This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,040
Points 65,605
Robin replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 8:11 PM

normajo1030:

Linny t:
The paper for your wacky web is in triangles, right?  Then you sew and flip strips to the triangles of paper and then trim?

Yes, Linny, that is how it is done. 

I don't remember that it was too painful when it was done the last time. I am going to make some jello tomorrow in case I need something soft to eat. I also have some yogurt that I can eat. I am not going to Wed. night church because I don't want to catch a cold before the surgery.

Jo,

i hope things will go well for you on Friday.  I'll be praying for you.

Robin

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,040
Points 65,605
Robin replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 6:14 AM

Good Morning all of you.

I'm up and rest and ready to roll, but hubby is moving slowly this moving after an almost spill yesterday.  He's not hurt just sore.

Anyway today is Ask a question day,   no limit apparently and no assurance you'll get an answer.   It is also Math Whizzes favorite holiday International Pi Day.   For those of you who are not math quizzes (like me) that is not Pie you eat but Pi you figure.   Go figure,  (haha like the math humor? and I slid a question into!)

As you might can tell my sense of humor has returned.   Although my head is not fully wrapped around the situation that occurred in my room in my absences I am at moving on to the step were I plan major preventative measures for next time.   Which will be next week.  

My classroom this week is in lab mode.  The Food Prep class is all doing an assignment on measuring which involves them making and me eating chocolate chip cookies.  Oh my tragic life!    But I'm extremely proud of my culinary kids.  They had a very hard cooking types lab yesterday and handled the pressure extremely well.  I had to jump in a lot but they didn't get frazzled and quit.  We cooked four different dishes from start to finish in about 1hour and 1/2.   Crazy things like Chicken Stir Fry that required them to clarify butter and conssae fresh tomatoes.   Chop everything.   They were using their knife skills, safety skills and measuring skills extremely well.   I still have some who want to talk more than they work.   But overall I was very impressed.

Friday we're going to make some desserts for the band concert.  Simple things like trifle, dirt cake and some chocolate delight.   The band does a funderaiser were they sell tickets people come eat desserts and listen to the music.  This will give the kids a chance to put their skills to work to help others.

Well, DH is about ready so I better run.  School starts at 8:05 and I still have to do a little prep for the lab.

Have a great day.  I'm off to eat cookies.

Robin

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 7:23 AM

Praying that all goes well for you on Fri. Jo.

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 7:30 AM

What did we purchase from Shibori Dragon? Was it fabric? I can't find my last invoice from them and when I went to their web site, I did not see any silk ribbon or beads. Now I can't figure out what I've purchased from them in the past. I know someone recommended them, but I can't remember why.  lol  Old age ain't for sissy's.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:11 AM

Jo, you'll be in my prayers.  Let us know how it goes. You're wise to stay home and not risk catching a cold.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:17 AM

Lillie:

What did we purchase from Shibori Dragon? Was it fabric? I can't find my last invoice from them and when I went to their web site, I did not see any silk ribbon or beads. Now I can't figure out what I've purchased from them in the past. I know someone recommended them, but I can't remember why.  lol  Old age ain't for sissy's.

Lillie, I don't think I've ever ordered from them.  Maybe Stephanie was the one.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:22 AM

Robin, I'm happy that your sense of humor has returned.  Whatever happened in your classroom must have been huge for it to still be bothering you.  I'm sorry it's bugging you to the point you have to take preventative measures for when you're away.  

Your labs and all that food going on sounds yummy and fun.  Need any help with the cookies?  I'll help you eat them, lol.

Hope you have a terrific day!

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:50 PM

Hi everyone!  I haven't written in a few days.  Tuesday evening I got out to a church thing---a program with the missionaries at out visitor's center.  It was so uplifting which I needed so much.  Even people who are sick themsleves have a hard time seeing my illness.  I look younger and healthy and they often can't see past themsleves.

I have been doing ribbon work on my second RR.  I don't like the colors so I'll be redoing some.  The time is now to mail it out but I will have to redo to be happy.  I'll post pics.  It takes a lot to work on someone elses block!  Anxiety!

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,214
Points 111,985
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:55 PM

Hi, Diane.  Sounds like your church program was a real inspiration for you.  I've found that all people have a hard time feeling for someone who is sick unless they can see it or if they've had it themselves.  You're right.  People just can't see past themselves sometimes.

Oh, the pressure....of doing silk ribbon work on someone else's block....worth every second, though.  It pushes you to do your best, doesn't it?  Can't wait to see the pics.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Trying this again. 

Was in the midst of posting a question and it is gone.

Editing my post  because it was gone again.

Short and sweet:  anyone know if 100% mercerized thread has any polyester in it?

Making microwave bowl potholders and they can become flammable if there are polyester fibers included.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Good afternoon all.

Feeling the frustration Lillie had recently with this discussion thread.  I lost my post twice and then it posted before I finished typing and some of it was gone.  I went in and edited it but how unhappy I am right at this moment.

I am wondering if we have chatted so much in this thread that it is too big for the site?

I know that the general discussions end and the moderator puts a new suffix on the title periodically.  Like "have you worked on a quilt today..."

Linny, should this happen with the "My Day..."?

Just a thought.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,104
Points 42,065
Diane replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:35 PM

Here is the work I did in another RR.  This block is to be placed in a baby girl's room after she is born.  I don't know if I created a mess or an enchanted rose garden but here it its!

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 4:39 AM

Hi girls,

Robin, Sounds like pure torture being forced to eat chocolate chip cookies. LOL

Jo, Hope the stretching goes off without a hitch today.

Darlene, Not sure if mercerized thread contains polyester.

Diane, Good to hear about church. Your roses are enchanting.

Linny, Hope you're doing well. TGIF and good luck with your sale tomorrow.

As for me I am off to the Sewing Expo with Sandy. A much needed break, and I'm looking forward to it. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,040
Points 65,605
Robin replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 5:58 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I trust that you all slept well and are well on your way to the start of a lovely Friday.

Today is National True Confessions Day.    Go ahead if you DARE!

Stephanie,   You should know I am green with envy that you are going to the expo.  I've tried my best to figure out how to do it.  But something keeps popping up.  This weekend in it is my mom's computer.   DH and I have to go over to Tallahassee and help her pick out a new one.   Seems like every appliance in her house has decided to die in the last 6 months.   I hope this is the last one for her sake.

Jo,  Praying that the Lord will bless you and keep you this morning as you rise early and go for your procedure.   May your recovery be swift.

Darlene,  I'm not sure about the thread either. 

Diane,  Your Rose Garden looks lovely.   So sorry that your friends at church don't understand your illness.   I have a friend who has Fibromylagia.  We use to work together but she switched to from our assistant principal to an elementary principal, which seems to be a lot less stress for her and I can tell it has made a difference in how she feels.   She use to look tired all the time. 

Linny,    Thanks for the offer about the cookies but I wouldn't wish that on anyone (hehehe).   I've thrown another lab in for culinary today.  We're going to make three desserts for this evenings band competition.  This is a fundraiser for the band and I thought it would be a good experience for the kids.  This will be the first time they make something for others without eating any of it.   They make get a little rowdy today. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Diane, your stitching is absolutely beautiful and I do not believe there is any need to redo or add anything.

This is just my humble opinion.  Take it for what it is worth.

Darlene

from Western New York

Page 365 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev362363364365366Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use