Hey Everyone!

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 555
Peg Posted: Wed, Nov 18 2009 8:45 AM

Hello to all the crazy quilters... hmmm guess that might actually cover everyone that quilts since we all have "something" about quilting that we're crazy about... I am crazy about applique and I"m looking forward to diving into Crazy Quilts. I've started my journey in the crazy quilt world by creating some greeting cards.

I have to admit, creating crazy quilt blocks is not as easy as it would seem. There has definitely been a learning curve. Trying to get all the raw edges covered and also trying to figure out which method of crazy quilting we're going to use.

I hope to gain knowledge from all of you who have experience in this field and to learning from all your "how-to's."  I love the fact that crazy quilting allows you to explore your own artistic genuis and apply all sorts of needle work skills. Look forward to chatting with you all.

Peg Y.

Wife, Mom, Quilter, Dreamer!

Mantra: Live, Love, Laugh!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Thu, Nov 19 2009 5:56 PM

Hi Peg.  I'm looking for guidance also, so hope someone with some CQ experience will join the group to help us out. !

I'm looking forward to learning together.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,601
Patti replied on Mon, Nov 23 2009 8:20 AM

I am so glad this group has been started.  I have never done crazy quilting before, but have a book on it, and several books on types of embroidery, tatting and embellishment that I hope to use.  I plan on incorporating some pictures printed on fabric.  I have some left overs from my daughter's memory quilt.  But I like best the very old photos.  I want to use some of her photos together with copies of the love letters from Grandpa to her, and tatting as an embellishment.  She tatted.  And perhaps add  some old buttons.  She always cut the buttons off of old shirts before they went in the rag bin. 

I like the photos of those crazy quilt pieces shown and the instructions. 

I may not have time to try anything until after Christmas.

Happy holidays everyone!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use