My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 6:01 PM

I love that CQ Linny. Lots of interesting things to look at. Thanks for sharing part of your day with us.

northern colorado

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,141
Points 42,700
Diane replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 8:44 PM

Very pretty quilt Linny.  I love the colors and that it seems to have a theme.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 4:02 AM

Can't believe I missed two days. I wasn't feeling well Sunday, and yesterday went by in a flurry of activity. So much so that I was asleep by 7:30. I think I sleep to not only regroup, but escape from it all. I love the creativeness of my work, but it sucks the life out of me.  I guess that's what they call giving it your all. LOL 

Robin, You are in my prayers, and I'm sorry to hear you have been struggling. I hope between reading and some quiet time and prayer,  you can begin to feel refreshed and renewed. lt has to be hard to have put everything into the energies of the state competetion and come home to a mess. 

Jo, Your wacky web turned out amazing. I think it's beautiful that you used a white background in it. I'd say too that it's one of my fav's that Ive seen for a scrappy. WTG, and thanks for sharing a pic with us. Sammy looks adorable laying on it.

Linny, Love the cq. Isn't it wonderful to see one with a ribbon?

Hope you all have a super day today. I'll be home today, but it won't be a day off. I'm pscyhing myself up for it. Hopefully it won't be too overwhelming. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 5:27 AM

Linny,

The quilt is great.  I love the medals and labels.   Such a neat way to display mementos. 

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 5:39 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

It's National Girl Scout day!  So congrats to all of those of you who were or are one.

I hope you all enjoyed Monday.  It went pretty smoothly.  Had a talk with my principal about something so I felt a little more positive about things at school.   Hopefully this is the sign of an up swing.   

I have to keep it short this morning since I overslept.   

Have a great Tuesday.

Robin

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 11:39 AM

Happy Tuesday and National Girl Scout Day!  Robin, hopefully getting things off your chest with your principal will help get them off you mind a little, too.  Do you keep a journal?  Sometimes in my life I have kept one and it helped a lot.  

I overslept this morning, too.  I woke up at 7:33 and have to be at work at 8...needless to say I've been catching up with myself all morning.  I have a Dr.'s appt. this afternoon, so hopefully I'll get home early.

Have a happy day everyone!

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Robin, thinking of you and praying for you to find peace.

So sorry that you overslept.  I hate it when that happens because the whole day seems like I am trying to catch up with myself.  Since I am up in the middle of the night, I fear that will be me Wednesday but I hope not.  Taking Mom to doctor appointment in Buffalo and don't want to be behind all day.

Wishing all my quilty friends a Wonderful Wednesday.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,220

Jo, Wacky Web quilt is beautiful.  This is on my list of to-do projects.  I love string piecing.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 5:19 AM

Good Morning Y'all,

i hope your day is off to a pleasant start.

Today is lab day for me.  We will be making cookies in my beginning clas.  A simple recipe for measuring skills.  In culinary we'll be trying some more complicated recipes than they or I am use to.   Here's hoping they are ready.  I guess will see.

Darlene,

Thanks for the sweet sentiment.   I'm working through things as best I can.   Every time I think I've over it I learn something else about the situation and find my angry brewing all over again, which simply leaves me feeling betrayed.   But I know I'm a work in progress.

Have a great day everyone.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 353
Points 9,590

Darlene:
Jo, Wacky Web quilt is beautiful.

Thanks, Darlene.  The Wacky Web quilt is paper-pieced. I don't know if that is the same as string pieced or not. I had watched a tutorial by Jennie Doan on Missouri Star Quilt to do it.

Last June I had to have my esophagus stretched because I was having trouble with food getting stuck and choking. Well, I was having trouble choking again; I had a barium swollow test on Mon. saw the doctor yesterday and he said I have a "bad stricture" and it needs stretched again. I am having it done again on Fri. 15th. We have to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. and the hospital is 39 miles away.  I will probably wake up early anyway.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 353
Points 9,590

Darlene:
Jo, Wacky Web quilt is beautiful.

Thanks, Darlene.  The Wacky Web quilt is paper-pieced. I don't know if that is the same as string pieced or not. I had watched a tutorial by Jennie Doan on Missouri Star Quilt to do it.

Last June I had to have my esophagus stretched because I was having trouble with food getting stuck and choking. Well, I was having trouble choking again; I had a barium swollow test on Mon. saw the doctor yesterday and he said I have a "bad stricture" and it needs stretched again. I am having it done again on Fri. 15th. We have to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. and the hospital is 39 miles away.  I will probably wake up early anyway.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 11:21 AM

Darlene:

Robin, thinking of you and praying for you to find peace.

So sorry that you overslept.  I hate it when that happens because the whole day seems like I am trying to catch up with myself.  Since I am up in the middle of the night, I fear that will be me Wednesday but I hope not.  Taking Mom to doctor appointment in Buffalo and don't want to be behind all day.

Wishing all my quilty friends a Wonderful Wednesday.

Darlene, good luck with getting Mom to the Dr.  Hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday, too.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 11:23 AM

Jo, I'll say a little payer that all goes well for you on Friday.  It sounds painful.  Hope it's not.

The paper for your wacky web is in triangles, right?  Then you sew and flip strips to the triangles of paper and then trim?  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,258
Points 112,760
Linny t replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 11:25 AM

Robin:
I'm working through things as best I can.   Every time I think I've over it I learn something else about the situation and find my angry brewing all over again, which simply leaves me feeling betrayed.   But I know I'm a work in progress.

We're all here for you if you want to talk it through.  I pray that today will bring you piece of mind about the whole issue and you'll be able to put it behind you, dear.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 353
Points 9,590

Linny t:
The paper for your wacky web is in triangles, right?  Then you sew and flip strips to the triangles of paper and then trim?

Yes, Linny, that is how it is done. 

I don't remember that it was too painful when it was done the last time. I am going to make some jello tomorrow in case I need something soft to eat. I also have some yogurt that I can eat. I am not going to Wed. night church because I don't want to catch a cold before the surgery.

• Post Points: 50
Page 364 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev362363364365366Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use