rated by 0 users
This post has 5,485 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 5:43 PM

Stephanie:
Thank goodness I never had anyone keeping track. LOL. I'd venture to say I worried about the clean house far more than I actually dove in and kept at it. LOL. It's boring and never ending isn't it? And yet, it feels so good to accomplish. The places I go into to work are spotless and neat like magazine photo's.  Of course they all have housekeepers and don't work outside of the home for the most part. And no kids, no pets. Not having pets is too hefty a price to pay for a clean house for me.

I think she saw me struggling to feel comfortable at it.  I never felt like it was enough at first.  Maybe her son said something to her, lol.  I am so glad I chose a home instead of a house.  My home has living beings in it and they are allowed to be comfortable.  Don't get me wrong.  We're not pigs.  It's just that we don't make the point about everything being in it's place and every spec of dirt being cleaned.  I think it's nice to have nice things, but not to the point where the point of life is the place and things and not the life.  I'd never make it in that world.  Like you say, the price is too hefty.  I have also found that housework is never ending.  It was easier for me to back off of it once I learned that I could never be "done", lol.  

So, did you convince yourself that company was coming?

Linny T

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,060
Points 41,275
Diane replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 9:21 PM

I've been in those types of homes Stephanie.  I don't know how people are comfortable there.  Lots were full of collectables.  Very cold to me.  I'm with Linny.  I don't mind things being out of place---I am trying to declutter and the cleaning lady is helping me do that.  She does the heavy stuff and I have time to to do the straightening up. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 11:09 AM

Good afternoon everyone.  Happy Friday!

I'm going to a quilt show tomorrow and I'm so excited about it that I can't wait until today is over.  I've been wanting to go to one for a long time.  I'm going with my sister who is almost as excited as I am.  She said she's looking forward to seeing all the pretties.  I'm going to get her quilting one of these days. 

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 1:51 PM

OMGosh. I have almost given up trying to log-on to this site. My Day is just horrible for me to get on. I don't have those issues with any of the other sites I belong to on QCA. Just this one. Grrr...

Have a wonderful time at the quilt show Linny. I hope you come back tired, but in a good way, and totally inspired.

We're expecting 6-12 inches of snow this weekend. I hope we get it.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 3:27 PM

Thanks, Lillie.  Hope you have a lovely weekend, too.  Stay warm.  Be safe.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,060
Points 41,275
Diane replied on Fri, Mar 8 2013 9:30 PM

Here are some pics of one of the blocks I did in another RR.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 7:03 AM

Gosh darn. We did not get any snow or rain last night. But, I think it just started snowing about 1/2 hour ago and it's sticking. They said 100% chance of snow today with 6-10 inches. Maybe the storm was slower moving than they originally predicted.

I did a new ab workout at the gym yesterday and boy howdy, my abs are yelling at me this morning!  lol

northern colorado

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,086
Points 31,520
Lillie replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 7:05 AM

Diane:

Here are some pics of one of the blocks I did in another RR.

Is this your block Diane? Or someone's block that you are embellishing? Did you do the ribbon work on it?

northern colorado

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 7:45 AM

Diane, love those roses!  You're really having fun with the silk ribbon, aren't you.  You're good at it.  Cute spider & web, too.  Does this RR have a theme?

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 8:14 AM

Lillie:

Gosh darn. We did not get any snow or rain last night. But, I think it just started snowing about 1/2 hour ago and it's sticking. They said 100% chance of snow today with 6-10 inches. Maybe the storm was slower moving than they originally predicted.

I did a new ab workout at the gym yesterday and boy howdy, my abs are yelling at me this morning!  lol

My daughter in NY said she got over a foot of snow.  Her son didn't put away the shovel and it must be buried somewhere out there, so she couldn't shovel any of it.  She's going to make him go out there and clean off the car by hand.  I bet he puts the shovel away next time.  

As for the abs, Lillie, I'm proud of you.  You go girl!  Think of next time when it doesn't hurt so much and starts really showing.  You'll be so proud of yourself and feel and look like a million bucks!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,110
Points 110,355
Linny t replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 8:16 AM

I miss Robin's morning musings.  Has anyone heard from her?

Robin, hope you're okay.  It's not like you to not post.  Did you enjoy your day off yesterday?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318

Linny t:

So, did you convince yourself that company was coming?

For a few hours. LOL. I'm picking up the pace again today.

Hope if you decide to go to the quilt show, you and Barb have a great time!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318

Diane:
I don't know how people are comfortable there.  Lots were full of collectables.  Very cold to me.

That's the problem I have with them. Most are darkly lit, and very cold. I'm starting to see a trend to lighten things up, except with cabinetry. It's a mix, but mostly darks right now. I couldn't live in a sterile environment because of hobbies, but too much clutter gets on my nerves. It's so nice to hear you have a cleaning lady to do the heavy stuff so you can focus on decluttering. That has to be such a help for you.

Your roses are beauttiful! I like the thread you used for your spider web. You did a really nice job on it too. One of these days I'm going to delve into making one.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318

Lillie,

Good for you going to the gym and doing the ab work out! Hope you get your snow, and have a wonderful weekend. And that the site is better for you next time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,488
Points 138,318

Linny t:

I miss Robin's morning musings.  Has anyone heard from her?

Robin, hope you're okay.  It's not like you to not post.  Did you enjoy your day off yesterday?

I miss you too Robin....

Page 362 of 366 (5486 items) «Prev360361362363364Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use