My Day.......

rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 11:52 AM

Linny---there is no theme for the RR.  It's called "Fabulous First Timers".  It's something you have to do to get into the regular RR which have themes most of the time.  The other RR is "Confidence Builders"  I seem to be stuck on that level for right now.

Thanks for the compliment Stephanie.  I forgot to say that I used to do Psyc home care and that's where I saw a lot of big homes.  It was interesting to see how people lived.  I got to see all types of homes.

Has everyone been keeping up with Mary Corbit's embroidering eggs??  Wow!  I think this is something that you would try Linny!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613

Diane:
The other RR is "Confidence Builders"  I seem to be stuck on that level for right now.

Is this something that's your choice? 

Diane:
.  I forgot to say that I used to do Psyc home care and that's where I saw a lot of big homes.  It was interesting to see how people lived.  I got to see all types of homes.

That must have been very interesting. Was it easier than being in a ward? Did you ever get attached?

Diane:

Has everyone been keeping up with Mary Corbit's embroidering eggs??  Wow!  I think this is something that you would try Linny!

They are beautiful, aren't they? I don't think I would ever have the coordination to do one. I can't imagine the frustration of it coming along and making one wrong move and breaking it. But I can definitely admire them from afar. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 7:11 PM

Diane:
 I've been keeping up with it, but I don't feel compelled to try it just now.  I don't have time and space for it.  Can you imagine 5yr old Nate trying to help?  I do have beautiful Easter eggs inside my head.  They just haven't come out yet, lol.   Hey, maybe that's what's wrong with me, lol.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 7:27 PM

Stephanie:
Hope if you decide to go to the quilt show, you and Barb have a great time!

We did go and we had a marvelous time, too.  The quilts were amazing.  Only one CQ.  I forgot my cell phone, so Barb took a pic on hers.  I have to wait until she sends it to me and then I'll post it.  It was nice.  There was this one block that was embellished with the labels out of clothes from nice clothing stores - some of which have long since closed, like Burdines.  It was cute.  There was another quilt that had one CQ block in it that was a memory one.  It was to celebrate a marriage and a birth of their daughter.  She printed out the tiny foot and hand print on printable fabric and put it on there.  It was so pretty and nicely done.  Looked like memories.  There was no end to the talent represented there.  It made me feel good to be in a crowd of creative people.  I tried out a Sweet 16 for free motion.  That was cool and just under $5k.  They had this to die for embroidery machine, too.  You could scan your hoop and the screen would find the pattern and align to it.  I could see where that'd make re-hooping a no brainer.  Amazing!  That was about as much as a small car, lol.  Some day I'll have some great machines....Someday....

I got some silk remnants, a template to make prairie points, a thing that sprays glitter paint for fabric and a few other things.  We walked out with loads of ideas.  Barb found a few things that she wanted to try in her craft.  We had a great sister day.  After we went to a new bead store in Sarasota.  Finally I have a bead store close to me again.  That was great fun, too.  I spent too much, of course, but I have all this new material to create, so that eases the pain, lol.  Then we had a late lunch at Sweet Tomatoes.  It was a grand time. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 8:28 PM

Linny--sounds like you and your sister had a wonderful day.  That glitter spray thing sounds interesting.  I buy almost everything online now a days.  But I remember loving going shopping especially at craft fairs.

Today I worked on another block from the RR's.  Stephanie--I stay at the beginners level because I want to.  After you complete a RR at the beginning level, then you can join others.  I think people do great work at the basic level.  Maybe one day I'll join another type---water garden, english garden, butterflies and bees---the list is endless.  LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 7:30 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope that you remembered to Spring forward this morning.

It's been nice to be home for a few days and get caught up on the laundry and some .... school work.    Yes,  I know that I wasn't suppose to but lesson plans wait on no body.   So I went out to school and did them Friday morning to get them behind me.    I've got a little work to do on Culinary this afternoon but not a lot.   I've just been puttering a lot.   Kinda came back home to a mess and it put me in a slump.   I wish they had the high quality standards for subs as they do teachers.   But none the less this to will pass.

Darlene,   I was so happy to hear that Tim would be returning to the classroom shortly.   I know that will make him feel productive and useful.   And with Gracie to help him grade papers it will be even more amusing than usual.

Diane,  Your block looks so lovely.  I know the receiptant will be delighted to receive it.

Stephanie,  Thanks for wondering about me.    I'm fine.   I just was dealing with some emotions.

Linny,  Glad to hear that you and Barb had some a great day.   Bead store sounds wonderful.  Is this the one beside the pottery place?  or is it another one.

Lillie,  Sorry the rain washed your snow away.  Hope you got some more.   

