My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 23,495

Stephanie:

Darlene, Not sure if mercerized thread contains polyester.

Stephanie, thanks for answering.

I have had a couple people tell me that if the spool says 100% cotton, it should be okay so I am proceeding with finishing these potholders up.  Didn't want to frog so many.

Enjoy your day at the Expo.  It is a much deserved break and I hope it is fun.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 23,495

Robin:
I'm not sure about the thread either

Thanks Robin.  I think I feel okay with finishing these up.  Cross your fingers that the people who get these don't have any problems.  [like I said, I think it will be fine based on the responses I got from local friends and the other discussion thread I started]

It is very considerate of you not to wish the cookie tasting on your friends.  Not all people would be that kind.  The other lab for the culinary class sounds like a good test of their skills.  I hope the fundraiser goes well.  Raising money for the band is always a challenge.  At least in WNY.  The school administrators do not always put a lot of importance in the band.  Having a son who was part of the band and being involved with "Band Boosters" [which became Music Boosters] I lived the challenge.  And I dont know about FL but in NY the Music department is getting trimmed back every budget.  So sad.

So glad to see and hear that you are past the funk you were feeling.  It is good to see your posts with a happier note to them.  I continue to pray for the circumstances which led to your angst.

Hope you have a wonderful day as well.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:30 AM

Woo hoo. I found my Shibori Dragon receipt. I did order silk ribbon from them back in Dec. Weird, I could not find silk ribbon on their web site. Wonder if they are no longer carrying silk ribbon?

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:33 AM

That would be OK with me if you wanted to start a new thread. The only thread I have problems with is "My Day"

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:38 AM

That's beautiful Diane. I learned how to make a different kind of flower with silk ribbon this morning. It's on TQS web site. I still love the woven roses, but decided I would try these other flowers in a different place on the block (whenever my Whisper quilt rr gets started)

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,910
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:36 AM

Diane:

Here is the work I did in another RR.  This block is to be placed in a baby girl's room after she is born.  I don't know if I created a mess or an enchanted rose garden but here it its!

Diane, I think your rose garden is just wonderful and I wouldn't go back and change it.

I am starting a new thread for My Day.  It's worth a try, right?  It's been driving me nuts as well.  I'll call it My Day 2, for simplicity sake.  

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:56 PM

Hi everyone!

Thank you for you votes of confidence about my rose garden. 

I have done other stitches but right now I'm stuck on this one.  I have a good workbook for ribbon embroidery.  When I'm ready, I'll move on.

Now I can take a few moments and concentrate on my work quilt before the 2 other blocks arrive.

Lillie, it's facinating that you are doing the whisper quilt.  I lwill be interested to see how that goes!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,905
Points 38,330
Diane replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 1:02 PM

Robin--thank you for your understanding.  I am just sensitive about it too.  One lady said "we live in the same building and we never see eachother".  That was all it was and I took it to heart.  It seems to take people a long time to understand.

Anyway--send some of those chocolate chip cookies my way!!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 324
Points 8,785

Diane:
I don't know if I created a mess or an enchanted

The roses are very pretty, Darlene.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,846
Points 60,930
Robin replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:15 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your day is off to a great start.   I'm off to a Tallahassee to help my mom buy a new computer.   It's not really me she wants it DH so I'm really just a tag along.  Hoping for a stop by Joann's as a reward for being a good wife/daughter.  

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Robin

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,811
Points 105,910
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 6:03 PM

Hope you had a fun day, Robin.  We've started another thread called My Day 2 in hopes it helps with some of the issues we've been having posting.  See you over there.

Linny T

Page 366 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev362363364365366
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use