rated by 0 users
This post has 515 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 6:30 PM

Linny t:
Maybe Stephanie had a rough day, too.  I hope that's all it is.  I miss her, too.

Sorry to hear you had a rough day yesterday. Hope today went better. Thanks for missing me. : )

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 6:42 PM

The brown on the left, although it looks kind of like shoelace, looks to me like it could be a close up of silk ribbon and the pink on the top looks like some kind of knit tube trim.  That's my best guess.  Where did you get the picture from?  

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 7:13 PM

Lillie, I wish I could see it better.  There's a variation to a bullion stitch that uses a twisted loop instead of a wrap on the needle and I think that's what this is, but I can't see it.  If I remember right...a questionable thing these days....it's a technique used in Brazilian embroidery.  Still, I can't really see it, so I could be really wrong.  What website did you get this from?  It would help maybe if you linked back to it.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,922
Points 38,590
Diane replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 7:13 PM

I got the text but not the pictures that Lillie posted.  I see them now!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 7:24 PM

I found the stitch I was thinking about.  I'll leave it up to you to decide if it's the one in your pic.  The site is my favorite for learning stitches.  It's Needle n' Thread, Mary Corbet's site.  It's called Cast on Stitch.  That's a link to a video tutorial.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:37 AM

Linny t:

The brown on the left, although it looks kind of like shoelace, looks to me like it could be a close up of silk ribbon and the pink on the top looks like some kind of knit tube trim.  That's my best guess.  Where did you get the picture from?  

Got the images from this web site.  http://inaminuteago.com/buttonquilt/buttonboxgallery.html

Yikes! I'm having issues with this site again. 

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:40 AM

Stephanie:

Lillie, I believe this is a cast on stitch. I'm linking you to a video of how to do it. Beautiful isn't it?   Scroll down a little on the page to start the video: http://www.needlenthread.com/2012/07/cast-on-stitch-video.html

WOW! Thanks Stephanie. The is just exactly what I was looking for.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 11:52 AM

Lillie:

Got the images from this web site.  http://inaminuteago.com/buttonquilt/buttonboxgallery.html

Yikes! I'm having issues with this site again. 

Me, too, Lillie.  I saw where Stephanie gave you the same link as I did, but it says it posted about an hour before mine.  When I read your post it wasn't there.  Strange...they're trying to make us think we're imagining things, lol.

Anyways, In a minute ago is Sharon Boggon's.  She is an amazing Australian CQ artist and blogs about her work.  If you sign up for that blog you'll get weekly doses of her descriptions of her blocks right in your in box.  Here's the link to the Pintangle site.  She puts out one on seam treatments from I Dropped the Button Box on Wednesdays.  On Tuesdays she has TAST (Take a Stitch Tuesday - a group that plays with and learns stitches one per week) and on Friday she sends a free embroidery pattern.  She has online classes, too.  Stephanie took one of these and loved it.  I think it was the Encrusted one.  Also, check out Stitchin Fingers - her HUGE Ning site where you can have your own place to post things and chat in groups - kind of like you do here, (except Ning'ishly).

She is really a nice person and you could send her the pic and ask her your questions about it. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:46 PM

Linny t:
Stephanie took one of these and loved it.  I think it was the Encrusted one.

She truly is a one on a million. The dedication and pages and pages of descriptive material and photo examples were incredible. She went so far beyond the basic art of CQ that I was in a spin at the depth of it all. She lets you download all the chapters to keep forever. It was so worth it! I still refer back to her pages and pic's. They never disappoint and none of these are seen in her website. I'd love to know where she finds all of her stash. Looks like something different every time.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:03 PM

Hello Stephanie,

Just wanted you to know that I mailed a squishy to you today (Sat). Hopefully you will get Linny's block before Thanksgiving.

Don't stress ladies. Diane is holding my next block until Dec 6, as I don't want it just sitting around at the PO. Thanks Diane.

I'll be checking in now and then from my sista's place.

northern colorado

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,278
Points 135,278
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:07 PM

Thanks Lillie. I'll be sure to post when it gets here. Did you post a pic?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,859
Points 61,280
Robin replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 5:00 PM

Just finished Lillie's block.  Added pictures in the "Cute as a Button"Picture Discussion.

Have to do media later.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:24 PM

Robin, you did such a lovely job.  It's beautiful!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,859
Points 61,280
Robin replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 2:10 AM

Linny t:

Robin, you did such a lovely job.  It's beautiful!

Thanks Linny

I hope Lillie likes it.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,849
Points 106,415
Linny t replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:49 AM

I'm sure Lillie will love it, Robin. 

Linny T

Page 30 of 35 (516 items) «Prev2829303132Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use