The rain here has stopped but has since both the withlacoohee and the suwannee river to flood stage.  The withlacoohee has actually flooded and is beginning to fall.  The Suwannee was suppose to crest yesterday.  I have heard if it has.  All of this should be helpful  to building up the aquifer in this area.  

My website for days has closed so I will have to do some research.   However, my friend on facebook post that this is National Awesomeness Day.   I wish all of you would treat yourself you to some delicious and decadent in honor of you being the most awesome people a gal could know. 

Have a great Sunday.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 8:14 AM

Robin, I've been worried about you and I'm so glad you posted.  You just needed a break, that's all.  Funny how we worry about each other here.  I think we've told you once or twice we think you are very Awesome, too, so treat yourself well today.  You push so hard for your family and school.  You deserve to hide out a little once in awhile.  We love you.

Do you live close enough to those rivers to worry about the flooding?  

I don't know anything about a bead shop by a pottery shop.  Not many of those type of shops are still in existence around here after the recession, but some are springing up now...good to see.  This one is Donna's Beads and it's next to a little restaurant on one side and a hair dresser on the other.  Barb and I said it was perfect.  You could have a nice meal, get your hair done and then shop for beads all in one parking, lol.  What could be better?  Well they could have a quilt shop, too, but I'm not complaining.  It's on Beneva Rd. near Webber, if you know the area.

Today is chores.  I need to clean up the yard some since we've had some windy days lately.  Lots of neighborhood trash blew into my yard.  I have a fence along one side and it stops all the plastic bags and foam cups and such.  I bought a Federal Jasmine vine a couple of weeks ago when I was helping Barb with her yard and I need to plant that today.  So, dirty hands, no sewing until later.

Linny T

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 350
Points 9,500
Norma Doll replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 12:54 PM

Hi everyone.....I typed a big post the other day with a picture of my completed Wacky Web quilt and I haven't seen it and no one has commented about it, so I guess it didn't make it in.  I can't remember all I commented about, so will just enclude my quilt picture.

Sammy likes the quilt.

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 1:41 PM

Normajo---the quilt is lovely!!!  I love scrap quilts and you made something beatiful and distinctive.  I would love to have one!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 3:44 PM

Jo, I love this quilt.  Looks like your kitty does, too.  I love scrappy quilts anyways, but this one is so happy looking.  You did a great job!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,053
Points 65,880
Robin replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 5:07 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope your day is off to a good start.   I could have use about two more hours in the bed but it's time to get going so go I must.

Linny,  I do find it funny how we all look after each other even though we are so far apart geographically.  And yes I did simply need a break from the world.   I did work on wrapping my head around my concerns at school last night.  I'm reading a book called Fearless by Max Lucado and the chapter last night was spot on, so that has me renewed and refreshed right this minute.  And this minute is all I have to count on.     As far as the river the concern we had about flooding was the fact that Laurie has to cross one of those rivers to get to a from school.  But that one is receding so no worries there either.  

Jo,  Your quilt is lovely.  I'm so glad your post got lost otherwise I might have missed seeing your beautiful quilt.   I love a good scrappy.   You did a terrific job. 

Well,  it's back to the salt mine today.   We have about two weeks then we get Spring Break.  After that the school year will begin to fly as we will be in the final 9 weeks of the year.  

I hate to ask but if you would all say a little prayer today that my mood would get a swift kick in the seat of the pants I would appreciate it.   Nothing to specifically wrong.  Just a lot of little things that are out of place which can be overwhelming at times. 

My the way according to my friend on facebook.  It is National Napping day.  I hope you all enjoy it.  

Have a terrific day.

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 7:36 AM

I love scrappy quilts Jo. Yours is beautiful.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:18 AM

Robin, it's not a burden to pray for you.  I do it all the time.  Extra prayers going up for your clouds to lift.  I'm glad you only have 2 weeks until Spring Break.  You could use the time off.  Our county has Spring Break this week.  When I left for work Nate was already up and playing his Wi.  I thought, I should have been a school teacher.

I think we should all be allowed to nap, since it's National Napping day.  Somehow I don't think my boss would let me get away with it.  No sense of humor, that guy.

Glad there's no danger from flooding for your daughter.  I used to work at a place that flooded every time the river rose.  One time I had to get payroll out, so they got one of their bull dozers and I got a ride to the building in the bucket.   

Hope your day is zipping along and the clouds have lifted from your thoughts.  Go to a nursery and look at some spring flowers.  That always helps me.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,114
Points 42,220
Diane replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:26 PM

Robin---glad to see you back.  I hope you are feeling better soon.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,228
Points 112,250
Linny t replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:41 PM

Here are the pics from the one and only CQ at the show I went to.  Sorry they're a little fuzzy.  That's my sister's phone camera.

Linny T

Page 363 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev361362363364365Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use