm looking for the $25 total for free shipping. 

I use the wish list too Linny.  I do that with Fire Mountain Gems and JoAnn's and other sites.  Then at the 1st of the month I get what I can.  I recently bought a forsythia wreath from JoAnn's that I wanted for a few months.  It was marked down from $39 to $9.99 so it was a good deal and the sale price held for all that time. I got lucky!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,063
Points 41,335
Diane replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 2:32 PM

Robin---so happy that you like the work that I did.  I was able to use my new ribbons too.

Lillie-you can iron silk ribbon on a low setting.  I want you to know that I sent you Robin's block and you should get it on Monday.  I hope you will be home then.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,119
Points 110,550
Linny t replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 2:46 PM

Diane:
I would love to buy a book by Di Van Niekirk.   I think there is one about roses and another more general one on 'Amazon that is for sale.

I believe Stephanie has the one on roses.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Page 6 of 17 (244 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use